Boxing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Wilder vs Tyson is gonna be big. Wilder just gonna win tho

You got your info wrong. Tyson isn't fighting anymore. Mike Tyson retired in 2005 after losing to Kevin McBride.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Adonis Stevenson remains in critical condition after his eleventh round TKO loss to Oleksandr Gvozdyk in yesterday's fight. Stevenson was such a monster in the light heavyweight division for nearly six years that I'm at a loss for words when I found out this tragic news.

Teddy Atlas made a triumphant return as a trainer in Gvozdyk's corner, masterminding the game-plan to upset the champ Stevenson. I don't think many sportswriters were predicting Oleksandr to win last night's fight.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Boxing events are way better in the UK

Redboy123@

Reaction score
How so? I always thought American Boxing dominated the scene. What does British Boxing offer that American doesn't?
American boxing used to be massive. Now most Americans don't even know who Wilder is. Meanwhile in the UK its only Gorton bigger. Tyson, Joshua, White...all selling out big venues. There is a lot more interest in the UK

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
A little late to the party here.. but other than someone saying wilder/fury would be big but wilder would win.... I didnt see anything else. That was a helluva fight!
Watched it live and all, and how the mexican scored it 115-111 for wilder I'll never ever understand that. Theres no way in hell wilder beat him. The judge that scored it 113-113 sure. I could see that if I'm being lenient. It was a good scrap and he may have done enough in a couple other rounds that evened the score especially with the 2 knockdowns. I personally scored 115-111 Fury. Other than those 2 rounds and one in the middle of the fight, fury outclassed wilder everywhere. He made wilder miss him more than I think most people could imagine. Their % at the end of the fight was insane! Its not because fury hit wilder more either. He just made him miss more.

And then that last round. Goddddd damn! That has to be one of the craziest things in boxing. Fury looked to be knocked out. Unconscious for a couple seconds and somehow mustered up the heart to get back to his feet and even sting wilder near the end. It was a thing of beauty and I'm so glad I was able to see it.

I'm ok with the draw....but not ok with how we got that draw. That was criminal. If it was scored an even draw by 2 judges then sure that's fine but 115-111 for wilder is a joke.

Redboy123@

Reaction score

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I used to box with my cat. I quickly stopped doing it though, as I learned that cats have a very limited ability to protect their heads. For those of you who don't know, felines can only reach up to cover their faces in a similar way that boxers cover the sides of their heads from hook punches and they can stop punches from the front with both paws, but they can't shield their stomachs or their sides from any blows whatsoever. So, I had to give up my matches with my cats before too long. It was naturally inevitable that I could beat him for the reasons given. It wasn't a fair fight.

Boxing with cats isn't recommended or fair.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I'm watching last month's Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz fight on ESPN. ESPN advertised as featuring the fight but it's not on Direct, it's on ESPN+ subscription service. ESPN only featured the prelims and not the fight itself. I recorded it thinking I was going to see Fury vs. Schwarz but I have to pay extra for ESPN+ to watch the main event. Even the undercard bout Jesse Hart vs. Sullivan Barrera will not be televised on ESPN as I have to fork over extra dough to watch it on ESPN+ I'm pissed!

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'm watching last month's Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz fight on ESPN on DVR. ESPN advertised as featuring the fight but it's not on Direct TV, it's on ESPN+ subscription service. ESPN only featured the prelims and not the fight itself. I recorded it thinking I was going to see Fury vs. Schwarz but I have to pay extra for ESPN+ to watch the main event. Even the undercard bout Jesse Hart vs. Sullivan Barrera will not be televised on ESPN; I have to fork over extra dough to watch it on ESPN+ I'm pissed!
Why the fuck would you pay to see fury vs Schwarz? That fight was terrible.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell? Why do I have a notification for this?

Untitled.png

I'm pretty sure Geese & I are different people...
and I don't even watch boxing.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I'm watching the George Foreman vs. Alex Stewart fight. Brutal, as Foreman's eyes are swelling up badly in the sixth round. Referee Richard Steele has a reputation for stopping fights early but he didn't bother to stop this fight when Big George was in trouble.

Last edited: