Black People Feeling Left Out Of The Oscars... What?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's controversy (not really) time again:

Only White Actors Were Nominated For Oscars And People Are Understandably Pissed

This morning, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced their Oscar nominations.

The Revenant and Mad Max: Fury Road lead the way with most of the noms — The Revenant with 12 and Mad Max with 10.

While we're super excited that Leonardo DiCaprio might finally win his Oscar, the mood is dampened knowing for the second year in a row, the Academy has failed to nominate any black actors for the 20 slots available in the acting category.

(Would have also posted the tweets that several people made in response to this, but I'm still clueless as to how you copy and paste a tweet. But you can always click on the link I provided if you want to read them.)

The irony of those pulling out the race card with this is that if the roles were reversed and you had a bunch of people asking, "Where the white people at?", those folks would be the ones that were considered 'racist.' I didn't watch many films from last year, so I don't know whether or not there's any strong performances from black actors/actresses that are being ignored, but there's no cosmic rule in the universe that says the top selected nominees have to be racially diverse.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Black people need to get the fuck over it they're already better at Music and Sports.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Black actors get good roles, lead roles in major films, compare that to Asian and Latino actors on US films. Race card nonsense at its finest.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The Oscars are a big Hollywood circle jerk. Hollywood is filled with evil scum. At the end of the day it really doesn't mean anything. If you want to get roweled up about a good ol boys club having a negative impact on society lets tackle American politics not the fucking movie industry. Oh no, Will Smith didn't get nominated for his shitty accent in Concussion! I hope the sun still rises tomorrow!

Maybe the Academy is punishing Will Smith for trying to push his little hermaphroditic offspring on us all?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Will and Jada are as ignorant as their fucking kids. He did an accent in his movie so he deserves an Oscar, fuck out of here. He made his millions, so what if he doesn't even get a chance to win a statue.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Lel, I guess performance and quality are not important anymore, everyone should get a trophy because feelings. Look, I'll try to say this as carefully as I can, but many blacks have a major problem due to the way they're raised, always playing the victim card and blaming white devils for everything. Their sense of entitlement is off the charts. Meanwhile the millions of black people are still slaves in Africa, mostly owned by Muslims.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Rich people crying over attention is something I don't pay attention to.

Reactions: Bort

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The sad thing is that you're practically guarantee to see blacks getting nominated for an award next year regardless of whether any of them are deserving or not. Wouldn't be surprised to even see one of them win for best actor/actress either, just to completely quell the butt-hurt.

Not that I should care, I haven't paid any real attention to the Oscars since the year Scorsese and The Departed won, but this sort of thing grinds my gears. Same shit with $$$$ Mayweather trying to claim that the reason he gets hate for doing the same things Conor and Rousey get praised for (cockiness, trash talk, etc.) is due to racial prejudice. Imagine that - a guy who made nearly a billion dollars (if not more) in a sport where the overwhelming majority of its biggest stars are black crying about racism.