Bischoff talks about TNA not reaching WWE's level

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
*Spoiler*

Christy Hemme is scheduled to wrestle the Big Fat Oily Guy (the TNA parody of WWE's Big Dick Johnson) in her TNA debut match on tonight's Against All Odds PPV in Orlando.

That's Vince Russo for ya!

from www.wrestlingattitude.com

v1-power

Reaction score
all i got to say about this is OMG......

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
it's funny a couple weeks/months ago there was a writer on tnawrestling.com that just went off on wwe about having a fat guy in a thong be part of there shows but now look what there doing.

Soulpower

I've said before...Russo is an idiot who knows nothing about booking a wrestling show. Its stuff like this why TNA has little chance of ever competing with the WWE.

Mugen

Reaction score
What will this accomplish? A few giggles by Vince Russo? Bleh.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Lol this isnt really that bad of an idea i mean come on do any of you really want to see Christy wrestle??Were already getting Jackie and Gail Kim in a tag match,id rather see christy dance in a bikini then wrestle anyone.

This Guy

Actually yes I would rather see Christy wrestle an actual match then against TNA's Big Dick Johnson rip off. My only thought is, if its true, I want to see those two *******s who call WWE fans nothing but sheep, (Bill & Doug is it?) try to defend that as "a quality match over the crap the WWE gives us."

koberulz

Reaction score
If it furthers the "prejudice against women" angle, and actually leads somewhere, it might be alright.

The idea, that is, not the match.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Eric Bischoff appeared on www.mondaynightmayhem.com. Highlights included:

The changes he believes that himself & Hulk Hogan, both individually & collectively, implemented effectively in TNA since coming into the company one year ago: "If you look at TNA as a brand & as a media property, I think that Hulk Hogan in particular, and to a lesser extent myself, probably brought more media awareness & industry awareness to the brand than anything they had done up to that point. I think the residual effect of that brand awareness is still playing itself out and is something that TNA is taking advantage of, and it will probably continue to do so."

Why Spike TV decided to cancel TNA Reaction, his reaction to the news, & when he found out about the decision: "No it won't unfortunately. We found out toward the second-to-last day of the TV tapings we had, and Spike had decided to make a different programming decision and go in a different direction. The Reaction you see on the 30th will be the last Reaction."

His reaction to Jim Ross' recent comments (on his BBQ Sauce Blog) regarding TNA being able to compete with the WWE in 2011 & that TNA will "never" overtake the WWE in the marketplace: "I agree 100%. WWE has been around for a long, long time. They've been well-entrenched & well-established in cable television for the last 20 years. It's a television juggernaut. TNA comparatively is a Kool-Aid stand compared to Coca-Cola in terms of its resources & infrastructure. The idea of TNA ever being able to compete with the WWE, although I've been out there, and I've been promoting it as such: I believe in a lot of ways we do compete. There are a lot of things about TNA that are better than the WWE on an individual basis. But you can't compare TNA as a company to WWE as a company. In that regard, Jim Ross is absolutely 100% right on the money. Doesn't mean we don't want to try. Doesn't mean we don't wanna swing for the fences whenever we're given the opportunity. Doesn't mean that we don't want to do things that put ourselves out in front of the WWE audience, just like we did with the Monday night effort. That was something that got people to sample us. It created awareness, and that's important for us. I don't think anybody within TNA realistically felt we were going to compete on a business level with the WWE."
Well at least Eric isn't totally delusional.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
They'd stand a remote chance if they could book a fuckin' show, far superior talent on their hands.

Kairi

Reaction score
i also feel they have better talent just suck at booking, and or capturing the audience's attention, but glad to see eric isn't just being completely oblivious to it too.

Nitemare

Reaction score
The booking IS lackluster, but the worst part is their writing. They are on the right path, but the way things are scripted and the shitty delivery in vignettes and promos is one of the biggest reasons they can't move the needle.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Because its wrestling and live which limits the creativity to any storyline anyway, the feuds and storylines should be simple to follow. Simple and make sense like JR said. You know the heel interfering in matches, it never really tires because it is a behaviour and not a stolen plot. Like Judas Messiah coming through the ring was ridiculous and stolen.

But TNA still feel the need to try and think of complicated ones and because it isn't thought about long term but on the spur of the moment, when you look back you find it makes no sense. Not only that but as I've said before, due to limitations in what they can do, because they aren't a TV show per say but a sports entertainment show, that limits them. So the storylines always suck and just because its complicated doesn't make it good, stupid swerves and pointless heel turns are just a mindfuck and a "wtf?" rather than a clever twist.