Bound For Glory coming from.....Japan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
tnabfg14.jpg

Today, just hours before TNA's massive IMPACT tapings begin in New York City, TNA President Dixie Carter and legendary Japanese icon the Great Muta held a press conference at the Manhattan Center to announce that, for the first time, the annual Bound For Glory pay-per-view will take place in Tokyo, Japan at Korakeun Hall!

This year will mark the 10th Anniversary of the annual Bound For Glory event and will certainly be the biggest and most exciting year yet!

Additionally, it was revealed today that Team 3D will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in Tokyo as well! The most decorated Tag Team in history, Team 3D have done many tours of Japan and held the country's most prestigious tag team gold! Bound For Glory will be held on October 12, 2014 and more details will be available soon!

411mania

Well, this is certainly interesting. I always thought TNA would be the first to do a major PPV outside of America, didn't think Japan would be the destination though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well this could either be really good or really bad. Does japan even know TNA exists? :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I think this is a very good idea and it may work very well, a bold choice.

Not sure how it works but won't this mean people like Jeff Hardy with drug convictions won't be able to go? If so it means having one of your biggest stars out of your biggest PPV.

The Viper

Reaction score
Apparently, it's taking place on the same day as a NJPW show....in the same building. Jesus, if Nakamura or Okada showed up at BFG (fantasy booking), I'd shit out of my dick.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Well this could either be really good or really bad. Does japan even know TNA exists? :lol:
Japan has a huge wrestling audience which is what TNA needs for the show.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Japan has a huge wrestling audience which is what TNA needs for the show.
Yeah but it doesn't mean much if none of them go because they give zero fucks about TNA. That being said, Korakuen only holds about 1,800 to 2,000 people, so perhaps they'll be able to sell it out or at least paper it so the place doesn't look empty.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah but it doesn't mean much if none of them go because they give zero fucks about TNA. That being said, Korakuen only holds about 1,800 to 2,000 people, so perhaps they'll be able to sell it out or at least paper it so the place doesn't look empty.

You remember what happened at BFG last year

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I imagine that they do know about TNA, there's probably a lot of fans that would go even without knowing much about TNA.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

They've got that relationship with Muta's company at the moment and they used to have a thing going with New Japan (appearing at the Tokyo Dome show, the IWGP Tag straps being defended in TNA, Okada's now infamous run in TNA) so I'd like to think the Japanese are at the very least AWARE of TNA.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think it's kind of cool, and didn't the One Night Only show sell good? I think it will be packed and a huge deal