Best WWE Feud of the 21st Century

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I want to focus on WWE only so it is easier to narrow it down.

We have seen some epic feuds since the new millinium. Feuds that have risen to great heights and went far past our expectations. There have also been some not-so great but I want to focus on the best ones. In your opinion, which WWE feud from the year 2000 until present has been the best?

I don't think this one is the best but I thought I'd throw it out there since it popped into my head and that's the Edge/Matt Hardy/Lita love triangle. I feel like it was an amazing feud because it gave us a real life effect. The way it played out with Matt delivering a shoot promo and telling us all what truly happened in the begining was great. It was one of the few things that was actually entertaining in Matt Hardy's singles career.

A few more to think about are Stone Cold/The Rock, Triple H/HBK, and Cena/Edge.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I will say HBK/Jericho.

There's a lot but that there was my personal favorite, the entire story to it was just something that kind of had a grasp and made you wanted to watch to see what'd happen next. Loved the feud and everything to it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm with HBK/HHH for this. Enjoyed their near 2 year feud immensely even if somethings didn't pan out well case in point their awful 3 stages of fall match up.

If Rock/Austin happened with it's entirety in this century I would have went with that.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed Trips/HBK Three Stages of Hell. I'm with KIF though, if I had to just pick one, it would most likely be HBK and Triple H feud from 2002-2004.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Had they kept it up and found ways to have kept the title on Punk without him actually being on the show and things of that nature then the Punk vs Cena/WWE feud could be in this conversation. But I'm gonna with the feud that I don't think gets enough attention and say HHH/Jericho. Their second feud wasn't all that great but their first feud with was classic from the LMS match to their promos and Jericho in his top form as a face, Stephanie being a hell of a heel manager and HHH at the top of his game. The Raw match where we thought Jericho won is a go to example of how to get the crowd behind a face without winning the world title and making them want to see him win the belt.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cant pick just one, so I'll go with;

- Benoit vs Jericho
- Jericho vs Michaels
- HHH vs Rock
- Hardys/Dudleys/E&C
- Cena vs Edge

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho
Mick Foley vs Randy Orton
Triple H vs. Cactus Jack
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Got_Swag

Reaction score
HBK and Triple H really stands out the most and that's not just from what people mentioned it's the way their fued played out. It was awesome, every match they had was a must see and it wasn't like each time Triple H or HBK won. The fued at the end of the day in my eyes was a split.

But, the fued I'm going to go with is Randy Orton and Triple H. They had their fued early back in 2004 and into the early part of 2005 and those two put on some great matches and worked well together. Then the rivarly renewed itself when Orton this time the heel attacked Vince McMahon in 2010 and thus started a fued with Triple H for the second time. And although their match at WrestleMania 25 didn't meet expectations because of HBK/Undertaker stealing the show, to me it was better then Cena/Big Show/Edge for the World Title. But, that match wasn't that bad after watching it a second time. To me that's the fued of the 21st Century!