Big E as WWE champion. Where is this going?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I am yet to be convinced by Big E as WWE champion. The man looks and acts silly, which for me is an up hill battle if you wanting to be a Big main event star.

I think he has a huge challenge on his hands, especially taking the belt off of Bobby Lashey, who is built to be a wwe champion. Lashley presented himself as a huge star even if he was booked poorly. Big E on the other hand has yet to show me that he can be on the level of a Roman or a Rollins.

Having said that, Big E is a very good wrestler who is at his best when partnered with other hard hitting Big brutes (see his matches with Sheamus). So I am sure that he will have a fantastic match with Lashley at Extreme Rules.

I am willing to overlook his goofy gimmick and give him a chance. But I doubt his reign will be any better then if they just stuck with Lashey. It does seem premature to end Lashleys reign when he has been on such a roll recently. But I think that's just because they wanna do Goldberg vs Lashley without the title at crown jewel and a Bloodline vs New Day feud for survivor series.

This is how I think it will go:

At Extreme Rules Big E will defeat Lashey sorta clean. Interference from New Day and the reuniting Hurt Business will create confusion leading to a Goldberg return where he faces down Lashley leading to Big E taking advantage.

This will then set up Goldberg vs Lashley at Crown Jewel. Elsewhere on the show, Big E is free to defend his title against a heel. Sheamus? Styles? Corbin? Apollo? Take your pick. This will give Big E much needed momentum.

They will more then likely do Raw vs Smackdown again this year, which is convenient as a New Day vs Bloodline is a feud that the fans want to see. You can either do a singles match between Big E vs Roman, where the wwe champion can have a solid losing effort. Or you can do a a 6 man tag to avoid a world champion getting pinned. New Day can even get the win which would be huge.

At this point Big E has had a decent title reign so I don't think it will be inappropriate for him to drop the title at TLC or the Royal Rumble. As we enter wrestlemania season, I think it would be a good idea to put the title back on Bobby Lashley.

Many people will disagree with me on that, but I just don't have much interest in Big E going into wrestlemania as the wwe champion.

Crash

Reaction score
I am also not a fan of the Big E's title run, nothing against Big E but I don't like they way they it happened.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I am also not a fan of the Big E's title run, nothing against Big E but I don't like they way they it happened.
It was very reactionary. They simply wanted to bump the ratings. Same with the Nikki Cross cash in. As a result, Lashleys title reign has come to an anti climatic end.

Big E got alot to prove over the next few months

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Hopefully a long reign I would hope. The guy has been ready for years, and is easily the best member of The New Day by far. He has a great natural presence and charisma, plus a great look and wrestling ability to boot

I personally think Big E beating Bobby was pretty great. Perhaps they could have waited a bit longer, but I don't mind how they did it personally

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Hopefully a long reign I would hope. The guy has been ready for years, and is easily the best member of The New Day by far. He has a great natural presence and charisma, plus a great look and wrestling ability to boot

I personally think Big E beating Bobby was pretty great. Perhaps they could have waited a bit longer, but I don't mind how they did it personally
Who would you have him face at Mania then as I'm guessing a long title reign would atleast have him be champ until then

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well straight to shit just like kofis run did because of Brock smurf.

I actually enjoy most of Brock’s matches and enjoy his character, but this is getting beyond old: brock loses finally, puts over a talent, comes back, destroys another talent, and then loses again. Same shit as always.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
They could have definitely done more with E's reign, but I did enjoy everything that was happening around it. The build for the Day 1 match was excellent, but Brock came out of nowhere pretty much.