Briscoes re-sign with ROH, plus 2 more sign

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Jay & Mark Briscoe, 6 time ROH World Tag Team Champions, have re-signed with ROH for another two years. To me this is great news for ROH as they've been one of the cornerstones of ROH from day one.

Ring of Honor also picked up Adam Cole and Mike Bennett.

Montana

Reaction score
The Briscoes are probably the best tag team in the world for the last 7 years. Great signing for ROH, the only question is how can they keep the Briscoe's fresh without splitting them. Or maybe they should split them up.

Very surprised TNA didn't snatch them up.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Jay and Mark really have nothing more to prove in ROH. The only thing I can think of, is they must be making more money these days. 6 time ROH Tag Team Champs plus the longest run in ROH history with the titles. Don't split them up. Jay and Mark do well on their own, but they draw better together. I've got quite a few ROH dvd's where they wrestle singles and it's fun, but it's not the same as them tagging up. I can't remember the event, but I have one dvd where they go at it with each other. If Mark can stay healthy enough, one day you'll see these two in either TNA or WWE. I think they have a good thing going right now with Hero and Castagnoli. Now that I think about ROH tag teams, anyone know what the heck is up with Irish Airborne??? Really liked the Crist bros, but haven't seen them in a while.

Montana

Reaction score
The Irish Airborne rarely wrestle in ROH. Sometimes as a special appearance. You can find them in other indies though. I believe FIP, Evolve, DGUSA, they randomly appear in those as well.

Good point about TNA putting more effort into wwe stars.

I believe the Mark vs. Jay Briscoe match you speak of is Fifth year festival finale? I believe that was their best match up against each other.

chessarmy

Reaction score
There is seriously nothing more for The Briscoes to do in ROH, I'm hoping they split up (not break up) for a while and do something different.

pumpt73

Reaction score
The Irish Airborne rarely wrestle in ROH. Sometimes as a special appearance. You can find them in other indies though. I believe FIP, Evolve, DGUSA, they randomly appear in those as well.

Good point about TNA putting more effort into wwe stars.

I believe the Mark vs. Jay Briscoe match you speak of is Fifth year festival finale? I believe that was their best match up against each other.

Thanks my friend. I was wondering where the Crists were at. I love those guys. Not a great tag team, but a solid tag team. I'll have to check. I have 5th Year Festival Finale on DVD. I just haven't watched any ROH in a while. Thanks again my friend.