Bragging Rights 2010 discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MC Rae

Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear. I think the nails already been hit on the head about this PPV, an extended Monday Night RAW with added helping 'WTF?'.

What frustrated me the most is how hot the crowd were for the first match, "This is awesome" chants rang throughout the building but every match that followed was a seriously strong injection of mood killer. Well done to Ziggler and Danielson for putting on the only decent match on the card.

Taker/Kane was a laughable effort, the only entertainment I got was the (unitentionally) hilarious part where Nexus members all ran up the hill of dirt to attack 'Taker.... and then comically went tumbling down.

Oh, and watching Paul Bearer waddle around after Taker and Kane always brings a smile to my face, he blows up faster than Big Show during his ECW title reign.

The WWE title match was a confusing, over-booked mess and I could now care less about the fallout on RAW.

2/5 (at a push).

Reaction score
For everyone who had disparaging remarks regarding Daniel Bryan before his rise: eat my asshole. Eat it raw. Eat it good. That man just gave Dolph Ziggler the two best matches in Dolph's boring career.

Supernova

Reaction score
I thought overall this ppv was poor - Ziggler v Bryan was by far the best match and i think everyone would agree that the nexus taker thing was absolutely ridiculous - however the guy does need surgery and probably didnt have alot of time to plan anything else - even so it was still shocking to watch

straight_edge76

Reaction score
For everyone who had disparaging remarks regarding Daniel Bryan before his rise: eat my asshole. Eat it raw. Eat it good. That man just gave Dolph Ziggler the two best matches in Dolph's boring career.

I will admit I was wrong. I didn't think he was going to be this over this fast. I still stand by my overrated comments because all I had been hearing about from the time I joined this forum (this was my 1st wrestling forum) was how great he was and he was built up to be like some messiah.... Which he isn't. He is good, no question but some of the praises he gets sound really outrageous to someone who hasn't seen extensive amounts of his indy work.

I felt that he was rushed as US champion, but he is carrying the belt well and is really making the belt feel important again. Which no matter how much I love the Miz I feel he never carried the belt as a championship and more a means to brag.

Axis

Reaction score
I didn't enjoy Ziggler/Bryan from Bragging Rights as much as others seemed to have. However, it is worth noting that Daniel Bryan has had a MOTN the last three PPVs.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I didn't enjoy Ziggler/Bryan from Bragging Rights as much as others seemed to have.

Where in your opinion did it fall short? ...I thought it was ace!

Saw the finish of the Orton/Barret match coming a mile off and the rest of the show was very poor.

Axis

Reaction score
I don't know, I just thought it sort of happened, though it was good for what it was. It was a very back-and-forth match with not much of a story to it. A big part of it to me was how bad the crowd was. It is hard for me to get into matches that the live crowd does not get into. I would say it was slightly above average, but I preferred Bryan/Miz and Bryan/Miz/Morrison.

Airfixx

Reaction score
The crowd? ....That was the most responsive I can recall seeing/hearing a crowd be for a non-MEvent in a damn long time. They seemed 'all over' it to me.

You see the rematch on Raw?

Largely spoiled by the finish IMO.

Axis

Reaction score
Nah I didn't catch their rematch. I read that there was a dirty finish though, and they compared it to the dirty finish at Bragging Rights. But, uh, Bragging Rights ended clean. I do wonder if maybe they botched that finish somehow and maybe Dolph's leg was supposed to be under the ropes or something.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I think you must be right about it being botched... Doesn't make sense otherwise.