• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

'Beetlejuice' writer promises 'true sequel'

Kellie

BEETLEJUICEGB120212.jpg

Seth Grahame-Smith has vowed not to 'reboot' Beetlejuice with his forthcoming movie.

The writer is planning a sequel to Tim Burton's 1988 comedy starring Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder, and Keaton has been tipped to return as the poltergeist.

Grahame-Smith has now revealed that he will begin writing the script later this year, with events taking place 26 years after the first movie. But he maintained that he is being mindful of respecting the source material.

He told The Wrap:

I have a rough idea of what it’s gonna be. However - I should stress this - it's not a remake, it's not a reboot, it is a true sequel with Michael Keaton as the title character Beetlejuice.

I don't wanna be the guy that destroys the legacy and the memory of the first film. I would rather die. I would rather just not make it, it's rather just throw the whole thing away than make something that pays no respect and doesn't live up even close to the legacy of the first film."

Tim Burton is on board the project as producer, but it is not clear whether he plans to return as director. Burton’s next movie Dark Shadows, another collaboration with Johnny Depp, is released later this spring. You can watch the trailer below.

nme

Wish they would just leave some thing alone

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
nme

Wish they would just leave some thing alone
Honestly this isn't one of those cases. At least he said they would not reboot this and Burton is attached as producer.

It might not be great but at least it will be "Beetlejuice".

Swinny

Is it wrong that I'd kinda rather have Burton NOT direct this? I just really don't have faith in the guy anymore, although maybe a Beetlejuice sequel could be what he needs to get back to form. As long as they get Keaton to play Beetlejuice and hopefully bring back some of the other cast too, even if it's just in some roles or cameos.