Bobby Heenan Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this, even though many of us have it in our status. But at 73 three years old, the greatest manager of all time, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan has passed away.

I'll say more about him later. I'm a little choked up right now. He was the best and a part of my childhood and life.

WWE Hall of Famer Bobby “The Brain” Heenan passes away

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Just saw some old WCW yesterday and he was on that episode. So I looked him up and read about how bad his health was, then thought: he's not going to live much longer. Next day I got this news

Reactions: Crash

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Just an innovator of the art of being a manager and a commentator. Gave a lot to the industry and my condolences go to Heenan Family, real family and stable.

Crash

Reaction score
He was simply the best commentator/manager, loved he's Heenan Stable in the WWF. As some one mentioned in the Royal Rumble 92 he was at his peak. He was also very good in the WCW, he even tho he was being held down by Tony Schiavone, that guy was a prick, he almost didn't let Heenan do his farewell speech to Gorilla Monsoon when he died on WCW tv. Anyone else see that speech? He was disgusting on the part of Schiavone, you can hear Heenan crying. They are both now commentating wrestling matches in Heaven... Rest in Peace Bobby Heenan you will be missed.:emoji_disappointed:

DJ-AwDfXoAANglv.jpg:large

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
He was simply the best commentator/manager, loved he's Heenan Stable in the WWF. As some one mentioned in the Royal Rumble 92 he was at his peak. He was also very good in the WCW, he even tho he was being held down by Tony Schiavone, that guy was a prick, he almost didn't let Heenan do his farewell speech to Gorilla Monsoon when he died on WCW tv. Anyone else see that speech? He was disgusting on the part of Schiavone, you can hear Heenan crying. They are both now commentating wrestling matches in Heaven... Rest in Peace Bobby Heenan you will be missed.:emoji_disappointed:

DJ-AwDfXoAANglv.jpg:large

WCW's reasoning behind almost not letting Bobby do that was that Gorilla Monsoon had never worked for WCW before. I found this reasoning disgusting and stupid. Regardless of whether Monsoon worked for WCW or not, both were wrestling companies. They are members of the same industry. Many of the people who worked for WCW had worked for the WWF and had worked with Gorilla Monsoon. Those two reasons alone are more than enough for them to not only allow the mention by the announcers but to have had acknowledgment by Schiavone (who had worked with Monsoon as well) and Heenan, but to include a RIP moment at the beginning.

I was never a big Schiavone fan, but completely hated that scum sucking dickwad afterward.

I agree, Heenan and Monsoon are calling matches in Heavan now.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Such sad news.....No doubt one of the all time greats in so many ways and absolutely the best commentator there ever was, especially when alongside Monsoon.

RIP Bobby :(

Reactions: Crash