• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Ok so I was watching some old WCW and I saw Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio from Halloween Havok and something caught my ears, Bobby Hennan said that Eddie Guerrero was the best wrestler in the business today and I definitly agreed. But it made me think who is the best wrestler today? And by wrestler I mean best technically sound, can be a face/heel, has great presence, and a look.

The one person I think is the best in the world is Kurt Angle because he can do everything and put on a great match.

Who do you guys think, and please no John Cena he is a great draw and attraction but not the best wrestler.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I'd have to put Punk up there. He's a fucking awesome heel and was once a pretty good face. Good in the ring, good on the mic, knows how to get reactions, knows how to get in people's heads (like what he did with Rey and his family).

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Very true I was actually in a lock between both Punk and Angle. CM Punk is probably second on my list because he can also do anything. He has so much more he can do in WWE and I'm really pulling for a Punk/Cena feud to go into Mania in the main event next year.

Edit: Honorable mention to Chris Jericho as well.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Chris Jericho obviously. He's the best in the world at what he does, and he's a wrestler, so it's pretty clear.

-Constantine

Reaction score
I'm going with LHR, I like Punk he can be face or heel. He can pull off good matches. He's great on the mic. This storyline with Rey/SES shit is stale but it's over now.

Reaction score
In the States? Jericho. Maybe Punk. Angle has been too stale to be considered. And yes, John Cena is in this discussion. No one on this side of the globe has had as many good main event matches as this guy. Don't care what he does to get your tits twisted, no one brings it as much as he does when it's time to deliver the goods.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'll have to say Kurt Angle. Great in the ring, can play both heel and face great, and can get a good match out of anyone. Guys in his 40's but you couldn't tell just by looking or seeing him in the ring. Chris Jericho would come in 2nd. Christian at 3rd maybe.

Btw, CM Punk sucked as a face.

maty619

Reaction score
As a mark, I'm gonna throw Rey Mysterio into the mix, I do have to say Jericho as an all round wrestler but I just wanna mention Rey.

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
If we're talking just mainstream wrestling it's gotta be Punk because he has great matches and constantly cuts terrific promos but if it's wrestling all over the world then I'd choose KENTA.

CMS

Reaction score
I'm actually going to go with Rey Mysterio. He said wrestler, not character, so what he does as a face or a heel means little to none, and what Rey does in there is simply amazing

maty619

Reaction score
I would have said Rey as my first choice but I would just get critisized for it because I am biased.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Airfixx

Reaction score
I'm actually going to go with Rey Mysterio. He said wrestler, not character, so what he does as a face or a heel means little to none, and what Rey does in there is simply amazing

Rey has been a true MVP over the last couple of years....

vs. Y2J & Punk were both sweet long term fueds that delivered match-wise time and time again, not to forget his first class work vs Batista, Taker, JoMo, Ziggler and well basically everyone he's stepped in the ring with.

Other honorable mentions: Cena, Jericho, Angle.

I think all these are go-to guys when you need a good-great match.

Reluctant exclusion: CM Punk.

Ask me again in another year or so (Wanna see how he copes with the big-men. Vs Taker don't count.).