Bringing Out Your Salt!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2015, Khali winning the World title, Ziggler World title reign in 2013, Christian losing the World title 5 days after he won it, Triple H burying Booker T at WM 19, Cena burying the Nexus, anything involving Bobby Lashley in his WWE run, etc ...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2015, Khali winning the World title, Ziggler World title reign in 2013, Christian losing the World title 5 days after he won it, Triple H burying Booker T at WM 19, Cena burying the Nexus, anything involving Bobby Lashley in his WWE run, etc ...
Wow...that's a lot of salt...

• Haha
Reactions: TheprofileofJericho

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Starrcade 1997, Sting vs Hulk Hogan. This was probably the single stupidest thing ever done in the history of professional wrestling. Although a lot of people remember the match incorrectly, Sting actually DID dominate the match. It was about 60% Sting and 40% Hogan. And Bischoff can defend Hogan all he wants to (he claims the reason he didn't let Sting destroy Hogan was because Sting was in poor physical shape... but watch the match... Sting was in the shape of his lfie) but we know the only reason Sting didn't go into that match and decimate Hogan in less than a minute was because of Hogan's creative control crap. He cared more about his image than he did bringing the one and ONLY reasonable conclusion to an 18 month story line. So Sting, who was basically indestructible for over a year couldn't put Hogan away like he had done over and over.

And then that nonsense ending. And yeah, obviously it was set up too. I doubt Nick Patrick would have accidentally botched a fast count. Don't know if Bischoff was in on that, but at the very least Hogan was.

So 18 freaking months of building this match, 18 months of bringing this to the most fan satisfying conclusion after months and months of frustration of Hogan getting away with everything... and basically shit all over the fans. I never watched WCW after that. Any irritation I had at Vince McMahon for the screwjob was eclipsed by this because Vince might have screwed Bret, but Bischoff and Hogan screwed every single WCW fan who made them the number one show with that bullshit.

See, it's been 20 years and I am still salty about it.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Starrcade 1997, Sting vs Hulk Hogan. This was probably the single stupidest thing ever done in the history of professional wrestling. Although a lot of people remember the match incorrectly, Sting actually DID dominate the match. It was about 60% Sting and 40% Hogan. And Bischoff can defend Hogan all he wants to (he claims the reason he didn't let Sting destroy Hogan was because Sting was in poor physical shape... but watch the match... Sting was in the shape of his lfie) but we know the only reason Sting didn't go into that match and decimate Hogan in less than a minute was because of Hogan's creative control crap. He cared more about his image than he did bringing the one and ONLY reasonable conclusion to an 18 month story line. So Sting, who was basically indestructible for over a year couldn't put Hogan away like he had done over and over.

And then that nonsense ending. And yeah, obviously it was set up too. I doubt Nick Patrick would have accidentally botched a fast count. Don't know if Bischoff was in on that, but at the very least Hogan was.

So 18 freaking months of building this match, 18 months of bringing this to the most fan satisfying conclusion after months and months of frustration of Hogan getting away with everything... and basically shit all over the fans. I never watched WCW after that. Any irritation I had at Vince McMahon for the screwjob was eclipsed by this because Vince might have screwed Bret, but Bischoff and Hogan screwed every single WCW fan who made them the number one show with that bullshit.

See, it's been 20 years and I am still salty about it.
Yeah...WCW basically fucked up the biggest match in the history of their organization.

This match should have been booked liked Goldberg/Lesnar II...Sting should have
come out guns blazing, some heavy right hands, a couple of Stinger Splashes, a
Scorpion Death Drop & into the Scorpion Deathlock for the win...simple, easy & a
logical finish that would have made the entire wrestling world happy.

But...well...you explained what happened.

I do understand your saltiness Jakey-Jake...it was a HUGE fuck up for them to make.

And yet I watched Hogan put Goldberg over on Nitro for the World title...

I don't get it?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
In recent memory, DB not even doing well in the 2014 rumble. He got eliminated in bs fashion and then we had Batistas old ass come in and win it all. Worst decision ever. Bryan didn’t need to win, honestly. But really? He’s just thrown out like garbage and that same night I think he lost to Wyatt.

Most things with CM Punk. Don’t get me wrong, once they realized how much money he was making, Punk was a main eventer. However, it just always felt like, despite him outselling Cena at one point, he would always take a back seat for rock, Cena, Triple h, Brock, etc. One moment in particular that made me so pissed off was when he faced triple h at night of champions and triple h won... literally for no reason. It made absolutely no sense.

Reigns entering in at 30 last year. Most shit with reigns.

Brock breaking the streak in the fashion he did. It was too easy and stale. And I feel they could’ve chose a better guy.

Most thing with Bray Wyatt. Mainly when he won the title and beat AJ and Cena in the same night, only to lose to Orton and get moved to raw. So pissed.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
In recent memory, DB not even doing well in the 2014 rumble. He got eliminated in bs fashion and then we had Batistas old ass come in and win it all. Worst decision ever. Bryan didn’t need to win, honestly. But really? He’s just thrown out like garbage and that same night I think he lost to Wyatt.

I think that the real beginning of the Reigns backlash was when he won the Superstar of the Year Slammy Award in December 2004, despite being injured and out for half the year and accomplishing practically nothing that year. However, I think the unceremonious way that DB was eliminated in the Rumble really fucked it up. As many of us DB fans said, we knew he wasn't going to win. But we wanted to see him do well. He barely lasted and his elimination was bizarre. And I think coupled with the Slammy thing, that was the beginning of the end for many of us caring for the Roman push.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think that the real beginning of the Reigns backlash was when he won the Superstar of the Year Slammy Award in December 2004, despite being injured and out for half the year and accomplishing practically nothing that year. However, I think the unceremonious way that DB was eliminated in the Rumble really fucked it up. As many of us DB fans said, we knew he wasn't going to win. But we wanted to see him do well. He barely lasted and his elimination was bizarre. And I think coupled with the Slammy thing, that was the beginning of the end for many of us caring for the Roman push.
Agreed. Forgot about the slammy. That made me pissed as well.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
The most recent match that broybro me to maximum saltiness was Wyatt v Orton at Rasslemania. On top of that, every bad Wyatt moment in 2017 made that salt build more and more because I think 2017 would've theoretically been a fantastic year for both Bray and Smackdown if he won. WWE wouldn't want Bray losing to Jinder right away (Orton could easily recover, Wyatt couldn't), so Jinder would've actually been built, and then we probably would've had Mahal beat Wyatt at either Battleground or Summerslam, Mahal would hold it till India season, lose it to Styles, and we'd be where we are today but with a less hated Mahal and an upper midcard Bray

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Randy Orton squashing Rusev in 10 seconds was a definite moment for me. I was downright pissed at them for that one.

I despise Goldberg, and seeing them bring him back made me pretty unhappy. As much as I enjoyed seeing Brock Lesnar jabroni’d out, sweating profusely, out of breath geriatric Goldberg was not the one that should have squashed him. And then of course, he disappeared and the potential credibility that could have helped promote a young wrestler just vanished for nothing.

Anyone having to kiss Vince’s bare ass cheeks on live TV was just too much. As awesome as the attitude era was when I was growing up, it got to be too much and led to me taking pretty long hiatus from wrasslin’ when it finally started fizzling out.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The most recent match that broybro me to maximum saltiness was Wyatt v Orton at Rasslemania. On top of that, every bad Wyatt moment in 2017 made that salt build more and more because I think 2017 would've theoretically been a fantastic year for both Bray and Smackdown if he won. WWE wouldn't want Bray losing to Jinder right away (Orton could easily recover, Wyatt couldn't), so Jinder would've actually been built, and then we probably would've had Mahal beat Wyatt at either Battleground or Summerslam, Mahal would hold it till India season, lose it to Styles, and we'd be where we are today but with a less hated Mahal and an upper midcard Bray
In this scenario I would of had Jinder win the MITB instead of Corbin. That way we didnt have to have a inevitably akward and shitty Bray v Jinder feud.

Reactions: Grievous 3D