British Music and Why America Can't Compete

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
One of the biggest aspects of Britain that I am proud of is its rich and varied history with music and I think its pretty obvious that America just can't compete with the constant and endless flow of No.1 hits and Festival Headliners that the UK has produced over the years. I can't exactly put down why this is but the following list is basically proof enough of how rich the background of British music is, yes America is bigger and you could probably make a longer list of talented artists but then we turn to the Quality over Quantity. I'm going to follow this statement up with a list of legendary British acts and songs that showcase their talent.

The Beatles

Starting with the biggest band of all time.

Songs

I Want To Hold Your Hand, Come Together, Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Little Help From My Friends, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Help!, Eight Days A Week, A Hard Days Night, The Ballad Of John and Yoko, Here Comes The Sun, Hey Jude, Don't Let Me Down, Let It Be.

Oasis

The definition of Brit Pop

Songs

Married With Children, Supersonic, Live Forever, Rock N Roll Star, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger, Be Here Now, The Importance Of Being Idle, Hello, Hey Now, Roll With It, Champagne Supernova.

Arctic Monkeys

The Post Punk Revival

Songs

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, 505, Still Take You Home, Riot Van, A Certain Romance, When The Sun Goes Down, Brianstorm, If You Were There Beware, Teddy Picker, Fluorescent Adolescent, My Propeller, Crying Lightning, Pretty Visitors, Cornerstone, Suck It And See, Love Is A Laserquest, Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair, Do I Wanna Know, R U Mine?, One For The Road, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High, I Wanna Be Yours.

These are the big three from the last 3 generations for me personally, you could throw in Radiohead between The Beatles and Oasis too or Queen or a million different bands but personally I don't listen to them enough to recommend songs. So now I'll just list a bunch of popular and quality bands and artists.

Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, The Clash, The Who, Miles Kane, The Last Shadow Puppets, Catfish and The Bottlemen, The Kooks, Kasabian, Ed Sheeran, Beady Eye, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Queen, Adele, The Smiths, David Bowie, Billy Idol, Bloc Party, Fleetwood Mac, Iron Maiden, Mumford and Sons, The Police, Sex Pistols, Wolf Alice, Joy Division, New Order, Motorhead, Pulp and The Stone Roses.

That is barely scratching the surface, I mean seriously go look at Manchester alone.​

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I mean at the same time, we did create Honey G & One Direction so...

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
And how dare you Adam... Forgetting this best British group ever...