Billy Kidman vs Hogan aka the hilarious WCW moments thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
That's cool of him, nice guy.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Arquette was awesome, and i always loved Ready to Rumble.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
To be fair even Arquette was against the idea as well. And he made it clear that all the money he was supposed to be paid for it instead was going to go to Owen Hart and Brian Pillman's widows #GoodGuyDavid
that's pretty cool, I had never heard that.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
that's pretty cool, I had never heard that.
Arquette hated the idea of winning the belt. Since he's a legit fan of wrestling and knew the fans would kill him. But Bischoff and Russo got this "glorious" idea of cross promoting ready to rumble and this was what they ended up with.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Even though Russo and Bischoff had the final say on it, you have to blame Tony Schiavone a little too, because he's the one who came up with the idea in the first place.

To be honest, I can almost see the lure in putting the world title on a celebrity to garner publicity (not that I necessarily agree with it, but it's not like it isn't something the WWF hasn't come close to doing themselves) but like Scott Steiner said once in a shoot interview, "It's not like they were putting it on Arnold Schwarzenegger." I wonder if it would have been a little more well-received if it was on someone who was more of an A-lister (and what a terrible movie Ready To Rumble was IMO.)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Putting the belt on a celebrity could work, if its a celeb that in kayfabe would make sense and look like he belonged. Like Arnold. Arquette looked and came off like a fluke.Tyson in the WWE looked like he belonged during that brief run, so it should be doable.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Tyson was actually who I was thinking of. It's well known that if Shawn Michaels had been too hurt to compete at Wrestlemania 14 against Austin, then the fed may have very well tried to book Austin/Tyson in the main event instead. Imagine the media promotion of "The Toughest S.O.B In The WWF" versus "The Baddest Man On The Planet"... the publicity their confrontation on Raw got in the news was huge enough, so there's no doubt that the buyrate for that Mania would have been even more astronomical than it already was. It would have been the perfect angle for putting a championship on a celebrity, too. Austin even said on his 2012 DVD that if the match had happened, he believes it would have been so huge that the buyrate would still be unbeaten to this day.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Tony: "THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORRRRLD... KISS!!"

When was that Tony? 1972?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The hottest band in the world in 2007? I figured it'd be some even shittier band like The Killers.
Isnt that the year Slash did some bs and Kiss went back on tour? IDK, I honestly dont care about it, the joke failed.
dd56fe6daf97f4a2a4a3c6d98cb7396f.gif

You doing a LD for some WCW anytime soon?

Reactions: Action Jackson

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I think this was actually the worst rated Nitro segment ever lol. I heard they lip sang it as well.
I think I heard similar shit. I only knew of it until yesterday, I hadn't actually seen it before.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Isnt that the year Slash did some bs and Kiss went back on tour? IDK, I honestly dont care about it, the joke failed.
dd56fe6daf97f4a2a4a3c6d98cb7396f.gif

You doing a LD for some WCW anytime soon?

Haha yeah I'll do one sometime soon. Thanks for the reminder, I had fun doing that shit before.

56676f5fd0510fc23d94d7e5857a30ad.gif

Reactions: Aids Johnson