Bret Hart Doesn't Give A Fuck

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Pretty well documented how vocal Bret is about how dislike of multiple things in Pro Wrestling. To calling Rollins "reckless", saying that the Natalya reenactment of the Montreal screwjob was "Pretty lame" and agreeing with the notion of many legends being a racist.

Recently, the latest target of his ire has been Triple H, whom Bret has mentioned several times that he doesn't like. After seeing that Triple H's overall in 2K was higher than his (No, for real) Hart had this to say on his podcast.

“I went to a thing last Fall when the latest 2K game was coming out. They were telling me how I’m an 85 or something like that and Triple H is a 98. I remember I was like, “Why would he be a 98?” And they go, “Well because he’s the boss and we have to suck up to the boss.” I dunno, he was laughing about it. It kind of pissed me off. I thought, “I don’t care how many titles Triple H wins. He could never lace my fucking boots up. Period.

Vince could make him 35 time World Champion and it doesn’t mean he’s 35 times better than everyone else that ever wrestled. He’s just not.”

What do you think of Bret and his feelings? As a big Bret Hart fan, I'm kind of torn, I agree with him on some things but it's really not all that hard to paint him as being bitter. He's turning into a more vindictive Lance Storm at this rate.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Bret is just being Bret: outspoken and sometimes stupid. I don't disagree that he was more skilled than triple h and arguably the best wrestler ever, but triple h is still one of the best ever as well. In terms of just wrestling, Bret has him beat, but triple would make his character and wrestling work by cheating at times and still making matches very entertaining without always "wrestling..." I like Bret but sometimes he needs to shut up.

Reactions: Gman003 and Drag

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, I doubt a developer went up to him to specifically tell him both his rating and HHH's rating in the game. He most likely asked about HHH's rating to a developer. Also, in WWE 2K16, he wasn't a 85, nor was HHH a 98.

So yes, he's pretty much Lance Storm at this point. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, idk.

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
I mean, I will say if it is stemmed from bitterness. He did lose his brother and had the stroke after the screwjob. If he were to see that as the catalyst for thos events, it'd explain a lot.

but I've read his book and he never seemed anywhere near the level of bitter he does at present.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
He's better at fake fighting than HHH? Not something to brag about.:henry2:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Seldom. Has a man been as big of a mark for himself as Bret Hart.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Only Bret can beat Bret. Hart should be over 9000 on any 2k game!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Bret doesn't give a fuck? Bret gives entirely too many fucks about every little thing

Reaction score
Bret, your gimmick is Hitman not Whiny Man. Stop whining every single time.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Pretty silly thing to get upset about.

I've always been a Bret Hart fan but I personally don't think he was better than Triple H. But even if he was, getting upset about something as inconsequential as an overall rating on a video game is silly.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker