Bellator welterweight Ben Askren had this to say while speaking on MMA Fight Corner a

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Bellator welterweight Ben Askren had this to say while speaking on MMA Fight Corner a few days ago regarding fighters that don't make weight, specifically Thiago Alves and Anthony Johnson (transcribed by fiveknuckles):

"They're just cowards," Askren said. "They should bump up a weight class. What are you scared of fighting guys bigger than you? If you really, truly can't make, say 170, you're gonna be fairly good sized for 185. I mean I walk around anywhere between 183 and 187. And 170, I can make it and it's not that difficult."

Well, Anthony Johnson sure had a response, which you can see in the above video. He's also had some stuff to say regarding Askren's comments on twitter:

"Idky ppl think I'm talkin bout ben askren when I'm not. I don't have anything 2 say about him. What he said doesn't hurt my feelings at all"

"Just heard the interview. It was cute. Not even gonna reply to all that. Its comedy"

@NathanMarquardt "I'm not trippin he can say what he want I've heard it a million times. Long as he wasn't saying it about fighting"