• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

James9579

Jobber
Reaction score
I came across this podcast where the hosts discuss what are some of the better matches Brock Lesnar has had since he came back from UFC, and I thought it was an interesting question. Thoughts?

Podcast Link below, it's worth listening to

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins at Royal Rumble 2015

Crash

Reaction score
VS taker summerslam.

That was the worst out of the 3 matches against taker IMO... The Hell in a Cell one was the best one I'd say, the one at Wrestlemania 30 was better than the SummerSlam one because of the streak being broken. I gotta say I really liked the match at Wrestlamania 31 against Roman, mostly because of the ending with Seth cashing, but the match as a whole was decent. As for the very best Brock match since he came back in 2012; I gotta say I really loved the Cena squash at SummerSlam 2014, because it was never done before that someone would literally bury Cena the way Brock did. But maybe it was not his best performance as a match...I'd have to go with @Solidus probably the triple threat against Seth and Cena or more recently the one against AJ Styles.

Reactions: Solidus1

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Brock, Seth, and Cena had one of the best matches in the last 5 years really. They all worked well together. So yeah, that one hands down.

Reactions: Crash

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
See, now you got some heat cause I don't know how to answer this question.
He's had many matches that glued me to the screen.

His match with Rollins and Cena at Royal Rumble 2015 was great.
His match with Goldberg at WrestleMania was OD.
His match with Cena at SummerSlam 2014 was great.
And his match with AJ Styles at Survivor Series was incredible.

Actually, nevermind. I can pick one. And I'll rank the rest too.

4: Royal Rumble 2015
3: SummerSlam 2014
2: WrestleMania 33
1: Survivor Series 2017

Reactions: Crash

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That was the worst out of the 3 matches against taker IMO... The Hell in a Cell one was the best one I'd say, the one at Wrestlemania 30 was better than the SummerSlam one because of the streak being broken. I gotta say I really liked the match at Wrestlamania 31 against Roman, mostly because of the ending with Seth cashing, but the match as a whole was decent. As for the very best Brock match since he came back in 2012; I gotta say I really loved the Cena squash at SummerSlam 2014, because it was never done before that someone would literally bury Cena the way Brock did. But maybe it was not his best performance as a match...I'd have to go with @Solidus probably the triple threat against Seth and Cena or more recently the one against AJ Styles.

No

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
His most recent one against Styles at Survivor Series was the best. Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins was great, also.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
AJ and Brock was good. I didn’t feel it was great by any means. I think that every time AJ gets involved with something they always think it’ll just be amazing. I don’t think that’s always the case. I feel Brock has had several better matches than his one with AJ. Opinions vary, but I felt Brock vs Roman, Brock vs taker, and Brock vs Cena was better.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
  • Rollins/Cena/Lesnar - incredible mixture of styles with Cena as typical power spot fest, Rollins as the technical high fyler and Lesnar as the main target with an answer for everything. It just worked together beautifully as already mentioned
  • talking about Cena and Lesnar, their Summerslam 2014 match was exactly what you'd expect out of a guy like Lesnar and should have been their Extreme Rules 2012 match. With Lesnar matches it's not about putting on a master class for Meltzer to give it 6 stars but moreso to underline how insane Lesnar is from a physical standpoint and making Cena hold this huge L was just incredible to watch
  • Brock vs Reigns was the match everybody hated on for main eventing Mania that year, yet they managed to get the whole crowd invested from start to finish. Yes, Rollins' cash in saved the day but even if you look at the match they had before, people actually seemed to really enjoy it
  • his series with Goldberg was a masterpiece in my eyes and it showed that you don't need 200 insane indie spots to get over. I really enjoyed their whole program, not just their Mania match
  • the final one includes 2 matches and imma call it "Brock Lesnar vs the underdogs" because I'm talking about Brock vs AJ and, one I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet, Brock vs Punk. In my eyes, both are on the same level as both of them brought out the best of Lesnar whilst putting up a valiant effort. Obviously Punk/Lesnar was a tad bit more competitive as it took place before Brock broke the streak but AJ/Lesnar played into Brock's 2017 perfectly with nobody even coming close to taking this crowd off his head except for Styles.
All in all, I'm amazed at how many good matches he's had because the more I think about it, the more matches I wanna put on the list, like Lesnar vs Taker from HIAC. Most of the times I can count on Brock to deliver, whether it be through match quality or just straight up memorable moments like the streak breaking or him beating the shit out of Randy Orton. I feel the same about Shane at times but that's for another thread