• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Best Finishing Manuever Round 1a: Sweet Chin Music (8) vs Red Arrow (25)

Which is the best finishing maneuver?

• Sweet Chin Music

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Red Arrow

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
This one's closer for me, but I still vote Sweet Chin Music for the reasons mentioned by others and again how it adds to the drama of the match. Plus its hard to really judge more modern moves compared with older ones. I think Sweet Chin music has been used in so many classic moments down the years which still hold up today. Will people look back on Red Arrow in years to come in the same light?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
This one's closer for me, but I still vote Sweet Chin Music for the reasons mentioned by others and again how it adds to the drama of the match. Plus its hard to really judge more modern moves compared with older ones. I think Sweet Chin music has been used in so many classic moments down the years which still hold up today. Will people look back on Red Arrow in years to come in the same light?

Every so often I'm sure there will be people who look back like "yeah, that was a crazy move" but overall nah. It just doesn't have the same dramatic weight of the Sweet Chin Music, nor the iconic matches and moments associated with it. It's basically why stuff like Kidman's Shooting Star Press and London's 450 really don't get brought up, even though they were pretty mind blowing for their time period.

I'd be more inclined to vote for the Brutalizer honestly. Hopefully it's in the tourney.