Bianca vs Sasha sucks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sasha vs Bianca was a very good match last night. I liked the match alot.

But if I'm being nickpicky...they didn't deserve to main event. The only reason it main events was because its 2021 and they are other black women.

Now you may think I'm being out of order saying this because both woman are fantastic wrestlers and are deserving enough to be maineventers

I agree with that and that is why I have a problem. Instead of backing these two wrestlers and positioning them as characters who are stars ready to battle at Wrestlemania by giving them a good story, they completely failed the build to this match and made both of them token black characters.

Why not just book them as wrestlers who want to fight for a world title? Instead we have both of them break kayfabe multiple times during their main event. These two deserve better.

Imagine the Undertaker and Edge both smiling and crying during their wrestlemania main event. That would completely ruin the mood. Why is it different just because these are two black women. Why can't these two just play their roles? It's like some kind of reverse sexism.

Granted once the match got going they started to tell a story that was appropriately for a wrestlemania main event. Sasha trying to play dirty and out wrestle the stronger and more athletic Bianca. Bianca proved to much for Sasha and proved she is the best in the world. Would of been good if that was the focus of the build and overall presentation. It may have actually been a worthy main event

Treat women with respect instead of pandering to woke people. I think all real wrestling fans would prefer their wrestlemania main event be presented and treated with respect. Not completely spit on the actual story that should be told to favour a woke headline.

Drew vs Lashley should of main evented

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Sasha vs Bianca was a very good match last night. I liked the match alot.

But if I'm being nickpicky...they didn't deserve to main event. The only reason it main events was because its 2021 and they are other black women.

Now you may think I'm being out of order saying this because both woman are fantastic wrestlers and are deserving enough to be maineventers

I agree with that and that is why I have a problem. Instead of backing these two wrestlers and positioning them as characters who are stars ready to battle at Wrestlemania by giving them a good story, they completely failed the build to this match and made both of them token black characters.

Why not just book them as wrestlers who want to fight for a world title? Instead we have both of them break kayfabe multiple times during their main event. These two deserve better.

Imagine the Undertaker and Edge both smiling and crying during their wrestlemania main event. That would completely ruin the mood. Why is it different just because these are two black women. Why can't these two just play their roles? It's like some kind of reverse sexism.

Granted once the match got going they started to tell a story that was appropriately for a wrestlemania main event. Sasha trying to play dirty and out wrestle the stronger and more athletic Bianca. Bianca proved to much for Sasha and proved she is the best in the world. Would of been good if that was the focus of the build and overall presentation. It may have actually been a worthy main event

Treat women with respect instead of pandering to woke people. I think all real wrestling fans would prefer their wrestlemania main event be presented and treated with respect. Not completely spit on the actual story that should be told to favour a woke headline.

Drew vs Lashley should of main evented
I actually agree for once with you. Def should’ve been drew and lashley

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I agree too Drew vs Lashley should've main evented

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with you that it's nitpicky, but that's about it. I thought if you wanted to give Bianca the belt you may as well main event it. That was the biggest and best closing moment to go off the show on - maybe I'm biased as she's a hometown girl - but Drew winning the belt back or Lashley retaining. And if you believe the best match should have went on last... I liked them both about equally.

And as much as I'd love to say miss me with this social justice nonsense - the real "revolution" was when the women main eventing Raw quit being a big deal, and felt normal, so does this - it did mean something for a lot of people for some reason.

As for them tearing up before the match, that felt legitimate for them. That that's them, as people and performers, soaking up the moment and enjoying their time in the spotlight. And wasn't this supposed to be a "Bianca wants to challenge the best, and her friend Sasha was the best opponent" storyline with a bunch of extra crap thrown in to kill TV time... This match (really this card) was just something you'd want to check out for match quality alone, them crying before/after the match didn't bother me.

Drew going on first and getting the first pop from the crowd was really a great idea, and after that awesome promo he cut during the rain delay I wouldn't have wanted to wait to see him after making all those threats. Want to threaten a dude to fight him backstage cause he's not escaping that asswhooping, I didn't want to wait 3 hours to see that match.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Idk it seems like they wanted to end their first show with fans, in over a year, with a feelgood story with an uber face triumphing as opposed to the bastard monster heel closing out both nights. I guess it's easier just to chop it up to them being black women than thinking constructively about it.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I actually agree for once with you. Def should’ve been drew and lashley
People tend to say this to me alot on this site. Its because I say what I think instead of just having an artificial opinion all the time. I never ever Express an opinion that I dont have and as well have an extremely open mind. Come to something I I with then I will agree with you no matter who you are. I accept others if they disagree so dont mistake me disagreeing as saying you are wrong. This is wrestling. Highly subjective.

And as much as I'd love to say miss me with this social justice nonsense - the real "revolution" was when the women main eventing Raw quit being a big deal, and felt normal, so does this - it did mean something for a lot of people for some reason.
Agreed, we should be way past any virtue signalling Womens revolution rhetoric. They have already proven how good they are and they have been giving their deserved opportunity time after time.

But in terms of the actual match main eventing, they should of focused on story and a strong build. But they didn't. The build sucked. Drew vs Lashley was the bigger match and by that logic it should of closed the show. The biggest match should main event. It's like when Jericho vs Triple H main evented or Triple H vs Randy Orton.

And wasn't this supposed to be a "Bianca wants to challenge the best, and her friend Sasha was the best opponent" storyline
No they are not friends. Never been portrayed in that way. Sasha has always had an insecure inferiority complex over Bianca. That's the story they told as the match tbf was very full with story.

Yes Bianca cried and you can make a point that it's part of her character. But I just think that it would be huge break of tone and kayfabe if Edge cries in his first main event. Then again men and women are very different. So maybe that's acceptable for a woman to cry. But I ain't accepting them smiling at each other. Play your roles. Dont break kayfabe. Simple as that.
Idk it seems like they wanted to end their first show with fans, in over a year, with a feelgood story with an uber face triumphing as opposed to the bastard monster heel closing out both nights. I guess it's easier just to chop it up to them being black women than thinking constructively about it.
You clearly didn't read what I said. My problem with the main event is a valid criticism. To say it wasn't thought out constructively without explaining why is utterly ridiculous and is very on tone with you Roadster.

You are allowed to have an internal confliction and see both sides of the argument. But I guess that's not allowed on the internet without some rat not reading what you actually said properly. You have to always pick sides on the internet I guess.

Them proclaiming them as being black women isnt the reason why I think it shouldn't of main evented it was merley a nitpick that I could do without. It's because they did a poor job with the build and they had bigger match with Drew vs Lashley.

I see that Drew wanted to start the show and in a way the opening match is just as big as the last match. As it is the first match in front of fans.

Like I said I can see both sides of the argument.

Drew going on first and getting the first pop from the crowd was really a great idea, and after that awesome promo he cut during the rain delay I wouldn't have wanted to wait to see him after making all those threats. Want to threaten a dude to fight him backstage cause he's not escaping that asswhooping, I didn't want to wait 3 hours to see that match.
That promo wouldn't of happened if he knew he was booked to close the show. So in the scenario of Lashley Drew main eventing you wouldn't have seen those threats. Granted it was a great match to open the first show back in front of fans. I ain't upset over that. In reflection I dont actually think it's a problem at all but my points remain the same

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1