Braun Stroman, Aleister Black, more released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It is kind of funny how that happens but at the same time I don't think Braun needs any sympathy because he's a big enough name he's going to find a way to keep on making money whether it's through wrestling or powerlifting or whatever other opportunities come his way.

Guarantee every single promotion with money is going to approach Braun. No idea why people say he wouldn't fit in AEW either, he'd easily be the biggest guy there, and with Henry/Big Show as potential mentors and trainers, to me, its the obvious landing spot regardless of his in ring style. The guy is very popular and moves merch, he's going to make any promotion make a lot of money.

Reactions: Stellar and Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Not to mention, if we are to believe what he was getting paid by WWE, nobody outside AEW can afford him unless he's willing to take a big cut.

Ace

Reaction score
Ruby isn't a star in the making lol. But she would certainly be a solid addition to AEW for name value and being a solid hand.
Murphy will 100% go to AEW, both he and Kenny have expressed admiration and it just makes the most sense. Tommy End almost certainly will choose AEW too.
Lana probably steps away from wrestling for a while.

Braun probably goes to AEW because they pay the most, or alternatively gets a gig or two in hollywood as a bodyguard or something lol.
Also people need to check themselves when they say Braun isn't a good enough worker, for AEW, he's extremely athletic and solid for a guy his size. He's not pulling out 5* matches but that would never be the point of him, he'd be used like a monster Gaijin would in Japan and he would be amazing at it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ruby isn't a star in the making lol. But she would certainly be a solid addition to AEW for name value and being a solid hand.
Murphy will 100% go to AEW, both he and Kenny have expressed admiration and it just makes the most sense. Tommy End almost certainly will choose AEW too.
Lana probably steps away from wrestling for a while.

Braun probably goes to AEW because they pay the most, or alternatively gets a gig or two in hollywood as a bodyguard or something lol.
Also people need to check themselves when they say Braun isn't a good enough worker, for AEW, he's extremely athletic and solid for a guy his size. He's not pulling out 5* matches but that would never be the point of him, he'd be used like a monster Gaijin would in Japan and he would be amazing at it.

as far as NJPW go I'd be just legitimately concerned for him taking certain spots as from my POV NJPW is fucking stiff as shit and Braun has not liked that in the past. I do think he could be molded into a good worker though, I think he has the tools, I just wouldnt START with japan, as that would be fucking harsh.

I agree with you on AEW though, he would be a special attraction and they can always use more of that. Shaq did say he wanted to wrestle again, Braun would be a sick opponent (fantasy booking). I also thing compared to their other big guys, hes a much better natural likable face. As much as I like Lance and Bryan Cage, they dont scream good faces to me. Braun has the cache and the kids love him. He would be perfect imo.

Ruby isn't a start in the making, she's a finished product for sure. Id rate her a lot more for her veteran presence and in ring savvy, shed make a great addition to AEW roster, and would likely be instant champion or contender in Impact. Either would be great fits for her.

Murphy I can see doign a stint in NJPW or impact to get even hotter before signing, not sure aew has room for more mid carders (unless they see him as more ofc) . That being said, I expect AEW to do some cuts soon, so he'd certainly still be an upgrade to most of their roster, especially in ring wise, dude is a beast

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I love how everyone is AEW bound according to fans.

Tony Khan should sign Strowman and Tommy End. The rest won’t move the needle for you.

And I’m saying that as someone that likes Buddy Murphy

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
literally most ppl are saying not aew for murphy, so that's not even true.

Also, as a more serious counter-point, it's not always just moving the needle, backstage precense and veterans are always useful (hence why I personally would also sign Heidi Lovelace)

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I also think it might not be the last we have seen from Strowman in a WWE ring. If his body can (and he wants to) go for another 5 years or so, I can see him coming back for a second run after a year or two.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah. I’m on record of wanting Murphy in the X-Division.

Sure I want him vs Omega. But that can happen in Impact, or can still happen in AEW, but with Murphy as an Impact guy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I also think it might not be the last we have seen from Strowman in a WWE ring. If his body can (and he wants to) go for another 5 years or so, I can see him coming back for a second run after a year or two.

I'm seeing a lot of this online too, but at the very least, you were smart and put a realistic timeline on it. That I could see in a few years sure. The people who are saying he will just immediately sign a cheaper deal though, I don't buy that for a minute. You'd have to really be a bootlicker with no sense of self worth to do that

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah the more I think about it, I'd Braun doesn't go to AEW he might just be done with the business. Find some other gig like in Hollywood or some shit lol he seems like he's more of a follow the money guy (not really a negative either, he just wants to get paid and retire early kinda the vibes I always got)

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah the more I think about it, I'd Braun doesn't go to AEW he might just be done with the business. Find some other gig like in Hollywood or some shit lol he seems like he's more of a follow the money guy (not really a negative either, he just wants to get paid and retire early kinda the vibes I always got)

I could see him doing pg or g movies for example, as I said, the kids do really seem to like the guy.

Reactions: Chris

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Last night, WWE's John Laurinatis texted the entirety of the company's Smackdown and Raw roster, informing them of the reason behind yesterday's talent releases.

The text read as follows:

Due to Budget cuts the following talent were released today. Braun Strowman, Lana, Buddy Murphy, Santana Garrett, Ruby Riott, and Aleister Black. - John Laurinaitis

John making everyone feel toasty.

Reactions: Chris

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

For anyone who wants to support Aleister Black.