[Breaking] PPVs Moving To The WWE Network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
The latest on the WWE Network is that WWE is planning to have all pay-per-views except WrestleMania (and possibly SummerSlam) air on the network. Fans who do not subscribe to the WWE Network will still have the option of buying individual pay-per-view events.

Source: WON/F4W

Good idea. If WWE Network is going to be a premium channel like HBO which it's rumoured to be, as it would be easier to be picked up networks as it's all income, then this is good for viewers.

Instead of $600+ /year for HD PPV's, see them on network for say, $11 a month including other stuff? That's worth it.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Depends how much the network is monthly.

I can't see it being higher than $15-$20 a month maximum.

I pay £19/month for 5 Sky Sports channels. $20 for 1 channel is steep man.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, depending on how much they charge per month it would be good for them, if it's too low I don't see how this is a good move for them.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jonathan said:
I can't see it being higher than $15-$20 a month maximum.

I pay £19/month for 5 Sky Sports channels. $20 for 1 channel is steep man.

Your parents pay*

This is WWE remember. So I can't watch RAW if I don't subscribe? Unless I stream ofc but yeah I don't see this going down well.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Your parents pay*

This is WWE remember. So I can't watch RAW if I don't subscribe? Unless I stream ofc but yeah I don't see this going down well.

I pay for TV, they pay phone & broadband.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Smart move if they can find that right price alignment. Not too high but still high enough to let them make a profit.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think it's a risky move, due to being something new (in the wrestling business, of course). But then again, Wrestlemania was also a new concept that was a lot riskier than this one and look where we are now.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they have nailed down a price yet or not, but I know I read before that WWE had done a survey asking people if they would pay between $7 and $12 each month for the WWE Network if it were available as part of a special package with other channels included. So I'm not sure if it'll be in that price range or not.

Does anyone know the latest update on when they think the network will be available?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
I'm not sure if they have nailed down a price yet or not, but I know I read before that WWE had done a survey asking people if they would pay between $7 and $12 each month for the WWE Network if it were available as part of a special package with other channels included. So I'm not sure if it'll be in that price range or not.

Does anyone know the latest update on when they think the network will be available?

Very late 2012/Early 2013

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
will wwe network be in the UK or will it stay on sky sports and box office O.O

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I just pirate all of the ones that cost anyway :dawg:

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
Me too, I never get to watch it live anyway with having work on the Monday, so I just get a hold of it the day after.

Still, if this subscription isn't expensive I'd be tempted to pay for it.