Bring it back!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Ever since the ending of ECW Raw and Smackdown just seem a clusterfuck of superstars. Both brand have like 10 extra wrestlers that they just don't have time for. I can't think of one superstar that was made a free agent by ECW that has a regular spot on their brand, I think only two of them appeared at Wrestlemania (barring the Battle Royal). NXT is taking up precious time that the former ECW roster could be using, it is disgraceful that those 8 rookies get more air time than the likes of Yoshi, Zeke, Zack etc. I think that either Smackdown and Raw's air times should be increased by atleast 30 mins or a show like ECW should be brought back. What do you all think?

LKP

Reaction score
More 6 man tag matches i say lol ^^^^^

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I realy enjoyed ECW because it gave younger stars time to shine on TV without all the pressure.

noumenon

Reaction score
ECW was a train wreck at times in its own right, but there's no doubt it was 100 times better than this NXT bullshit. I don't think that "ECW" should necessarily be brought back, but I think a regular third brand geared towards younger talent would be good to see once NXT is over.

maty619

Reaction score
Why couldn't the NXT rookies gone into WWE through ECW's new star initiative or whatever it was called. I would have much prefered that.

Reaction score
Just call the show NXT, but drop the lameness and just have it be the "Next Generation" brand. They should just sign a bunch of indy workers to non guaranteed contracts, let them go out there and see who catches on with the crowd. No need for titles or anything, have them compete for spots on PPVs and big shows.

seX-Power

Reaction score
NXT as it's own brand as Enzo said is a great idea. Not sure about bringing the indy guys in as the WWE has enough young guys that haven't had the chance to catch on with the crowd.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Why couldn't the NXT rookies gone into WWE through ECW's new star initiative or whatever it was called. I would have much prefered that.

That's pretty much what ECW was when it was running. :roll:

Whatever... Bring it back - I feel starved of well booking wrestling.

Auronin

Reaction score
Too bad NXT is already planned to be scrapped. This Fall when Smackdown moves to its time slot on Scifi(Yes I refuse to call it that lame ass Syfy that some stupid female exec thought was a good idea) NXT is going bye bye for sure maybe sooner. I hope they reconsider and move it to later in the week like back to Thursdays. If they can talk Scifi into that then we could keep NXT on Tuesdays make it more match oriented and less of these lame challenges crap. They don't even need a title though a GREAT idea would be to have a NXT TV title since its a 1 hr show old school 1 fall with a 10 min TV time limit would fit right in.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
the problem is a one hour time slot isn't enough to make NXT a compatition since the damn promos take up half the show and the dumb little contests you barely get a match in.

Reaction score
The NXT concept is something I like; The NXT show I don't like. It seems that at times WWE are making the rookies do stupid and lame things (carry a barrel, sell programs, battle on a podium). As for bringing back ECW, I say no. I suggest bringing the new talent onto Superstars and also swapping Superstars to Tuesday Night on SciFi and getting rid of NXT all together.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Ummm, no.

WWE does not have the roster depth for 3 brands, it should always be just RAW and Smackdown! because WWE only has enough talent for two brands, not three. I don't get why people want ECW to return anyways, it was a joke. The ECW Title meant nothing, the show itself was boring and uneventful, and the ratings were at TNA's level.

ECW was an epic fail, they need to leave the whole concept of 3 brands dead and buried

maty619

Reaction score
WWE doesn't have the roster depth for three brands does it not? As far as I'm concerned they could pull of four brands if need be. Raw and Smackdown have far too much wasted mid card talent and as for main eventers there are plenty, Raw is jam packed with the best main eventers but Smackdown still squeezes out some credible main eventers, there is definately the roster depth. As for the ratings, ECW was not really about having great ratings, ECW was about getting the new talent into the WWE but still providing slightly entertaining TV, which NXT does not do, the reason for that is that everything is random but in ECW there were storylines that were built up. And the ECW didn't need to have prestege, as I say it is for building up the new talent and giving them a goal.