Big Show officially retires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Big Show said he planned on retiring in February of 2018 last year. He wasn't pulling our leg. He's done. From the article:

“No last matches, no fanfare, just ride off into the sunset and disappear," he told Sportingnews.com

“That’s more my style. I’ll find something else to do that is inspiring - and let these new kids take the business and the reigns and let them build the future.

“I wish them all luck. Everything changes. We’ve got a great group of talent that deserves the spotlight.”

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I love his humility and wanting to let them take the reigns, but why not have one more match? Let him fight Braun one more time and let Braun put him out for good. It could be a career ending match and big show could have a heart felt goodbye. Would be nice.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I love his humility and wanting to let them take the reigns, but why not have one more match? Let him fight Braun one more time and let Braun put him out for good. It could be a career ending match and big show could have a heart felt goodbye. Would be nice.
He wants other guys to have the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised if he also didn't trust WWE to book his final storyline well.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I wouldn't take this as a serious retirement. His full time contract expired but he'll probably stick around for a few appearances. I'm not saying that would be soon but whether it's gonna be as a surprise one off or for a feud WWE would like him to be involved in, I don't see him keeping this retirement as locked down as someone like HBK did. And especially with him not having to step away because of health issues, it makes the whole thing a bit more flexible.

Anyways, not a tragic loss in my book. I respect everything he's done for the business but I was personally never really into Big Show all that much. Glad he made a great living tho, always nice to see someone make it out of this business well and wealthy

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He wants other guys to have the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised if he also didn't trust WWE to book his final storyline well.
I know he doe, but he’s not stealing anything by going out on his back against Braun. He’s only helping. I think it’s mainly WWE will fuck it up.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
He had a good final match I liked it. Traditional as well and he looked great in the ring, reminded me of him when he used to do dropkicks etc in WCW. Until recently I saw more of him in WCW.

Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil