• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Best and worst RAW matches 2011?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
We talking ppvs or just the Raw shows here?
Best
1) John Morrison Vs The Miz falls count anywhere

2) Cena Vs Rey after Rey won the title

Not much else smackdown has given the exceptional matched imo.

Worst

Anything involving the divas or David Otunga.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Punk/Cena @ MiTB or HHH/Taker @ WM27.
Both 5* matches, the only REAL contenders for match of the year.

I've never been to high on HHH / Taker tbh it was abit too much of a finisher fest for me although it did tell a really good story.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I think the HHH vs Taker match is overrated. Taker carries most of the match, no real spots I would say, just kicking out of finishers. Don't get me wrong, like seabs said it did tell a story, the crowd were eating it up, facial expressions were pricess but people sometimes compare it to HBK vs Undertaker which baffles me. Cena vs Punk was exceptional, yet people still seem to think Cena is the worst wrestler on the roster. He's always nominated for MOTY awards, but gets slated for wrestling ability. Anyway, yeah that was one great match.

Miz vs Bryan I think it was, that's another classic for RAW early this year.

Cena vs Rey was also great, yet another match Cena is noted for doing well for.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I think the HHH vs Taker match is overrated. Taker carries most of the match, no real spots I would say, just kicking out of finishers. Don't get me wrong, like seabs said it did tell a story, the crowd were eating it up, facial expressions were pricess but people sometimes compare it to HBK vs Undertaker which baffles me. Cena vs Punk was exceptional, yet people still seem to think Cena is the worst wrestler on the roster. He's always nominated for MOTY awards, but gets slated for wrestling ability. Anyway, yeah that was one great match.

Miz vs Bryan I think it was, that's another classic for RAW early this year.

Cena vs Rey was also great, yet another match Cena is noted for doing well for.

The Cena point is kind of justified imo. He can wrestle when he's allowed to but he resorts to the hulking up tactic for most of his matches. I don't know whether he's being a good employee or he just gets lazy and needs some one such as Punk to give him a good kick up the arse to perform to potential.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dunno, for me he's booked as the "Superman". He gets beaten down, then last minute comes back and wins. It's that never give up mentality, just like Hogan had. He's booked like that I think, he's definitely not the worst wrestler on the roster, even if he is being lazy (which I doubt). He can do better probably, but I blame WWE not Cena.