Braun Strowman is not ready

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Who is the superman, now? Brock probably.
No one. That's the problem really, Brock is too cool to get the required hatred plus he barely shows up. They need someone to rocket to the moon, I'd support Rollins but I don't feel he'd have enough hate amongst the older crowd to be that launchpad for other guys.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
No one. That's the problem really, Brock is too cool to get the required hatred plus he barely shows up. They need someone to rocket to the moon, I'd support Rollins but I don't feel he'd have enough hate amongst the older crowd to be that launchpad for other guys.
They have Drew. But he lacks character and there is nothing unlikeable about him.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I fell for the Strowman meme early on, but he plateaued hard. I don't see him as a top guy, and with his physical presence, it's almost impressive how little he matters. God that promo was awful.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The idea of Strowman was a quiet, brutal and strong motherfucker who was nearly impossible to hurt. We didn't need him talking about his hands, we didn't need him playing an upright bass as if it was a guitar and we didn't need him pulling Kevin Owens along in a port o potty.

I definitely think Strowman was ready at one point. He was just used incorrectly. His momentum was completely misused and now they are in a lurch as to how to use him.

They missed their spot with him.

Crash

Reaction score
Well he is no longer facing Brock at Royal Rumble 2019, so I guess "he wasn't ready" is right.

IMO the right moment has passed long ago, when everyone was marking out for him and he had a mega push, he should have won the title at that moment.

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Braun should not be doing promos he is not that type of character anyway, he should just beat the shit out of people....
The only way Braun could have a successful promo is if he has a mouthpiece, and sadly, WWE isnt't raging with managers who can speak. He needs to be a silent monster, even if its an old wrestling trope.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think the point is that money is made and seats are taken. Braun Strowman is a big man, who could look impressive in the ring. His mic skills are besides the point. How often have wrestlers with wanting verbal talent been pushed? I can count a few. Bret Hart, by his own admission, is one of them and they crowned him champion three times, so the ability to talk isn't a priority for the big wigs of WWE.

Tarantula152

Jobber
Reaction score
Braun has done this before and Vince has saved him backstage by panning the camera around or doing different things with the workers, but Vince left him to fight for himself on this particular night! Exposed is an understatement.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Braun is more ready than Bryan and Rollins ever will be.

WWE are wasting their time investing in Rollins. He's average.

Tarantula152

Jobber
Reaction score
At least Rollins can remember his lines instead of staring awkwardly at the camera twitching his mouth to the words that he’s trying to remember to say

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
At least Rollins can remember his lines instead of staring awkwardly at the camera twitching his mouth to the words that he’s trying to remember to say
Rollins is dreadful on the mic. He has zero charisma and little physical presence. He's a mid-card talent.