Best Year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
blackterminator said:
Lets look at the facts on whey 1998 was the best:

Kane vs Taker, Brother rivalry.

Beginning of the Austin Era.

The Rock was beginning to get big reactions.

NWO vs NWO feud.

Goldbergs streak.

DX starts to get edgy while dominating in the faction war with Nation of Domination.

First Blood Match between Kane and Austin.

Kane's first title win.

The Undertaker's heel turn.

Hell In A Cell Match with Mankind and Taker which to me is a very iconic match.

Vince McMahon's character growth as a heel.

Mike Tyson appearance in 1998.

HBK puts over Austin.

Owen Hart surprised heel turn.

Survivor Series Deadly Games Tournament.

Many more.

EVERYTHING U SAID IS SO TRUE! 1998 THE BEST AND THERE BE NEVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BE ANY YEAR THAT WILL TOP 1998! CASE CLOSED!

blackterminator

The Artiste
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
EVERYTHING U SAID IS SO TRUE! 1998 THE BEST AND THERE BE NEVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BE ANY YEAR THAT WILL TOP 1998! CASE CLOSED!

:win:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Best Year?

Respect Gohan6425 said:
FUCKIN 1998 DUH! THAT YEAR BY FAR WAS THE BEST YEAR IN PRO WRESTLING! This is not even up for debuat here! 1998 was that year WCW and WWE were at it best! It was also year were WWE got over WCW in the rating for the 1st time in 2 years in the monday war! great feud from both WWE and WCW! Stone Cold become a main eventer! WM14 EPIC! nWo and nWo Wolfpac, THE PUSH OF GOLDBERG IN WCW AND WINNING THE WCW WORLD CHAMPION! Undertaker and Kane EPIC FEUD! The Stone Cold vs. The Boss Vince Feud! And even the Push of the GREAT ONE THE ROCK AND MAKIND! Which Makind winning the WWE Champion was what ended WCW in EVER GETTING THE RATING BACK AS WWE NEVER LOSE ON MONDAY NIGHT AGAIN! And let not forgot DX WAS THERE TO! 1998 WITH OUT A DOUT IN MY MIND WAS THE BEST WRESTLING YEAR FOR PRO WRESTLING! THIS IS NOT AM OPINION IT A FUCKIN FACT! END OF STORY CASE CLOSED! :pipebomb:

Mankind won the title in 99 didn't he? The NWO was stale and should have ended after Starcade 97 imo. No fact at all lol.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Gohan... Chill the heck out. lol

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Respect Gohan6425 said:
FUCKIN 1998 DUH! THAT YEAR BY FAR WAS THE BEST YEAR IN PRO WRESTLING! This is not even up for debuat here! 1998 was that year WCW and WWE were at it best! It was also year were WWE got over WCW in the rating for the 1st time in 2 years in the monday war! great feud from both WWE and WCW! Stone Cold become a main eventer! WM14 EPIC! nWo and nWo Wolfpac, THE PUSH OF GOLDBERG IN WCW AND WINNING THE WCW WORLD CHAMPION! Undertaker and Kane EPIC FEUD! The Stone Cold vs. The Boss Vince Feud! And even the Push of the GREAT ONE THE ROCK AND MAKIND! Which Makind winning the WWE Champion was what ended WCW in EVER GETTING THE RATING BACK AS WWE NEVER LOSE ON MONDAY NIGHT AGAIN! And let not forgot DX WAS THERE TO! 1998 WITH OUT A DOUT IN MY MIND WAS THE BEST WRESTLING YEAR FOR PRO WRESTLING! THIS IS NOT AM OPINION IT A FUCKIN FACT! END OF STORY CASE CLOSED! :pipebomb:

I don't usually agree with Gohan, but he's right. 98 was the best year for professional wrestling, it was hot. So many great storylines running at the same time and not all of em' were main event stories. Midcarders had great storylines as well. There was seldom dull moments

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
2000 for me. Even though Austin (my favorite) was missing, it was still great for the following reasons:

-Rock in his prime, allowed to shine as "The Guy" without Austin there
-Triple H in his prime as a heel, and the Helmsley/McMahon Era, an entertaining storyline
-An actual tag team division full of depth: APA, Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, Hardyz, T&A, Too Cool, etc.
-Kurt Angle starting to shine like a superstar
-The Radicalz coming over from WCW
-Austin's return at the end of the year and the feud between him and Triple H
-Right To Censor was a fun and entertaining group
-Kaientai's fun little "Evil" gimmick
-Crash Holly and the 24/7 rule of the Hardcore Title (which was ONLY entertaining when Crash was involved)
-No women's division
-Rikishi and Too Cool made for an entertaining trio

I'd say 1998 is a close runner up, a much better year than 1999 ('99 was basically the year of Russo, where he was allowed to get so much stupid shit on the shows.) We saw DX, the Stone Cold Era beginning, Vince McMahon playing a heel role for the first time, the awesome Taker/Kane feud, the "Are Taker and Kane on the same side or not?" storyline in the summer, Rock coming into his own and eventually becoming a main eventer and world champ at the end of the year, the infamous Taker/Mankind HIAC match, etc.

Reactions: Swift

acailler

Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
2000 for me. Even though Austin (my favorite) was missing, it was still great for the following reasons:

-Rock in his prime, allowed to shine as "The Guy" without Austin there
-Triple H in his prime as a heel, and the Helmsley/McMahon Era, an entertaining storyline
-An actual tag team division full of depth: APA, Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, Hardyz, T&A, Too Cool, etc.
-Kurt Angle starting to shine like a superstar
-The Radicalz coming over from WCW
-Austin's return at the end of the year and the feud between him and Triple H
-Right To Censor was a fun and entertaining group
-Kaientai's fun little "Evil" gimmick
-Crash Holly and the 24/7 rule of the Hardcore Title (which was ONLY entertaining when Crash was involved)
-No women's division
-Rikishi and Too Cool made for an entertaining trio

I'd say 1998 is a close runner up, a much better year than 1999 ('99 was basically the year of Russo, where he was allowed to get so much stupid shit on the shows.) We saw DX, the Stone Cold Era beginning, Vince McMahon playing a heel role for the first time, the awesome Taker/Kane feud, the "Are Taker and Kane on the same side or not?" storyline in the summer, Rock coming into his own and eventually becoming a main eventer and world champ at the end of the year, the infamous Taker/Mankind HIAC match, etc.

Couldn't agree more! I have every PPV from 2000/2001 on DVD, I watch them over and over and they still have me hooked.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
what was the best ppv 2000/2001