Breaking News: Mick Foley signs with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

^ TNA Wrestling:

-Weekly two hour television program on Spike tv in prime time that averages a 1.0 rating

-Monthly PPVs

-a videogame

-Kurt Angle, Booker T, Christian Cage, Rhino, Team 3D, and many more former WWE talent that jumped ship

Seems like a rival to me :p

Viva!

Reaction score
I say rival in the same way the Rays are rivals to the Yankees. One team is clearly better then the other (10 1/2 games better in fact) but they have a small connection to the bigger team (Spring training in St. Pete) and they think they can start calling themselves a rival.

I hope that wound up at least one person.

This Guy

I doubt Foley is replacing Don West seeing as one of the reasons Foley is upset with WWE is because of being on the broadcast team.

I would call TNA a rival, however I don't think Foley will be good for TNA in the long run seeing TNA's history of signing big name stars. I mean lets look at it. I mean who have been the major focuses for the last 2 years? Angle, Sting & Christian. Former WWE and or Legendary guys. Booker is the first big name star to come to TNA not to squash the home grown talent. (Samoa Joe) thats definatly a good sign, but take a guy like AJ Styles, who used to be the main event star, then has gone from goofy lacky of Christian & Angle and now were suposed to take him seriously as a major main event Face again? I've had a hard time buying it cause I still see the guy who wouldn't leave his bedroom while he tried to decide between Angle & Christian. And if Foley comes in, and if they actually have him compete, you know its going to be a main event spot. And with everything centering around Jarrett & Sting, is AJ really going to be a main event player? Are we really going to believe that AJ has a shot at being the World Champion again? I don't.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
Foley isnt going to do shit to help TNA...haha i just find it hilarious that TNA is most likely paying BIG bucks to some fat flannel wearing wash up.

look at all the guys that tna has brought in and notice how much TNA hasnt grown. hell if kurt fucking angle cant make the needed impact what makes any of you think that Foley will?

KF4E

Reaction score
Well good lukc to Mick Foley. I'm liking the move. Hopefully we see shades of the old Mick Foley. I wonder what face of Foley he will debut as. Hopefully it's Mankind. I've always liked him the best.

gashface

Reaction score
I don't think he could be mankind seen as that gimmick was created in WWE. He will probably have to be simply Mick Foley or Cactus Jack.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Foley needs to be an announcer, and not an active wrestler. Judging from his promo with Edge a few weeks ago, he looked terribly over weight, even by his standards. Foley replacing Don West sounds real good though.

The Rated R CMStar

So, Foley would be leaving his job as WWE announcer to become a...TNA announcer? And that makes sense how?

Foley will prob wrestle, or at least, be a manager for someone.