Brian Zewbowski v. Max Maverick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
SOIUbcP.jpg

Brian Zewbowski v. Max Maverick

Deadlines
Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy King

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
dion-krasniqi-rrugica.jpg

*Unknown Location*

The scene opens with the echo of a voice down the hall. It's an older building, the walls cracking with the stink of age and degradation, and pieces of brick underlay showing through the plaster. At the end of this liminal hallway, next to a phone booth, is our dearest friend of this story, this narrative of winding bleakness: Brian Zewbowski. The phone is pressed against his ear and he talks into it with momentary lapses of silence in between. His face is beaded with sweat, and his hand grips the corridor of the phone tightly.

Brian: I'm glad to hear you guys are doing alright- Don't worry, I can take care of myself, Sarah. I'm staying away from the alcohol, I promise. I'd rather be dead than drinking again, you know this. I'm more than focused on Max, don't worry. Yeah, he's not gonna be a problem. This is Max Maverick we're talking about, Sarah! He's a great wrestler but I'm sick to death of just dealing with him time after time. I don't want Maverick, and while the tag titles are a nice consolation, I want the Grand Championship... Yes, Aka Yurei's learned all she can from me. We're going to continue to kick ass in the tag team tournament, but you and I both know her life can't always keep being intertwined with mine, and it's better if it isn't... I don't know what I'd do if that thing got a hold of her. It's why I had Aka disappear for a time, for her protection... Is that so? She left in a big hurry, huh? Alright, I'm sure she's fine-

Brian takes his left arm and raises it up to check his watch... it's time. Brian sighs and nods his head. Something is up with Brian, and there's something going on here. His mind turns to Aka Yurei, and what may be going on with her. He thinks about Mortis, and what their possible intentions are for Yurei... he shakes those thoughts away because thinking about them scares him; it's clear he cares for Aka Yurei, and he wants to protect her... but she needs to protect herself. Especially from something like Mortis.

Brian: Listen, I gotta go, I'll call you later. Love ya. Bye.

Brian hangs up the phone and begins to walk down the hallway. He gets to a pair of steel doors caked in rust. When he applies pressure to get them open, there's an audible screech that pierces the air and the now ajar doors reveal nothingness. Just what the hell is this place? This isn't some pitch-black hellscape, as upon flipping a nearby switch, the fluorescent lights flicker and brighten up this empty dance hall. It's one of those places you'd find in those old 1940s noir films, a whimsical era of what once was, with fanciful wallpaper and marble flooring. There's a small chair in the center of the room, made of oak and definitely just as old as this place. Across from the chair is an old video camera, perhaps from the 80s or so, quite anachronistic for the room it lays inside. He strides on in and promptly sits down, checking his watch and patiently waiting.

Inside his mind, Brian is not thinking about this happening, or what is to come. His mind is wandering away, towards dreams of championships and how it all was robbed from him. It still bothers him; then his mind flashes to Max Maverick. Why is it that every time there's a misstep, it's always back to this motherfucker? Brian has kicked his ass time and time again, and yet he's there like a leech. Inside that head of his, Brian understands that Maverick's good, damn good, but he's tired of Maverick. He's not going to take Max lightly, everyone knows this, but there's a sense of tired repetition written on his face. Brian yearns for something new, to break free from these shackles that the AMA has seemingly placed on him. Never good enough, he's called; a contender, he's claimed to be, but when push comes to shove, he's thrown in the background for lesser stars. He's a company man though, loyal to the end, to his purpose, entertaining the fans. So contentedly, Brian will chug on and face Maverick like a good soldier. After all, these questions surrounding his mind will just poison him, right? A soldier obeys and stays true. He stands up a little and pushes the camera into recording, before sitting back down. He stares into the camera with a pale and cold neutral expression.

Brian: Hello AMA fans. It's me, Brian Zewbowski. You don't need me to announce that though; I imagine everyone already knows who I am. The question is where am I? Well, if you fans must know, I'm where all good things go to die: the annals of the past. Though this insignificant dance hall was once the site of wonder and merriment, as the time came and went, it died and fell into obscurity. It's a pitiable way to go, isn't it? To become nothing? Max Maverick, what is the path that you will end up in? Will you be remembered in the halls of greatness with pride and awe, or will you be relegated to a mere footnote of obscurity and trivia? Have you ever wondered what your reputation and legacy will be? I've thought about it myself, many times. Well, in order to transpose yourself into remembrance, reverence, and ultimately, to be remembered, one has to etch for themself a memorable idea. A great story, a legendary moment... or a championship title. My long history has been long made of moments I thought would make me truly memorable; what have you been able to do to make a name for yourself, Max? Ultimately, it's entirely seemly that there is nothing in the cards for you.
Brian taps his feet and sighs, leaning forward with a glint of a smirk on his face.
Brian: If I may be so bold, Max... you have no killer instinct. You're a good wrestler, but good wrestling can only get you so far without the desire and drive to push yourself to your physical limits. I'm no saint, and I'm no great warrior, but I can determine that I have one great grace over every single wrestler in that locker room, including the AMA Grand Champion Shinzo... I am not afraid to literally die in that ring. To drop to the mat with my last breath, having given everything I had to this business until the burning flames of passion turn everything... and I mean everything... into white ash. Wouldn't it be fitting to die in the middle of a match, swallowed by the canvas itself, and sink into immortality? There are three kinds of death, as far as philosophy dictates. The first is when the body ceases to function, and life has ended. The second is when the body is buried and consigned to a plot of land under the earth. The final death, and perhaps the saddest fate that we all may one day suffer, is when your name is uttered for the last time in history. To prevent this final death is to become a legend, a story told through the ages, more romantic than realistic. Max Maverick, do you have what it takes to drag yourself out from a future of obscurity, and make yourself a legend? I defy you to do so because my challenge is laid bare for all to see, not just the AMA audience, not just the wrestling community as a whole, but for society at large. Defeat me, Max Maverick, and your step towards immortality will be in your hands. Those who are uttered through millennia are never truly dead; they will be immortal as long as they are revered and mentioned with awe or disgust.
Brian stands tall and reaches out his arms. Like that of Christ the Redeemer. This intense aura of immortality, juxtaposed with decrepit and obscure bleakness, is a sign of the times. The past cannot determine the future, but only the present can. In Brian's mind, it is fitting, a challenge to make others rise and defeat him. He may not be the AMA Grand Champion, but there is nobody better than Brian Zewbowski, the King of Crucifix. A god of wrestling and a man with a chip on his shoulder, he must prove that he should have won that title, whether it means making others great, or bringing them into obscurity. A mission path is made for Brian: he will make others see how he views the world, and how his betrayal will bring about a new era. His mind flashes with the AMA Grand Championship, and what could have been... but not just that... what will be.
Brian: I will await your answer to my call at Under Attack, and we shall see what kind of man you are, Maxwell. Until then, au revoir.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
The sound of some royalty free music plays as the viewers are introduced to a brightly colored graphic that reads:

Maverick on Film

The scene then opens up with “The Ace” himself, Max Maverick, sitting in a director’s chair in front of backdrop with a monitor hanging that has the same graphic that appeared on the screen earlier. Max is dressed rather formal than usual, he begins to adjust himself in his seat before he looks at the camera and gives his signature shit-eating grin.

Max Maverick: “Hello, and welcome to the first ever edition of Maverick on Film! I am your host with the most, “THE Ace”...Max Maverick! Now, you’re probably asking yourself, what is Maverick on Film? Well, to answer your question, isn’t it obvious? The answer that you’re looking for is in the name of the show! Maverick on Film! I’m here to review the most recent movies and I thought what better way to kick off Maverick on Film than to review Top Gun Maverick!”

Behind Max on the monitor, an image still of the poster for Top Gun Maverick appears on the screen.

Max Maverick: “Now, as you all should know, my favorite movie of all time, without question, is the original Top Gun. I was 15 years old when it came out in 1986 and I remember watching it for the first time in the theater like it was just yesterday. I thought the character Maverick was without a doubt the coolest guy, and he was the inspiration for yours truly. Yep, that’s right. If it weren’t for that movie and my good, close personal friend Tom Cruise, there would be no Max Maverick sitting before you right now.”

“It’s a good thing that movie came along and now all these years later, there's a new Top Gun that’s in theaters and it’s taken the world by storm! People have been flocking to the theaters to see this film, just like people will be flocking to the next AMA event Under Attack to see the hottest new stable in action, Top-Gun! That’s right, not only will you have the pleasure to see yours truly take on that mouth-breather Brian Zewbowski, but also representing Top-Gun you’ll see The Blueblood himself, Christopher McMichaels wipe the floor with that loser Marquis Bridges! That’s not all though, in the main event you’ll see Norman Namatjira squash the ignoramus Shinzo Omega like the insignificant little pissant that he is and bring home the gold to Top-Gun!”

“Myself, McMichaels, Norman, and Blake Justice are taking over AMA, and there’s nothing that anyone can do about it!”

Max is beginning to get a little heated, so he composes himself before sitting back in his chair and clears his throat before speaking again.

Max Maverick: “Anyway, I digress. Back to why I’m here, Top Gun Maverick. Little known fact about this movie, I actually auditioned for the titular role of Maverick, but I was informed that Tom Cruise would be reprising the role. That’s fine, like I said, Tom is a good, close personal friend of mine. Yeah, we met one time in a restroom when I stood next to him at a urinal. He looked at me awkwardly while I looked at him before he finished his business, washed his hands and left. We keep in touch, but with both of our busy schedules it’s difficult to find time to hang out. Anyway, Tom is outstanding in this movie. I mean, not to toot my own horn here, but I personally think I would’ve been a better choice but I’m not taking anything away from Tom, he’s terrific.”

“Then there’s Miles Teller who plays Goose’s son, Rooster. Speaking of Goose, Christopher McMichaels is like the Goose to my Maverick. Except I won’t let what happened to Goose happen to Christopher. I guess he’s more like the Rooster to my Maverick because he’s young and good looking, much better looking than Miles Teller. Christopher and I should have been in this movie. You think this movie is crushing it at the box office now, just imagine how much it would be crushing it if it starred myself and Christopher McMichaels.”

“Christopher is smart and a savvy businessman. He knows a star when he sees one and Cali Heyama, she’s a star. Christopher has proposed an offer to her and has given her a lot to consider, but I’d like to discuss things further with Cali personally at Under Attack in San Antonio.”

“Anyway, now just like Top Gun Maverick is killing it at the box office, I’ll be killing it in San Antonio when I go one on one again with Brian Zewbowski. The last time Brian and myself faced off, he got one over on me. Let me tell you right now that on that night, I was not myself. I was not at one hundred percent. I was performing under the weather that night. That’s right, I had the sniffles, and Brian took full advantage of that and beat me.”

“I’ve had to sit and let that stew and let me tell you that it still eats away at me that you beat me that night, Brian. It was a mistake and I will not let that happen again. Lighting will not strike twice. I will right that wrong at Under Attack and I will leave you laying flat on your back, looking up at the lights. You can spew out whatever it is that you talk about. That gibberish, whatever it is, it doesn’t matter. The only thing that will matter is me beating you. There’s two things you can do about that Brian; nothing and like it!”

Max leans back in his chair and adjusts himself once more.

Max Maverick: “With that said, I’ll give Top Gun Maverick 10 out of 10 on the Maverick rating scale. It’s the perfect summer blockbuster! I’m afraid that’s all the time that I have left for Maverick on Film, good night!”