• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

http://nodq.com/ufc/255677991.shtml

The following was posted on rampage-jackson.com:

I'm done fighting..

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!

Thoughts? I'm shocked but I saw this coming... with the A-Team movie and all. Maybe you can blame Dana for this one? Who knows... I for you am very shocked and sad to see him go... hopefully he'll be back soon. Whats your guys thoughts?

Klide

I don't blame Dana I blame damn rashad fir sum reason but I can't just put a finger on it

xtremebadass

Ladies and gentlemen say hello to MMA's most hated fighter.

I don't blame Dana, he is just doing smart business moves like he always does, he always keeps the fans in mind. Rampage bailed on the UFC by taking the movie and now he is bailing again if this fight with Rashad doesn't even happen. 50% of TUF10 won't even matter now, that whole rivalry will go to pot.

MaJudiH

Reaction score
I don't think he is retiring because he is going to fight Rashad for sure. So I think he will beat Rashad than beat lyoto or Shogun become and because ufc champ.

xtremebadass

This guy is probably going to become the new Tito Ortiz. He cannot bail out on his huge fan base and the UFC in general. This guy is amazing, if he turns his back on everyone especially after signing on for the A-Team? That just won't turn out too well.

J

I honestly don't blame him one bit for being pissed off if you read this whole thing he's gotten screwed a few to many time. I'd do the same stuff but I hope he does sitll do the fight against Rashad and still gives it 100% which I have a feelin he will cuase the bad blood. It's going to suck to see him go.

Qwake

Rampage owns, he's probably the main reason as to why I am watching TUF10, I wanna see him destroy Evans, fuck Evans. I think Rampage is just using this for the time being, once his movie is finished he will be back in action imo. A big comeback fight against Evans would be huge and make the fight and event that much bigger and better so maybe this has all been planned out. I dunno.

phantomgerald

I honestly don't blame him one bit for being pissed off if you read this whole thing he's gotten screwed a few to many time. I'd do the same stuff but I hope he does sitll do the fight against Rashad and still gives it 100% which I have a feelin he will cuase the bad blood. It's going to suck to see him go.

He's going to bitch about being put in matches he didn't want? This is the UFC for fucks sake. Dana White does what's best for the company and if you fighting when you're not 100% is best, then do it. Employees all over the world do things for the bosses unwillingly and knowing that somebody else would be better suited for the role. But the boss's words are final and if you can't accept that, then fuck you for being unprofessional.

I'm really sick of all this bullshit by alot of these fighters. They don't realise the talent they have in being at the top, and that for fighters, your career is short so they should just milk it for all it's worth. If you retire at 45 for example, you still got a good 20-30 years to do whatever the hell you want. Just be a god damn mature man, do what you do best, collect your pay check and go home.

Double J

Reaction score
He's going to bitch about being put in matches he didn't want? This is the UFC for fucks sake. Dana White does what's best for the company and if you fighting when you're not 100% is best, then do it. Employees all over the world do things for the bosses unwillingly and knowing that somebody else would be better suited for the role. But the boss's words are final and if you can't accept that, then fuck you for being unprofessional.

I'm really sick of all this bullshit by alot of these fighters. They don't realise the talent they have in being at the top, and that for fighters, your career is short so they should just milk it for all it's worth. If you retire at 45 for example, you still got a good 20-30 years to do whatever the hell you want. Just be a god damn mature man, do what you do best, collect your pay check and go home.

Eh I agree with a majority of what you said, but I think Dana is an excemption to this "Do what the boss wants" thing. Dana's a prick, everyone will tell you that, hell he'll probably tell you that himself. He's been known about pushing guys just to get his way. Kinda like how it's been with this video game stuff.

I can't remember who it was now but he fired/threatened to fire a number of fighters just because they didn't want to sell their likeness to UFC to be in their game. Same goes with the threat that if anyone tries to be in EA's MMA game then they'll be terminated.

As for who I agree with, I'm on the fence. I think Dana could be a little more giving as far as just pushing the fight back a month to let Rampage do the movie since he has done alot for the UFC. At the sametime though Rampage didn't really go out very well, tell the fans to kiss his ass,ect,ect isn't really the best way to leave if he's still hoping his UFC status will help him get roles in movies.

Hell, has he even been in a movie before? Can he even act?

MikeRaw

Wow. So there goes TUF10. Sucks, too, cause all the episodes are already taped, and now they're still gonna have to air them, without any fight to show afterwards.

phantomgerald

Eh I agree with a majority of what you said, but I think Dana is an excemption to this "Do what the boss wants" thing. Dana's a prick, everyone will tell you that, hell he'll probably tell you that himself. He's been known about pushing guys just to get his way. Kinda like how it's been with this video game stuff.

I can't remember who it was now but he fired/threatened to fire a number of fighters just because they didn't want to sell their likeness to UFC to be in their game. Same goes with the threat that if anyone tries to be in EA's MMA game then they'll be terminated.

As for who I agree with, I'm on the fence. I think Dana could be a little more giving as far as just pushing the fight back a month to let Rampage do the movie since he has done alot for the UFC. At the sametime though Rampage didn't really go out very well, tell the fans to kiss his ass,ect,ect isn't really the best way to leave if he's still hoping his UFC status will help him get roles in movies.

Hell, has he even been in a movie before? Can he even act?

Yeah I think it's fairly obvious Dana's a prick and a bully at times, but he's never been personal and everything he's done is for the good of the company.

MaJudiH

Reaction score
The reason this guy is retiring is because Dana White is always acting like a complete fucker. He only cares about the top fighters like Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture and the others. He needs to put these fighters that have potential and that might carry the organziation on there hands won day. He always lets done good offers if the fighters are about to be in a good movie for the public to reconginze them for once and to start watching UFC but no he always let's them down. Out of 7 years of the making he has made one movie and its called No Surrender. It is all Dana fault. Tito Ortiz even said it in his mouth that dana is a piece of shit.

J

Lmao No Surrender was horrible lmao. I as a UFC fan laughed my ass off through it and only finished watchin to see Anderson's actin which cracked me up more. Only one with semi-acting skills seemed to be Heath Harring.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
To the fuck head who bitched about him not fighting at 100% , this isn't pushing fucking papers, he's fighting, people have died from boxing and yet he's in a sport where a single kick to the temple can kill him or permanently brain damage him, of course he should be 100% for the fight, it's only sane and helps prevent further hospital bills which I can garuantee you the UFC doesn't pay for.

Rampage is a mma legend, not a guy who has to prove himself like rashad, he can retire and if anyone has a damn problem then suck it up, he's not afraid to fight rashad if you read the damn thing it said rashad didn't want to fight him. if marky mark can go from a underwear model, to a rapper, to an actor then who knows, maybe there's hope for rampage, it's comedy he's doing, just takes a good writer to make him look good.