• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bound for Glory 2023 - SATURDAY, October 21 - Live from Chicago - Only on PPV

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
...and I just saw the ratings he gave to the other matches, definitely an Ospreay boost. Sabin/KENTA sub-3 stars? Really? :pogba

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Meltzer rated Speedball/Ospreay 5.25 stars... it's the end of an era, Styles/Daniels/Joe is no longer the highest rated TNA match
I try not to take issue with how people rate matches because everyone’s opinion is subjective opinion, but my only problem with his is now the new ceiling on the ratings. If he was always willing to go up to six there’s a chance that he might’ve rated that original triple threat higher so it’s kind of hard to compare the two matches.

That being said pretty awesome to see TNA get a five or higher rating for melts anyway so it’s awesome.

Kross Rhodes

It’s honestly hilarious how many companies have the word impact in their title. There is a New Zealand company called impact pro wrestling. WWN owns a Florida company called full impact pro wrestling. I believe there’s also a high impact wrestling and an impact championship wrestling and I’m sure there’s some others, so yeah impact wrestling was such a weird name choice.

Kross Rhodes

They should’ve at the very least did what most of those other companies did and put a third or fourth word in the title, though, so you could actually still have an acronym.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Buyrate for BFG was about 6K, depressingly. Typical, people talk up the company when a gif comes on their twitter feeds but don't actually watch

Kross Rhodes

TNA definitely has a visibility issue. It could be worse, though. I heard NWA Samhain did something around 212 or something insane like that.

I personally believe AEW is the outlier that can make seriously good money on PPV in 2023. which is why smaller companies are agreeing to be on Fite Plus.

Even ROH has gone to HonorClub subscriptions. It might be time to think about incorporating all events into Impact Plus. If you can raise monthly subscribers by even 20,000 because of that, and you’d have to treat each Plus special as a PPV, that would be way more beneficial than 6K buys 4 times.