Booking WWE 1993-present if the Runner-Up of the Royal Rumble had won

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jarf

Reaction score
I’m not sure where I keep getting these ideas that are just going to put stress on me, but this also seemed like a fun idea to do as well as a challenge. But the title says it all. I’m going to attempt to book the WWE from 1993 to the present if the runner-up of every Royal Rumble Match had won that year instead and gotten the title shot at WrestleMania instead. And the challenge is that I have keep it in the same timeline. No resetting to the existing timeline when the new year starts, it has to be consistent. So I hope you’re buckled in because this is gonna be a ride.

So obviously, we start at the Royal Rumble in ‘93, where Yokozuna eliminated Randy Savage to win the rumble match, but in this timeline, it’s going to be Macho Man who eliminates Yoko and he’ll be going to WrestleMania, which he should’ve won that year anyway.

So at WrestleMania, we have Bret Hart defending the WWF Championship against Randy Savage in the main event, and wow that sounds so much better than what they did in real life. Bret retains the title against Savage after a classic match and Savage shakes Bret’s hand and raises his hand. And Savage is going to be a sort of passer of the torch throughout most of the year.

After Bret beats Savage at WrestleMania, we head to King of the Ring which Savage is going to be competing in the tournament and make it to the finals, where he loses to the man he eliminated to win the Rumble, Yokozuna, who is granted a Title Match at SummerSlam for this victory. Meanwhile in the main event of this same show… is Bret Hart vs Hulk Hogan for the WWF Title. And yeah, I know that Hogan left the company to avoid taking the pin to Bret. But fuck it and fuck him, this is my fantasy booking. Bret Hart defeats another legend of the previous era to retain the WWF Championship, and he heads to SummerSlam against Yokozuna.

Meanwhile lower on the card, you have Randy Savage going for the title he hasn’t held in 6 years, the Intercontinental Title, against Shawn Michaels which sounds like an amazing match for SummerSlam. Shawn retains the title with help from his bodyguard, Diesel, and Yokozuna defeats Bret Hart to win the WWF Championship.

Yokozuna beats Bret Hart in a rematch on Raw, with help from Shawn Michaels. So Bret, naturally wanting revenge forms a team consisting of Savage, Razor Ramon & his brother Owen, while Shawn gets his team of Diesel, Mr. Perfect & Bam Bam Bigelow. Owen is the only man on Bret’s team to be eliminated, planting the seed for their feud in 1994. Meanwhile in the main event, you have Yokozuna defending the title against The Undertaker in a Casket Match, and Yokozuna retains, but not with the help of every heel on the roster. On an episode of Raw in December, you have Shawn Michaels drop the Intercontinental Title to Razor Ramon, because he’s got a bigger prize on the horizon.

If you liked this, I’ll be back with my booking of 1994, where the Royal Rumble will be won by Shawn Michaels.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Can't wait to get the anti-Roman Reigns backlash a year early

EDIT for the full list so people know what to expect

• 1994 won by Shawn Michaels
  • 1995 won by British Bulldog
  • 1996 won by Diesel
  • 1997 won by Bret Hart
  • 1998 won by Rock
  • 1999 won by Steve Austin
  • 2000 won by Big Show
  • 2001 won by Kane
  • 2002 won by Kurt Angle
  • 2003 won by Undertaker
  • 2004 won by Big Show
  • 2005 won by John Cena
  • 2006 won by Randy Orton
  • 2007 won by Shawn Michaels
  • 2008 won by Triple H
  • 2009 won by Triple H
  • 2010 won by John Cena
  • 2011 won by Santino Marella (cannot wait to see how the hell you pull this one off)
  • 2012 won by Chris Jericho
  • 2013 won by Ryback
  • 2014 won by Roman Reigns
  • 2015 won by Rusev
  • 2016 won by Dean Ambrose
  • 2017 won by Roman Reigns
  • 2018M won by Roman Reigns
  • 2018W won by Nikki Bella
  • GRR won by Big Cass
  • 2019M won by Braun Strowman
  • 2019W won by Charlotte Flair
  • 2020M won by Roman Reigns
  • 2020W won by Shayna Baszler
  • 2021M won by Randy Orton
  • 2021W won by Rhea Ripley
  • 2022M won by Drew McIntyre
  • 2022W won by Charlotte Flair
  • 2023M won by GUNTHER
  • 2023W won by Liv Morgan

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rosie and Dubble J

Jarf

Reaction score

• 1996 won by Diesel
  • 1997 won by Bret Hart
  • 1998 won by Rock
  • 2000 won by Big Show
  • 2001 won by Kane
  • 2002 won by Kurt Angle
  • 2003 won by Undertaker
  • 2004 won by Big Show
  • 2005 won by John Cena
  • 2008 won by Triple H
  • 2009 won by Triple H
  • 2010 won by John Cena
  • 2011 won by Santino Marella (cannot wait to see how the hell you pull this one off)
  • 2013 won by Ryback
  • 2015 won by Rusev
  • GRR won by Big Cass
  • 2020W won by Shayna Baszler
  • 2021M won by Randy Orton
  • 2021W won by Rhea Ripley
  • 2022M won by Drew McIntyre
  • 2022W won by Charlotte Flair
  • 2023M won by GUNTHER
  • 2023W won by Liv Morgan
In this timeline, Roman is a 4 time winner, I'm sure that wouldn't have pissed anyone off

Reactions: Chris

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
The GUNTHER and Rusev wins excite me. Ryback… not so much

Jarf

Reaction score

I wasn't sure how to do this, considering Bret Hart and Lex Luger were co-winners this year. So I guess it would've made sense to go with the third man, Shawn Michaels.

Now the problem here, is that we don't get the epic Ladder Match at WrestleMania with Razor Ramon. I think that match really changed both guys careers, but I'm gonna try to make this work.

At the Royal Rumble, Yokozuna drops the WWF Title to Lex Luger, while Shawn eliminates Bret Hart to win the Royal Rumble.

So we have Shawn vs Luger at WrestleMania, and hopefully Shawn could carry him to a great match. Opening the show is Bret taking on his brother, Owen. You may be asking what's Razor Ramon doing if he's not fighting Shawn. He's still going to be in a Ladder Match, but his opponent will be the man who pinned him in what is still considered the biggest upset in WWE history, the 1-2-3 Kid.

So I'd change nothing about Bret and Owen, don't fuck with perfection. Razor retains the IC Title against The Kid and avenges his loss on Raw nearly a year ago. And Luger defeats Shawn Michaels to retain his title. Because I don't think Shawn was quite ready for that spot yet. Like I said, that Ladder Match really changed everything for him.

So now we head to King of the Ring, and in the main event, we're going to have Bret Hart defeating a now heel, Lex Luger to win back the WWF Title. Meanwhile Owen Hart is still going to win King of the Ring.

That leads us to SummerSlam where Bret and Owen are going to have that amazing Cage Match, where Bret is barely going to retain. Then we head to Survivor Series, where in the main event, one team is led be Bret and the other by Owen. Owen actually eliminates Bret close to the end of the match, leaving him the British Bulldog. And Bulldog defeats Owen to win the match for Team Bret.

That is going to be important as we head into 1995.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

• 1996 won by Diesel
  • 1997 won by Bret Hart
  • 1998 won by Rock
  • 2000 won by Big Show
  • 2001 won by Kane
  • 2002 won by Kurt Angle
  • 2003 won by Undertaker
  • 2004 won by Big Show
  • 2005 won by John Cena
  • 2008 won by Triple H
  • 2009 won by Triple H
  • 2010 won by John Cena
  • 2013 won by Ryback
  • 2015 won by Rusev
  • GRR won by Big Cass