Bret or Shawn?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Do you like HBK or the Hitman?

Back in the day I liked Brett more, thought he was the better wrestler but I'll admit even back then Shawn may have been the better performer.

I did not know about Shawns backstage shenanigans until 1999 or so when a friend of a firend told me.

These days I think Brett was the better wrestler and a better human being but Shawn was the better performer and post 2002 he exceeded the old HBK and Brett arguably at wrestling as well. Bret may have taken himself to seriously, Shawn was a prick on camera and worse off screen.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Both are great in their own way. Its hard to pick between because its like picking vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Shawn was a bit more controversial and exciting, while Brett was very grounded and passionate about wrestling. Both are trailblazers and introduced a whole new style, look, and approach when they were in their prime

Crash

Reaction score
I think I prefer Bret personally for his technique and ring psychology, but Shawn was such an amazing performer and a better entertainer.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
Both are great but I personally prefer HBK just because I like his wrestling style more and I found Shawn more entertaining.

Reactions: Crash

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Since Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler, I would say Bret as he was a he was great in the ring and was great a ring psychology. Shawn was sounds as well, but too flashy for my taste.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Ring wise, I prefer Shawn more. Bret is a true technical master, but Shawn just has an unreplicable charisma about him, and I much prefer that

As for personality, I'm also going to go with Shawn. Don't get me wrong, 90s Shawn was a cancer plain and simple, and 90s Bret was really cool, but 2019 Shawn is pretty chill while 2019 Bret is more bitter. Evolution > Devolution

Reactions: Crash

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think before he turned face, I probably preferred HBK. His IC title run was pretty good. But that might have been the entire time.

HBK could wrestle with a stuffed penguin and put on a good match. It really never mattered who his partner was, he would find a way to make it work. In my view, Bret Hart needed to face a good wrestler to put on a good match. Although Hart himself was excellent, he was not good at making his opponent look good.

I think HBK is a reprehensible human being. Even with his holier than thou born again schtick, he comes across as the same prick he has always been. I hated him when I met up and despise his personality completely.

Bret Hart is a better man than HBK from what I know, but nowhere near the caliber of performer HBK was. But if they wrestled, I would choose to root for the better man and thus Bret Hart.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am disappointed the ones who said HBK didn't mention he was with...KEVIN F'N NASH! The God of Wrestling. For shame.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'd go with Michaels. The guy did amazing work over a very long career. Hart is probably my favourite wrestler to watch back. I have more of a connection with Michaels. He's last run was amazing

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
Since Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler, I would say Bret as he was a he was great in the ring and was great a ring psychology. Shawn was sounds as well, but too flashy for my taste.

flashy is what its all about, always cheered for Brett being canadian but found my jaw dropping at everything Shawn Michaels did. a talent ahead of his time. lights out best wrestler maybe besides Sting and Undertaker on any given card.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
flashy is what its all about, always cheered for Brett being canadian but found my jaw dropping at everything Shawn Michaels did. a talent ahead of his time. lights out best wrestler maybe besides Sting and Undertaker on any given card.
I mean, I disagree. I like wrestlers who can wrestle and put on a good show in the ring instead f being super flashy and such, but if you like it than fine, I don't. I have never liked real flashy wrestlers in general because they tend to not that be entertaining in the ring, now there are some that can do both,and that is fine. Though I feel like sometimes their flashiness overshadows their skill, you know. An example would be The Young Bucks. The guys can wrestle and wrestle well, but they are very flashy and such and I don't personally care for it. Again, if you like flashy people than great, but I don't.

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
ah more of a Hulk Hogan, Hawk and Animal, Sid Vicious kind of guy... I can respect that.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
ah more of a Hulk Hogan, Hawk and Animal, Sid Vicious kind of guy... I can respect that.
Hawk and Animal, a tag team that went in and kicked ass and walked out, yes. Hulk and Sid, no. Hulk was flashy, and Sid just sucked, in my opinion.

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
Well, summing that all up in one wrestler a few names come to mind you can disagree and call them flashy or whatever if you want, Kevin Nash, Bill Goldberg, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jake Roberts and Batista. All combinations of the fundamentals you enjoy with the little bit of flash maybe he's not flashy enough maybe Mankind just enough flash. At the risky of getting off base these kind of Attitude legends would probably be your favorites to watch.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Bret and Shawn both Iconic Wrestling Legends, to me it's hard to choose.

Bret Hart was like Knight with incredible honor and Shawn was a Rebel will astounding spirit.

If I had to choose between these two I would say Shawn, because I'm slightly more appealed to his Wrestling Style especially in the 90s.

But I know one thing these men's legacy are embedded in Wrestling Forever...