Best Mic Worker?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Well, since there is a debate going on, I'll take the time to ask you who you think are the best on the mic in WWE currently.

Foor me, I'd say either Punk or Miz. It would be Jericho but he's not talking at the moment. On the Smackdown side of things, I think Cody Rhodes & Wade Barrett have improved rapidly and have to be up with the best there

Thoughts?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
CM Punk, Triple & John Cena are the top 3 to me. Despite Cena being corny on the mic half the time it's still hard to deny his skills on the mic and he can cut a serious promo as good as anyone. Triple H is one of the best of all time whether he is face or heel cutting a comedic promo or serious promo. Then you have CM Punk who was born to talk on the mic and can cut a promo in his sleep.

Edit: Oh yeah could add Jericho as well to tie with Cena.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Right now, I'll side with CM Punk on Raw as he has the spark right now as being someone the fans don't mind listening to. People tune in for him just to speak... I'm not sure Cena can say that anymore.

On SD!, Daniel Bryan is getting better every week it seems because in wrestling there is really nothing he sucks at but I guess I'd have to give the nod to Orton over there even so. I don't think I can give Rhodes much credit right now with this site's current circumstances.

Underrated ADR because I'm biased and Johnny Ace because he KNOWS what he is doing pretty much.

Last edited:

PY.

Reaction score
I would used to say Triple H, but since he returned I noticed him flip and fudge up on certain words in promos. Plus, he's not really full time so..

CM Punk - I said it once, and I'll say it again. Punk made me watch wrestling again. When HBK retired, I tuned in here and there but I never made plans on my schedule to watch Raw on Monday nights until that shoot promo. Say what you will, but Punk did in fact make wrestling interesting again to some people at least.. Me being one example.

Everything seems so natural with Punk when he's on the mic. Somewhat like Trips sounded like during his Attitude Era. He made you believe he was his actual character. That's the main thing in mic skills that people seem to forget.. It's not who fumbles over there words, or who delivers is strongly.. It's if you believe that person is actually that character. Making sure you sound believable and not robotic is important, but I think the charisma factor in mic skills is a lot more important.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Mine would be CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and I must say Sheamus.

Believe it or not but Sheamus lately has kept me entertained, whether he is heel or face. He cuts a great promo at all times.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I hate how you switch Andrew. You literally hated Daniel Bryan weeks ago and was getting pissed off at his overreactions and everything else he does, then when everyone starts applauding him, you switch and say he is good then put him in your fav wrestlers, signature and had him in your avatar.
And you say CM Punk promos are stale and boring, you want him to lose the championship not too long ago either.

Best Mic Workers: CM Punk, John Cena, R-Truth, The Miz, Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I hate how you switch Andrew. You literally hated Daniel Bryan weeks ago and was getting pissed off at his overreactions and everything else he does, then when everyone starts applauding him, you switch and say he is good then put him in your fav wrestlers, signature and had him in your avatar.
And you say CM Punk promos are stale and boring, you want him to lose the championship not too long ago either.

Best Mic Workers: CM Punk, John Cena, R-Truth, The Miz, Chris Jericho

Daniel Bryan as a face wasn't given the ball to run with the microphone and they kept him to a 'Nerd' gimmick. What's there that's surprising?
While I want CM Punk to drop the belt, he is still one of the best mic workers on RAW and even if half the time it's not as a great as you want it to be, he's still the best.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Daniel Bryan as a face wasn't given the ball to run with the microphone and they kept him to a 'Nerd' gimmick. What's there that's surprising?
While I want CM Punk to drop the belt, he is still one of the best mic workers on RAW and even if half the time it's not as a great as you want it to be, he's still the best.

You hated him when he was a heel only a few weeks ago but whatever. If you think CM Punk is good, don't say he's boring then as many see you say in the RAW live chat..

PY.

Reaction score
Thats the thing about personal opinions, they can easily change or easily stay the same.. No big deal really.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
1 ~ Triple H
2 ~ Chris Jericho
3 ~ CM Punk
4 ~ Alex Riley
5 ~ Christian
6 ~ Wade Barrett
7 ~ John Cena
8 ~ The Miz
9 ~ Undertaker
10 ~ Alberto Del Rio

Nobody else is of note, unless we're counting William Regal who is basically retired, which is the only reason why he's not on the list.

PY.

Reaction score
1 ~ Triple H
2 ~ Chris Jericho
3 ~ CM Punk
4 ~ Alex Riley
5 ~ Christian
6 ~ Wade Barrett
7 ~ John Cena
8 ~ The Miz
9 ~ Undertaker
10 ~ Alberto Del Rio

Nobody else is of note, unless we're counting William Regal who is basically retired, which is the only reason why he's not on the list.

.Triple H is pretty much somewhat retired.
.Undertaker speaks four times in three months.
.ALEX RILEY?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ziggler by far.

Then Punk, who is one of the best at ad-libbing, and probably R-Truth.

Hon. mention to Maxine from nXt.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Alex Riley mention was hilarious. If he wasn't with The Miz on NXT, he would have been released now. He was a solid heel on NXT but he is dull as a face from the few times he talked. I was live at Nassau Coliseum for Piper's Pit with Miz, Riley, and Piper. Riley was over shadowed and failed to shine which disappointed me. Triple H is good but still overrated in terms of mic work. When he was going at it with Punk, he was garbage. He was talking about how Punk never got fan support yet it was clear from 2006 to 2008 he was highly popular then he turned heel. Punk always got a reaction regardless so Triple H was stupid. I never liked Triple H as a face either so he doesn't make my top five at all. When it comes to heels though, Triple H is one of the greatest ever with his intensity and arrogance. I miss him as a heel even though I personally hate him..

Punk is number one for me and probably will still stay one forever in terms of active guy. That shoot still has me buzzing and I'll watch it on occasion. It's amazing how people (Andrew) were jizzing themselves when Punk cut it and now he doesn't really care for him anymore. Jericho is right there and could easily be ahead of Punk, but that shoot just separates it for me and believe me it's not because of the shoot. The Straight Edge Society was my favorite stable since Evolution when they came out with it. That was gold and even though it didn't last long, Punk's work with New Nexus was brilliant. The rest of the roster on the mic for top five. Cena makes it at three because when he's serious, he's awesome. I don't like the jokes at times but Cena can be top notch. The last two I'll give to Wade Barrett at 4 who has always been terrific on the mic. The last guy to make the list is Cody Rhodes who barley makes it over Ziggler. Miz has gotten stale, Truth was awesome but I just can't put him in there for some reason. Rhodes is so confident and really interests me when he talks.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
My top 10 promo guys are as followed:

1. CM Punk
2. Chris Jericho
3. Undertaker
4. Sheamus
5. Kane
6. Dolph Ziggler
7. John Cena
8. Wade Barret
9. Christian