WWE Best Live Event Exp

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Ive been to a handful of live events from WWE, and because I was there made them all really interesting and fun PPV's in my mind. The most fun event for me was the 2013 Royal Rumble. Match wise, everything happened that we did not want to happen. Cena won the Rumble, Punk dropped the belt to the Rock, and it was a sad day. But it was also a day where I got to finanally see the Rock in person, and even celebrate a CM Punk win before McMahon restarted the match.

The most exciting part of that whole PPV was the Rumble itself. I made a Ziggler sign that was even on TV at one point :chewy:. Jericho came in at number two and the crowd went insane, including myself. Jericho had been absent since the previous years Summerslam, and somehow there werent even rumors of him returning so it was really exciting!

Also was at Summerslam where Bryan won the title off of Cena, and was screwed by HHH. I felt like it was event that someowhat changed the landscape of modern wrestling in WWE. Oh and I got to see Bray Wyatts Debut match against Kane in the ring of fire match.

:hebner:\

What is your best live event moment?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I out wooo'ed Ric Flair at a Live event once. Everyone here already knows of the most infamous Nacho/Mark Henry event.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WWE wise I attended Rebellion 1999 in Birmingham. It was one of WWF's UK PPV's before they started recording Raw/Smackdown here. It was at the height of the Rock's popularity and the response he got from the crowd was awesome! The main event was the Rock/Triple H inside a Steel cage which really felt like an important American style main event which was rare for those UK only shows. The undercard was very decent also including The Bulldog VS. X-Pac, Edge & Christian VS. The APA VS. The Hardy Boyz, and Jeff Jarrett VS. D-Low Brown. It also felt different because they had big storylines which would then go onto TV the next week such as Stephanie losing her memory (as dumb as that was), and the Bulldog's hurt for another title shot etc.. It was a great event.

Also saw a pretty cool SD in Manchester in 2004, which featured a battle royal to crown the number one contender for the US title, remember it ended up with Rey and Angle as the final two, and because of that the closing stages were off the chart!:DBYES:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Reactions: Twitchy

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
WWE wise I attended Rebellion 1999 in Birmingham. It was one of WWF's UK PPV's before they started recording Raw/Smackdown here. It was at the height of the Rock's popularity and the response he got from the crowd was awesome! The main event was the Rock/Triple H inside a Steel cage which really felt like an important American style main event which was rare for those UK only shows. The undercard was very decent also including The Bulldog VS. X-Pac, Edge & Christian VS. The APA VS. The Hardy Boyz, and Jeff Jarrett VS. D-Low Brown. It also felt different because they had big storylines which would then go onto TV the next week such as Stephanie losing her memory (as dumb as that was), and the Bulldog's hurt for another title shot etc.. It was a great event.

Also saw a pretty cool SD in Manchester in 2004, which featured a battle royal to crown the number one contender for the US title, remember it ended up with Rey and Angle as the final two, and because of that the closing stages were off the chart!:DBYES:

That sounds amazing. I can only imagine what the crowd pops were like back then. I was happy to be apart of the Yes chants when DB got screwed at summerslam, I feel like it was a peak moment. i would have killed to see that that Triple tag match though. Hardy Boyz were my fav or a long time growing up.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've only been to one live show. I think it was a pretty basic one (during Orton's short WHC reign in '04) and I was young, but I remember it pretty well. Kane/Snitsky had a falls count anywhere match and they were all taped up and stuff because on RAW a few days before they both fell off the stage or something. Anyway, I was sitting about halfway down the ramp, and at one point Kane hit Snitsky with a big boot and knocked him over the barrier and he fell right in front of me pretty much. That was cool, plus I got to touch a lot of people's hands and stuff where I was sitting.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ That sounds pretty cool.

On that sort of note during that Rebellion event E&C did their bit where they come through the crowd to enter, and I was just a few rows back from where they passed at one point.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
WMX8

Jazz-Trish-Lita= These 3 went harder than anyone else that night, not just my favorite womens match, but my favorite triple threat match.

Rock-Hogan= The match was not really great itself, but that was not expected either. The great atmosphere of the crowd erupting when Hogan's music hit was insane.

I was also at the house show where Miz & Morrison won the tag title belts.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I was lucky enough to go to Mania 26 which was amazing cause I never thought I'd be able to go to a wrestlemania. Being able to witness one of my all time favorite wrestlers in HBK wrestle his last match alone was worth it and made it my best live experience.

Reactions: Keith

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Don't think i've heard this story, please share

If you haven't heard this story you weren't payin attention.

So when I go to Raw I'm there to be up close I get ringside or I don't go I find it simply not worth the buck unless your in the first five rows of one ringside or the lower bowl. On this ocasion we were along the ramp. I wish I still had my pic of Mariah pre playboy as she'd had a malfunction that night. So the night was progressing it was a good Raw Mark Henry was the Mark Henry of the late 90's early 00 A JOBBER.

The guys behind my cousin and I were being complete assholes I mean it was two matches in and we'd basically wanted to kick their asses. So Mark Henry has his match against some no name local as the heel. Mark is walking up the ramp and the guy behind us says "hey fatass how bout some nachos" This I can tell you from first hand experience is not what you tell Mark Henry, he kicked the nacho out of the guys hands and all over my substantially larger cousin (who I hid behind thus avoiding being drinched in Nacho cheese) They showed footage of this on the tron all night for the crowd to liven up it gave everyone a good laugh. The guys behind us got thrown out per a guard that witnessed the whole thing.

The bullshit part of the incident though was that they never gave us anything else to wear. My cousin was drenched in Nacho cheese through the rest of the night. I had a splotch of it. Every heel that came out just pointed and laughed. We were never offered anything, which was kind of bullshit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well that is a fine story, but sorry you weren't take better care of by the staff at the event, that does suck.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
I wanna say either The Raw right before Survivor Series 2001 when Kurt Angle joined the Alliance and laid out Team WWF with a steel chair, the SD in 2010 when Rey Mysterio and Batista had a Beat The Clock Challenge to decide who faced The Undertaker at The Royal Rumble... or this house show from like, 2011 where it was Barrett/Bryan one on one, Christian/Orton in a Louisville Street Fight, and I wanna say Beth Phoenix/Layla and Air Boom/The Usos, but I don't think Air Boom was formed around that time period.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
If you haven't heard this story you weren't payin attention.

So when I go to Raw I'm there to be up close I get ringside or I don't go I find it simply not worth the buck unless your in the first five rows of one ringside or the lower bowl. On this ocasion we were along the ramp. I wish I still had my pic of Mariah pre playboy as she'd had a malfunction that night. So the night was progressing it was a good Raw Mark Henry was the Mark Henry of the late 90's early 00 A JOBBER.

The guys behind my cousin and I were being complete assholes I mean it was two matches in and we'd basically wanted to kick their asses. So Mark Henry has his match against some no name local as the heel. Mark is walking up the ramp and the guy behind us says "hey fatass how bout some nachos" This I can tell you from first hand experience is not what you tell Mark Henry, he kicked the nacho out of the guys hands and all over my substantially larger cousin (who I hid behind thus avoiding being drinched in Nacho cheese) They showed footage of this on the tron all night for the crowd to liven up it gave everyone a good laugh. The guys behind us got thrown out per a guard that witnessed the whole thing.

The bullshit part of the incident though was that they never gave us anything else to wear. My cousin was drenched in Nacho cheese through the rest of the night. I had a splotch of it. Every heel that came out just pointed and laughed. We were never offered anything, which was kind of bullshit.

Thats a great story! I have always liked Mark Henry so that made me laugh. They should have given you a shirt if he got cheese on you though lol.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
I wanna say either The Raw right before Survivor Series 2001 when Kurt Angle joined the Alliance and laid out Team WWF with a steel chair, the SD in 2010 when Rey Mysterio and Batista had a Beat The Clock Challenge to decide who faced The Undertaker at The Royal Rumble... or this house show from like, 2011 where it was Barrett/Bryan one on one, Christian/Orton in a Louisville Street Fight, and I wanna say Beth Phoenix/Layla and Air Boom/The Usos, but I don't think Air Boom was formed around that time period.

Oh man, that Kurt Angle bit was probably amazing. I was only 11 when it took place, but I feel Like I remember him going on a rampage with a steel chair lol

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Oh man, that Kurt Angle bit was probably amazing. I was only 11 when it took place, but I feel Like I remember him going on a rampage with a steel chair lol

Seeing it happen live was awesome. It was so loud right after the first chair shot that you couldn't even hear the next 4-5 happen, and they all happened so fast that it took a minute for everybody to realize they should be booing instead of cheering.