Breaking Down The Nexus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
WTF does everyone sweat Barret's in ring skills for? He's not all that tbh. Don't get me wrong, I love his little suave look and feel, and his mic skills are superb, but in ring he's decent. None of his matches have that short energetic feel you can find for five seconds in a Cena match, and I'm sorry that slow technical type wrestling doesn't cut it for me if your not doing it right. Benoit, and Angle did it perfect, Barret isn't a technical wrestler, so I feel he needs to pick the pace with his wrestling up, and it'll provide much more entertainment. A lot of people on here are probably just bandwagoning him imo. His finisher is whatever also, I cant picture him pulling that on Big Show, or someone bigger than him. And speaking of size, he's not built. If anything he's more tall, and lanky than built, and beastly.

Michael Tarver's the dude with the mask right? If so, I'd be scarred to catch this guy on the streets. Def. the guy who should stay heel for a long period of time. Unless he goes monster face. Anyways, honestly, in the ring I haven't seen him do much, only in the NXT jumps, and that battle royale. But, he seems to throw a lot of punches, and if he has that Elijah Burke style punching game that I'm madly in love with when I see in wrestling, he's all of a sudden my new favorite. They need to add a swerve to Tarver however, because after NXT I have a feeling they are going to head with the Monster-Crazy-Spontaneous attack guy, they can do much more with this guy. He looks like someone out of Mortal Kombat. Make him a badass.

David Otunga, is probably the guy I've obvserved the most from, only because I really think he's going to be the breakout star here in the group. In NXT, I was big on him. Due to his charisma, and solely his charisma. You don't need much in ring talent to conquer the WWE lol, so he's fine in that department. He'll learn through time, and I'm sure he'll build certain chemistry with great stars. I really really hate his personality-less-ness now. He's like.. nothing. lol. In my opinion, what they SHOULD do, is justify his bitch feeling, and make him turn on the Nexus. Play the jealousy card, and tell Barrett Nexus was supposed to be his faction, his squad. Then, in retaliation to the Nexus, he forms a stable with the Nexus Season 2 rookies. IMO, that would be a fucking great storyline, and way to start branching the Nexus off into their own lives. In ring, he looks like a mix of Randy Orton, and Cena. He's elussive and shit, but then again, his moveset is like big wrestling slams.

Skip Sheffield. I like 'em. I honestly do. I have sympathy for him because I see he's not going anywhere, but I have a strong feeling he'll be a beast in TNA. lol.

Darren Young looks like the spawn of Kofi Kingston. I swear he's an exact replica. I remember watching a match of his with I forgot who, but Punk helped him win, and it was pretty damn entertaining. This guy goes very well into the midcard scene with the likes of Kingston, Bourne, Tarver, and a few others he'd mesh well with in the ring.

Vince needs to let Slater succumb to the dark side and start taking 'roids. He's def. not going to be taken serious with his look. No matter what anyone says. The most he looks like right now is a tag team player, but not even.

Reaction score
As far as I know the Nexus doesn't pity anyone. So why show pity for NXT Season 2 rookies, hell didn't the nexus beat the shit out of some of the NXT Season 2 rookies on NXT last week?
You mean this week, when they had to beat the shit out of the NXT rookies because they were in a BATTLE ROYAL?

Plus the overall goal for the rookies to get contracts, but Nexus already has them, plus it was already stated that they formed a bond before NXT Season 1 started. See the connection here? Why would th Nexus waste more time and energy on NXT Season 2 rookies after what I have just said. They don't pity, they formed a bond with eachother, and they beat the shit out of the season 2 rookies.
Oh man, like they couldn't of formed a bond beforehand with the Season 2 rookies before the season 2 started. The rookies have already went after the pros. See the connection here?

-TJ-

Reaction score
Honestly I believe you are a blueberry. Nexus wasn't (kayfabe) supposed to be involve in the battle royal. They chosed to be. Also standing outside of the ring, they didn't have to gang bang the guys who got eliminated. Or did your very, very, very smart self not see that? If the bond was formed than wouldn't Nexus and NXT Season 2 all gang on the pros. See the logic there? Or are you going to come up with another failed attempt to argue back?

Ever think NXT Season 2 rookies did that because of what originally happened to them one the beginning of Season 2, and just like that annoying Watson said, he and the rookies wanted to seize the moment.

Reaction score
Fucking kids.

Honestly I believe you are a blueberry. Nexus wasn't (kayfabe) supposed to be involve in the battle royal. They chosed to be.
Did you see any of them beating any of the rookies before the Battle Royal THIS WEEK? No? You said the Nexus doesn't pity anyone. Jericho was talking to Barrett and they did nothing to him.

Also standing outside of the ring, they didn't have to gang bang the guys who got eliminated. Or did your very, very, very smart self not see that?
I saw that, yes I did. They did that just to emphasize their dominance in the match, which they eventually won idiot.

If the bond was formed than wouldn't Nexus and NXT Season 2 all gang on the pros. See the logic there? Or are you going to come up with another failed attempt to argue back?
You act like they couldn't swerve at the end of the season and the rookies align with the Nexus and they beat down their pros. Stuff like that happens in wrestling. Please learn something in high school.

-TJ-

Reaction score
They didn't beat up the rookies before the battle royal because they never encountered them. Barrett has respect for Jericho, afterall Jericho was Barrett's pro. They did that to further exploit their dominance yes, but still you incompetent fool, it doesn't make a difference. I don't act like it wouldn't happen, but one it would be illogical, and two that is all you think. You're to hard headed to think about any other way. Talk about me learning something in High school, it's obvious to me that you didn't.

Reaction score
They didn't beat up the rookies before the battle royal because they never encountered them.
Actually they did, they could of attacked them when they were going down to the ring for their matches. They were sitting there the whole show. Sigh...
Barrett has respect for Jericho, afterall Jericho was Barrett's pro
What about when some of the pros and superstars went to the ring like Regal to attack the Nexus on Raw. Sheffield didn't have a problem beating him down. Sigh...

They did that to further exploit their dominance yes, but still you incompetent fool, it doesn't make a difference.
It does make a difference you fucking blueberry, another victim to fall for the Nexus. If they could take down someone as big as Mark Henry then yeah its still a feat accomplished.

I don't act like it wouldn't happen, but one it would be illogical, and two that is all you think. You're to hard headed to think about any other way
It would be illogical, boy THE NEXUS WERE ON NXT AND A NEW BATCH OF ROOKIES ARE ON NXT!!! How is that illogical? The beat down of rookies could of been a test for all we know Im too hard headed? You're the one who tends to insult me whenever I type something that you don't agree with or I try to debate it. Please.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Look at the picture here. The 6 nexus members attack the rookie and the pro, thus having the pros attack the Nexus back. 7 vs. 6... See the picture here? You would also expect the Season 2 rookies to come out to help too. 14 vs. 6... See the picture here?

Honeslty the more you show your incompentence to this forum, the more I look like the second smartest man here (Behind Enzo >.>) Sheffield and Regal didn't like eachother. Dumbass.

It doesn't make a difference. No matter what the motive was, they still attacked the Season 2 rookies when they were eliminated. Dumbshit. Wouldn't you be pissed if some guy beat the shit out of you, because he wanted to show everyone he was strong and dominant?

Like it was already stated, the Nexus isn't a pro rookie movement, there is no need for the new guys to join. Being a test is dumb. What is the test? See who can take the most pain? Seriously? I insult you because you respond and debate with probably some of the most illogical answers. Pointing it out is me helping. Like I said before, you told me to go learn something in high school, but it's obvious to me that you didn't.

Reaction score
Look at the picture here. The 6 nexus members attack the rookie and the pro, thus having the pros attack the Nexus back. 7 vs. 6... See the picture here? You would also expect the Season 2 rookies to come out to help too. 14 vs. 6... See the picture here?
read this again then shoot yourself

You act like they couldn't swerve AT THE END of the season and the rookies align with the Nexus and they beat down their pros

Honeslty the more you show your incompentence to this forum, the more I look like the second smartest man here (Behind Enzo >.>) Sheffield and Regal didn't like eachother. Dumbass.
I guess you didn't watch towards the end of NXT when they DID like each other, dumbass.

It doesn't make a difference. No matter what the motive was, they still attacked the Season 2 rookies when they were eliminated. Dumbshit. Wouldn't you be pissed if some guy beat the shit out of you, because he wanted to show everyone he was strong and dominant?
No, I would be pissed if they attacked me WITHOUT A MOTIVE. THIER MOTIVE AGAIN WAS DOMINANCE AND I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. Why would they get pissed anyway? It's not like they could do anything about it.

Like it was already stated, the Nexus isn't a pro rookie movement, there is no need for the new guys to join. Being a test is dumb. What is the test? See who can take the most pain? Seriously? I insult you because you respond and debate with probably some of the most illogical answers. Pointing it out is me helping. Like I said before, you told me to go learn something in high school, but it's obvious to me that you didn't.
The Nexus is a pact. They entrusted in themselves that no matter what happens, they would all get contracts. Again that's the same thing here. Im done arguing with you. I'm losing IQ points responding to you.

-TJ-

Reaction score
How should I read this again and shoot myself? If the rookies have unity like you said, they would come help out the fellow rookie who is getting beaten up, along with the pros helping the pros. Which would mean attacking Nexus. 14 vs. 6... >.<

Hey, dumbshit, Sheffield wasn't there at the end of NXT. Oh sure he was there at the last show, but he did nothing. Dumbass. On the last show, Regal basically called him a blueberry. Obviously you didn't watch it towards the end.

So you are seriously saying that if someone beat the shit out of you, because he ONLY wanted to show people that he was strong and dominant, that you wouldn't be pissed? Why would they care you ask? Because they got the shit kicked out of them, so what if they couldn't do anything about it. A self respecting man doesn't take shit laying down.

Like I said before, why would the Nexus waste their time on the Season 2 rookies? Because they are in the same situation as them? Let them do it on their own. Losing IQ points to me, can you IQ be any lower than 0? I doubt it, so you aren't losing IQ points responding. Hopefully you being done would mean you won't respond to this, because like I said, the more you point out your incompetence, the more I look like the second smartest poster here.

CMS

Reaction score
McFly is an idiot. This discussion is a no brainer. Nexus is together because before THEIR season started they promised they would do everything so that the SEVEN OF THEM WOULD GET CONTRACTS, then just go through the motions during the competition. And I am not even using in this conclusion the thing you seem to lack, commen sense. Oh no, I am just quoting the goddamn promo Wade Barret cut at the beginning of the angle.

1) Why would Nexus attack the rookies at the very beginning? They aren't idiots. They aren't just beating people because so, and if they would had attack any rookie before the Battle Royal and the Percy Watson swerve, the pros would have interfered and the shit would have been 14 on 6.

2) Wade Barret has said from the very beginning, even from before the NXT angle, that Chris Jericho was a perfect pro. All the other rookies blamed their pros from sabotaging them in the competition. It makes sense for them to beat everybody but Jericho.

3) Like I explained in the beginning of the post, the Nexus have no reason to take in the Season 2 rookies. Incrediblly stretching reality, they could take them saying they identify with them and that they felt sorry for them, but it has been pretty emphatized that NEXUS DOESN'T WANT TO MAKE FRIENDS. Michael Cole said it over and over again in the Battle Royal just last NXT show.

TJ, I say you should just stop trying. You know you're fighting a lost war when the other side of the so called argument starts throwing the age factor as a reason of why automatically he's right, even if what he says makes no sense whatsoever.

And to you McFly, if you want to watch wrestling and talk your wrestling under the logic of "hey, it's wrestling, even if it sounds like the most absurd, incoherent, going against all the kayfabe flow of the angle thing, it can happen, go ahead", and hey, in fact you might be right. Hell, under that logic, I could make a post explaining you in detail how Doink the Clown and Repo Man are the masterminds of this NXT invasion. After all, it's wrestling. Anything can happen

soulreaper545

Reaction score
Gabriel could be a good cruiserweight but he has to stop being so hesitant on the 450 it just makes him look bad when the rest of nexus hits there moves to set him up and he takes forever to hit the 450.

as for the rest of nexus they need to start developing individual characters or just drop them and let the new NXT guys get some publicity.

CMS

Reaction score
I actually like the fact that they have kept them as a unit. WWE has really focused on the fact that they are strong as a group. As of right now, I like it. Don't know what they will do when they split them up, but since I know the guys I like (Otunga and Barret) all will be saved (Otunga would just go back to being obnoxious guy from Hollywood and Barret is a championship to happen) I don't really mind. WWE is sure as hell thinking of how NXT will regain their heat as I think they are going down at Summerslam.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^IDK, while I'm starting to think the E is going to OBVIOUSLY slip and give us Bret Hart as the leader of Nexus, something is telling me to expect a huge swerve (Edge turning, or maybe even Cena himself >_>!!!). I don't necessarily expect them to lose. If anything, they get the group down to Bret, Edge, and Cena, with maybe 5 or 6 of Nexus left, and then have Cena start going through them, then have one of either Bret or Edge turning to take Cena out.

Or maybe none of these guys are the leader, and we get to see Nexus win "clean" over the "superteam". All I know is, I hope we see the strongest Sheffield Lariat of all on R-Truth.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
If Bret does end up being the leader of Nexus, which I actually mentioned in another thread, not really expecting it to actually happen, but like I said in that thread (I think it was a 'rumored' Cena turn thread) it would be the swerve to end all swerves. I wouldn't be suprised if he was the leader of the Nexus as a way to "get back" at Vince and the WWE, not really the most logical way to bring a Nexus leader and honestly I don't think that Nexus really needs an outside leader, Barrett I feel is really playing the leader role quite nicely.