Biggest Misuse of Talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nick

Reaction score
Over the years, the WWE has really dropped the ball on certain talents. Some notable ones have been having Dolph Ziggler job or not even get TV time for years, Zack Ryder jobbing after getting over, using Kaientai in that Evil thing, and lets not forget how many people got buried by HHH. However, I'm asking you guys, what do you think has been WWE's biggest misuse of talent?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The Kofi Kingston push comes to mind from back in 2009. You can argue he wasn't ready but the fans really took to it.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Roddy Pipper I find it unbelievable that he never won a world title in WWE. That pretty much explains it.​
Also the entire Divas Division.​

EDIT: Rick Rude also should be on this list. Midcarder for life.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Anyone from the 80's/Early 90's *Cough* Hulk Hogan *Cough*, Cody Rhodes, Roddy Piper, Drew McIntyre, Curtis Axel when he was in Nexus.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Vader sounds about right (thanks Shawn). Piper could've been better utilized as well.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I disagree with the Piper talk. He was the ying to Hogan's yang in the 80s, the top heel throughout the decade. You can't just point to 'never won the title' because tons of great guys didn't back then. There was a difference in how titles were booked then and now. Now anyone with an ounce of talent and popularity is given a world title run. Back then it didn't work like that.

Piper headlined the original Wrestlemania. He was put into the most popular program for Wrestlemania 2 w/ Mr. T. Piper's Pit was one of the most popular segments in the WWF in the 80s/early 90s. It has spawned cheap knock off after cheap knock off, most recently with Miz TV.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Roddy Pipper I find it unbelievable that he never won a world title in WWE. That pretty much explains it.​
Also the entire Divas Division.​

EDIT: Rick Rude also should be on this list. Midcarder for life.
He never won the title because he kept taking breaks then left for WCW

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I also agree with Piper not being misused. Without him drawing nuclear heat at the foundation of Hulkamania and the expansion of WWF, things are nowhere near as heated as they were. The Hogan/Piper feud carried over from The War To Settle The Score, which was aired on MTV (big deal back then) and you had several musicians on that show giving their take on the actions of Piper and how they looked forward to Hogan giving him his comeuppance. This, of course, all lead into the original Wrestlemania. Winning a world title wouldn't have made his career somehow better, as heels rarely kept the title back then anyway. Going all the way back to the first ever WWWF world champion with "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, heels only kept the championship for maybe a month or two and were seen as simply the champ who transitioned the belt from baby face to baby face. The only exception was Billy Graham in the late 70's. It wouldn't be until Yokozuna in 1993-94 that a heel would keep the strap for several months again.

As for most underused, I'd have to go with Vader as well. Whether it be Shawn Michaels' politics or Vader's injury or a combination of the two, the angle with Psycho Sid winning the title at Survivor Series 1996 and then losing it back to HBK in his hometown at Royal Rumble 1997 was supposed to go to Vader. It was to have carried over from their '96 Summerslam main event and it's the reason the December In Your House that year was called "It's Time", which was Vader's catchphrase.

This could have given Vader a huge main event rub with this, so much so that when the time came for the Austin/Vince story line in '98, Vader could have been one of the opponents Vince used to try and take the belt from Austin. I loved heel Dude Love as well but I imagine an Austin/Vader feud could have been just as good.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I'll take the modern road here and say Drew Mcintyre is pretty misused. I always enjoyed him. That's about all I can think about for now.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'll take the modern road here and say Drew Mcintyre is pretty misused. I always enjoyed him. That's about all I can think about for now.

McIntyre is so painfully average in every way possible, I just can't see the appeal.

Reactions: mh0707 and Swift

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
McIntyre is so painfully average in every way possible, I just can't see the appeal.

Yea but he's still better than Mahal and Slater. I think he should at least ride on the mid-card instead of jobbing with those two each week.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yea but he's still better than Mahal and Slater. I think he should at least ride on the mid-card instead of jobbing with those two each week.

Slater has more potential IMO. Saying he is better than Mahal is nothing. Mahal is the drizzling shits.