Billy Corgan comments on the "heat" generated by Tyrus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
tyrus.jpg

In an interview on the Under the Ring podcast, Billy Corgan addressed the fan criticism Tyrus has received as NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Corgan told Under the Ring that he's very happy with the work Tyrus has done for the NWA as a wrestler. Corgan said he feels most of the heat around Tyrus, who works as a contributor for Fox News, is "political." Corgan said he doesn't feel Tyrus has ever crossed the line to where what he's said has been detrimental to the NWA.

Let's separate the wrestling and the personal, which isn't always easy to do. On the wrestling side, I’ve been very, very happy and very satisfied. I think he’s done everything I’ve asked him to do and he’s been great to work with. As far as Tyrus as a public person, I knew Tyrus when he was working at TNA and basically standing with his arms crossed behind Matt Hardy and holding one of the babies, right? I saw when he first started working for Fox -- and we’ve stayed in touch through all these years, we have our own relationship. Like myself, when you’re a public person, you say things that not everybody agrees with. But look, he’s on one of the biggest networks in the world, he knows what he’s doing, and so for better or for worse, he writes his own checks that way.
As far as I’m concerned, he has never crossed the line to the point where it’s been detrimental to the NWA. Now, I know not everyone agrees with that opinion, but I think people have this kind of weird sliding scale because there’s lots of blame to go around when you look at the professional wrestling landscape of where people look the other way at different things. Most of the heat around Tyrus is political. And as a person who’s been through some of those things myself, I tend not to pay a lot of attention to that stuff. Not because it’s not important, but because I think a lot of that stuff -- there’s a lot of energy behind it which has other agendas. And it’s not really down to the individual as much as it’s like a culture war type of thing. So, as far as I’m concerned, we’re a professional wrestling company and we’re here to wrestle.

Tyrus became NWA World Heavyweight Champion when he defeated Trevor Murdoch and Matt Cardona in a three-way match at NWA Hard Times 3 last November. The next title defense for Tyrus will be against Chris Adonis at the NWA's 312 pay-per-view this Friday night. Corgan told Under the Ring that he loves the story of whether the Master Lock can beat a giant like Tyrus.

Corgan also spoke about the "old school heat" Tyrus receives:

Can I say one other thing? What people don’t understand is I grew up in a time where wrestling heat was different. This world we live in, it’s like fake heat or a five-star matchup, five-star matches. To me, Tyrus brings that old school heat that an Ernie Ladd brought or an Andre the Giant brought. There’s not a lot of guys who can, at that size, bring that level of heat. And so, look, it’s professional wrestling. Come and boo, come and hate him, come and wish the next guy, in this case, Chris Adonis is gonna take him out. That’s what wrestling is for. When we try to overly kind of bring life into wrestling, I think that’s always an uncomfortable thing. Because you and I could spend an hour talking about where somebody did this and then people look the other way and they still have a job, At some point, like I said, as far as I’m concerned, he’s been a model employee for the NWA and I don’t have anything else to say about it other than he’s been great to work with.

NWA 312 is taking place at Studio One in Highland Park, Illinois on Friday. The NWA Women's World Championship match at the show will see Kamille defend her title against La Rosa Negra.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
"Old School Heat"

No mother fucker, that's "Go Away Heat", he's a miserable human being and most people despise him as a person than a character lmfao.

Corbin really is a mark :DEAD:

Reactions: Rosie

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Think NWA would book La Rosa Negra v Tessa Blanchard if she won?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
And yeah, the fact that Tyrus is legitimately the worst wrestler in all aspects on TV today is political

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL the only people who talk about him are Fox News hate watchers.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t want to see Tyrus, but if Corbin thinks this heat is drawing him money, he knows the books better than I do.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don’t want to see Tyrus, but if Corbin thinks this heat is drawing him money, he knows the books better than I do.

They lost their Fite subscription deal and he's been very vocal about how much money he loses on NWA to put over how much he loves the business by keeping it going :slip:

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa and Cwalker

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They lost their Fite subscription deal and he's been very vocal about how much money he loses on NWA to put over how much he loves the business by keeping it going :slip:
was that because of Tyrus?

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Let's separate the wrestling and the personal
Let's not, fuckface.

Not if your guy, especially in the position that he's in on your Roster, spews so much shit into the actual world outside the Ring.

Reactions: Alexa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
was that because of Tyrus?

Fite deal started January 2022, ended January 2023 rather abruptly. Turus won the belt like August 2022.

But Tyrus does have a hot selling wrestle buddy I've heard, probably more mobile than the man himself and its inanimate

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Let's not, fuckface.

Not if your guy, especially in the position that he's in on your Roster, spews so much shit into the actual world outside the Ring.

I can separate wrestling from personal, have been for awhile (gimme heat if needed)

He's the worst wrestler I've seen get a top spot in a company in at least 30 years, dude literally can barely walk

Reactions: Death By Looch

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Interestingly Negra and Tessa have made amends and the NWA Facebook shared it. We’ll see.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The Facebook post won’t embed lol

C6F742DD-E744-40CC-97CC-73BB51A491CC.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Interestingly Negra and Tessa have made amends and the NWA Facebook shared it. We’ll see.

I'd be pretty shocked if Tessa doesn't show up at the next PPV. I'm just not sure if they actually hot shot Rosa with the title after how dominant Kamille has been to milk that irl angle, it's be weird since Rosa just joined the company but would explain why they all of a sudden started pushing her. Maybe Tessa makes a save afterwards and stares down Kamille?