• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Some times you need predictability to make sense and sometimes you need unpredictability to shake stuff up. This is one of the times where they should have went with predictability. They had it perfectly set up to make Roode a main eventer and put him over on what was great build.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i knew Roode was not going to win, ever since i read hogan say Roode was not ready yet

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
i bet on Angle in the vbookies :lmao
So you're the guy who put 8 credits on him :lol:

I didn't put much stock into Hogan's comments in effecting the result of the match but guess maybe I should considering the result. Can't wait for Impact when Angle tries to put over Roode during a promo and they think that is good enough.

Kairi

Reaction score
^ lol nice

even though the whole build up of the tournament seems useless to me now

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
As we discussed on the TNA Bound for Glory Post-Game show last night in the PWInsider Elite section, the original plan for the PPV was for Bobby Roode to defeat Kurt Angle for the TNA championship to close the PPV. The story going around was that yesterday afternoon, Hulk Hogan lobbied to have the finish change, feeling that Roode wasn't ready for a run with the title. So, the finish was changed.

Between that and the AJ Styles stuff in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time members of the roster. The resentment was especially at a high because Hogan was ripping on Styles on Twitter when everyone knew Styles had missed the TNA Fan Interaction event due to a death in the family.

One running joke I heard after the PPV, which to a person, everyone agreed wasn't a strong show, was whether roster talents could "request a transfer" to Jeff Jarrett's new India project.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/62...or-glory-ppv-and-who-was-responsible.html?p=1

i knew the hulk thing was the reason

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Then if Hogan thought all that then why have Roode even win the damn thing. They always mess up the perfect timing to put the belt on a guy.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Perfect timing? He may be in the prime of his career but he pretty much stumbled into winning the Bound For Glory series. I'm still think he should have won, though.

Also, Kendrick/Aries was awesome. It was everything an ROH match isn't for the good reasons.