Bray Wyatt has passed away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AON

Sup.
Reaction score
I've had a love-hate relationship with Bray. To be perfectly candid if you asked me what I thought about Bray in 2020, I'd probably tell you he's the worst thing going in wrestling, and to be honest? I don't back down from that, I judged Bray harshly, particularly whenever he had a feud with Randy Orton. There's a reason for that.

Bray Wyatt was clearly a creative genius.

We view wrestling typically through the lens of sport, which to be fair is how we're supposed to consume wrestling, but I think Brey was the first person to be like "What if wrestling can be something more" and viewed it through the lens of a horror movie or a stephan king novel. He thought about wrestling differently. He made characters, created wild out there concepts. Truly one of the more unique voices our industry will ever see.

That's what made me so mad, because I knew fucking around with haunted tractors and jobbing clean to Ryback was fucking Beneth Bray Wyatt

That speech he gave last year after he returned was one of the most heartwarming things I've ever seen because you could hear the pain in his voice and see it in his eyes from everything he had experienced. I was so happy for him as both a human and a performer to see him back to what he loved the most with full crowd support. I am sure that moment was very important to him, and I was glad to share it with him and the rest of the world.

As an artist, It's a shame the 'next Undertaker' didn't got enough time to evolve like the phenom did. Regardless, the Funhouse match with Cena is wrestling's greatest piece of abstract art, and possibly the most self-reflective (for Cena at least) performance by a huge star in any art form.

In a world where every niche has been overexposed and self-referenced into meaninglessness, it's beautiful that Bray made something, for US, that nobody will ever be able to take away from him. It's all any artist could ask for.

I am so mad and sad at the same time that we were robbed of another decade+ of his creative mind and I'd give anything to be able to see one more run. My heart ACHES for his wife, his kids, and his family. I don't know how anyone will be able to fill that creative void he left behind, and I honestly don't know if I will ever see anyone like him again. I don't think Bray came close to what he was capable of, he should have been our version of the undertaker, but what I do hope for is that, like van Gogh, his legacy as an actor will only grow after he's gone

May Time always be on your side. May the buzzards that once flew in the sky heralding your arrival now rest their weary wings, and the fireflies whose hearts you once touched break out in love.

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Damn… this one opened up the water works again.

That one hurts.
I hope Alexa, Braun and Rowan can show up on Smackdown or next week for a little tribute, Bray had a big influence on their careers.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler