• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

*Breaking* WWE FINALLY signs Chris Hero

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
Wrestling is not fake, it is scripted just don't watch it then.
Way to miss the point. You're calling a wrestler out for having a fake name so I was pointing out it's idiotic to say stuff like that when he's performing in a form of entertainment which is in it's self fake.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
seabs said:
Originally, the initials CM in his ring name represented the phrase "Chick Magnet", the name of the tag team he was in as a backyard wrestler.[4][12] Punk, however, later changed CM into an orphan initialism, declaring that it has no meaning,[5] though when asked since he has taken to making up meanings that fit the initials, going so far as to make up long stories to explain the origins that do not match the actual origin story at all.[5] Since beginning this practice, Punk has stated CM stands for "Cookie Monster",[159] "Cookie Master",[160] "Crooked Moonsault",[161] "Chuck Mosley",[161] "Charles Montgomery",[12] "Charles Manson",[12] "Crazy Mariachi", "Chicago Made",[162] "Championship Material" and "Cole Miner" among others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CM_Punk

Just saying. It has alot of meanings and none seem to be the true meaning.

@[JC4Life37] He looks nothing like Punk.
6a74001e68a63bb45a67fa1c57ae8b7e.jpg

Sweet, Thanks Mr. Know-it-all

I've seen pics where he looks just like CM Punk

Just Google.....errrr... never mind, don't bother.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
Sweet, Thanks Mr. Know-it-all

I've seen pics where he looks just like CM Punk

Just Google.....errrr... never mind, don't bother.

You mean his CZW run, which was about 5 years ago I presume. I don't know it all, nor do I claim to but when you make a claim which is incorrect what am I supposed to do say nothing?

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
seabs said:
You mean his CZW run, which was about 5 years ago I presume. I don't know it all, nor do I claim to but when you make a claim which is incorrect what am I supposed to do say nothing?

I don't know when it was, but he did look like Punk in the picture

.... so I can't be incorrect if he actually did bear a resemblance

And ya. I stand by it. They do look alike. Not Darren Young/John Cena but they resemble each other

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
I don't know when it was, but he did look like Punk in the picture

.... so I can't be incorrect if he actually did bear a resemblance

And ya. I stand by it. They do look alike. Not Darren Young/John Cena but they resemble each other

He had a look in 2006 which looked slightly like Punk in 2009. It's irrelevant to the current state of things. Like if I said they shouldn't have signed Punk because he had long blonde hair in 2003 which was the same as Austin had in 1995. A crude example admittedly but do you see the principal?

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
F**k me, I never said they shouldn't have signed him... the guy's way bigger than Punk

In fact, I'd be willing to bet Punk may have slicked his hair back for Seth Rollns (Tyler Black) to debut

But, yeah, I'm glad Hero is in WWE.

Making matters worse... Seth Rollins could be the love child of Punk/Edge. Plain doesn't matter though

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Good news for both Hero and WWE. He's simply great talent - he can 'rassle, he can talk, he's charismatic, has a great look. If booked correctly, he could be a major player one day.

P.S. Chris Hero vs. Rey Mysterio needs to happen.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
If Hero can launch Rey into a production truck ....'like a lawn dart'... he'll be fine

Nash resurrected his career by 'Lesnar'ing' Rey's neck like a stack of dimes into that production truck

If Nash can do that.... after 1995.... Hero will have no problems

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
Don't let it break out but I've heard rumors that CM Punk is a fake name too. Keep it quite however.

Actually CM Punk isnt a fake name. He officially changed his name to CM Punk if u follow his twitter.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He didn't lol. His name is Phil Brooks.

"WAS". As far as i know he changed his name to Punk officially, i might be wrong though, but u better google it.

Anyways, on topic, i dont see anything special in Chris Hero, just another cruserweight imo, guys who are high fliers never make it up to the top, only exception was mysterio.

Thewindyfan said:
One thing for sure is that CM Punk doesn't like being called by his regular name from other people

Yes, he insults anybody who calls him Phill at twitter, any idea why?:huh::huh: