Bound For Glory Series Standings/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
c1a9717610a0cf44d9b2e436d1721ef9_L.jpg

So as to eliminate all confusion with the BFG series, as the numbers sometimes get lost due to people not checking the updates, I've decided to start this here thread. The following is the press release for this year's BFG which includes the participants and the points system.

Twelve IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars battle in grueling series of matches with the ultimate prize on the line - a World Championship Match in the main event at October’s “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View spectacular, our biggest event of the year! The wrestler with the most points at the end of the Bound For Glory Series wins and advances to the Bound For Glory main event!

The 12 Competitors
Samoa Joe, Bully Ray, Mr. Anderson, Robbie E, Magnus, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, D'Angelo Dinero, Jeff Hardy, Christopher Daniels and "Cowboy" James Storm

How to Get Points
Points are determined by wins and losses – how you win is equally as important!
Submission Victory – 10 points
Pinfall Victory – 7 points
Countout Victory – 5 points
Disqualification Victory – 3 points
Draw (Time Limit/Double Countout/Double Disqualification) – Two points
Disqualification Loss – you LOSE 10 points

The Type of Matches
Each wrestler will battle each other ONCE in the series! These matches will take place over IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV and on TNA’s live event tours across the country, with the point structure outlined above.

Standings and How to Win!
The standings will be updated on ImpactWrestling.com. The standings will be “locked” on the September 6 edition of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV. The top point leaders advance to No Surrender PPV (9/9) for a one-night playoff to see who gets the Bound For Glory World Title Match!
So now that we've got that out of the way, let's also place the current point totals here....

1. James Storm (73) {Matches Finished}
2. Samoa Joe (68) {Matches Finished}
3. Bully Ray (62) {Matches Finished}
4. Jeff Hardy (59) {Matches Finished}
------------------------------
5. Rob Van Dam (55) {Matches Finished}
6. AJ Styles (50) {Matches Finished}
7. Kurt Angle (48) {Matches Finished}
8. Mr. Anderson (47) {Matches Finished}
9. Christopher Daniels (33) {Matches Finished}
10. Magnus (28) {Matches Finished}
11. Robbie E (12) {Matches Finished}
12. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero (7) {OUT OF SERIES DUE TO INJURY}

These standings will be updated as the results of the house shows and Impact matches are posted on Impact's website. That should make it nice and easy to follow since we all know TNA isn't always the best at doing that for us on their television show. So, with all that out of the way, what do you guys most want to see out of the BFG Series? I think at this point its a foregone conclusion who's winning it, but who will the other finalists be? Do you think we'll get to see some feuds created out of this thing? And why the hell isn't Kazarian in it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Robbie E is in but Devon isn't. The Pope is in but Devon isn't. And where the hell is Kazarian?

They should have made it a 14 man series. Maybe 15 man if you want to include Austin Aries

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I suppose Devon is busy with the TV title, and as Hogan said with Aries, he can't be competing in both divisions. Although then you have to ask how AJ and Angle are allowed to be in. Lack of tag division, therefore they need something to do?

Kaz should be in considering the lack of clear heels in the series. I got Robbie, Bully & Daniels, with possible tweeners in Pope, Magnus & Joe. I'm more disappointed in the lack of Crimson & Gunner though. How Crimson can go undefeated for so long and still not get anywhere near the title is beyond me, and this tournament MADE Gunner last year so it's a shame to see him on the sidelines and out of the picture. Hopefully TNA can keep him relevant.

Castiel

Reaction score
Why isn't Gunner in this? Maybe this is more for the TNA General Discussion thread but whatever happened to the Gunner push?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Robbie E shouldn't be anywhere near this series. And neither should the pope. I love how he leaves for months then boom he's in the title picture. His final match was a loss so that's even more reason not to put him in. And yeah it makes so much sense not to put the man who was undefeated for 18 months in the series. Kaz is part of the feud with Daniels and AJ (and I guess Kurt). This could lead to a few matches between the two. Who cares if Devon has the TV title. He can still compete for the world title. And Aries is arguably the best wrestler in TNA right now. They should have waited until next week when Aries gives up the title to insert him. He deserves it more than Robbie or The Pope. I honestly don't understand TNA's booking of the series

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Robbie E is such filler. There are many contenders more worthy of this spot. The only person I'd like to see in this series even less than him is Mark Haskins. I'm a Robbie E fan and all, but even I know when TNA are just bullshitting. I'd put Kaz in, but you've got Angle/AJ and Magnus/Joe in there already so Kaz/Daniels might be too much. I'd put Hernandez in there ideally, so that he can put Mexican America behind him. Not to mention that despiute being less safe, he's a more entertaining wrestler than Robbie E.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I laughed so hard when at Slammiversary christy Hemme announced Hernandez as one half of Mexican America.

Castiel

Reaction score
Kazarian, Gunner, Hernandez, all would be much better than Robbie E. It's obvious he's going to go the Samoa Joe route but in a more hilarious manner. I disagree with Viper on Pope though, this is a perfect way for him to come back and get out of the funk he was in before leaving!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Kazarian, Gunner, Hernandez, all would be much better than Robbie E. It's obvious he's going to go the Samoa Joe route but in a more hilarious manner. I disagree with Viper on Pope though, this is a perfect way for him to come back and get out of the funk he was in before leaving!

Yeah because somebody who leaves for three months deserves to be in the title picture

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Yeah because somebody who leaves for three months deserves to be in the title picture

Motherfucker you're acting like he's gonna win or something. He's not gonna win and is definitely a better fit for the series than someone like Crimson.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Kaz should be in as well.

Castiel

Reaction score

If you're a former number one contender for the world title I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like it's Tony Nese leaving and coming back in the title picture. This isn't even the title picture either, he's not even close to the world title yet!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Not only does he have to be in the top two of the series, but he then also has to wrestle whoever was the other top guy to get the shot. He's a solid 15 matches away from a title shot.

On a side note, I think TNA might do a little cop out on us and have Storm draw with someone so that we can have a triple threat at BFG. Just a thought, though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well it's kind of obvious that Storm will win so...