Bret Hart

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
There's a lot of talk regarding a CM Punk interview where he called HBK dated, Hulk Hogan awful, and Bret Hart the best to ever do it.

What are your thoughts on Bret Hart as a wrestler, character or even as a man?

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I like him. People misunderstand his dry Canadian sense of humor as bitterness. As a wrestler, he's probably the perfect default kinda guy, his height, weight, what he can do in the ring. I wish he didn't go to WCW though, they never knew what to do with a Bret Hart as someone once said, probably Vince.

Crash

Reaction score
I really love Bret and as a Canadian I always had a lot of respect for Bret and his family. But I have to say I don't think he is the best of all time. There are other wrestlers that I think have surpassed him throughout the years. But at the time, yeah, I could say he was the best.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero are the crispest wrestlers in history imo. Both men had a different match each time, and the flow, timing, and especially execution was top grade. The difference being that Hart was extremely smooth so it seemed like his matches were planned this way and went without a hiccup. Guerrero's matches were more gritty in that they had botches and sick bumps, but he was good enough to work that into the match.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

PaulDB

Reaction score
Was: basically decent, yet a womanizer, hard working and professional.

Now: settled down, more humane, loyal to his wife, more positive, wiser. Ethically more evolved.

Reactions: Koko B.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd agree that Bret was truly the best there ever was, even if we're just going by in-ring ability, but picking somebody else is basically just splitting hairs because Bret is absolutely in that conversation.

As a wrestler he was fantastic, my personal favourite match from him probably being the Owen Hart Tribute match against at Benoit. Character-wise I don't have a ton to say, I started watching wrestling in 2006, and I typically when I watch older content, I just watch the matches. But I've seen a bit of Bret's character work thanks to documentaries and such, and he seemed pretty solid. The Canadian thing he did seemed great. Outside of stuff like that, his look was always cool, and he always carried himself in a way that made it all matter.

As a man, loads of respect. One of the wrestlers I respect the most probably. And I just love how honest he is. Also, he's got really good taste in wrestler. I remember way back when Melina was one of my favourites, the amount of vindication I felt when Bret Hart of all people said was one of the best wrestlers in the world.

Despite all the praise, he probably wouldn't rank too high in a list of my personal favourites, as unfortunately, it's just easier to connect with wrestlers that I didn't just watch in retrospect, especially since I'll just naturally seen more of them.

Reactions: PaulDB

PaulDB

Reaction score
The only thing about Bret Hart that I wish had worked out better was his first marriage. Julie appeared to have problems that he couldn't identity. I remember him saying that she would get mad at him, before and after they got married, for reasons he didn't have a clue about. Does anyone know what that was about?