Becky Lynch Talks Twitter: “I, Ironically, Hate Social Media”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch talked with Graham GSM Matthews of Bleacher Report about her current mindset towards social media.

Often one of the best WWE Superstars at utilizing Twitter, Lynch admits that she actually hates social media.

“We have a live microphone on us 24/7 and sometimes it can be used for bad and sometimes it can be used to hype something and show more disdain when we’re coming to a big match,” Lynch said. “I, ironically, hate social media. I think it’s stupid, but I think it has a purpose and that purpose can be used for our work. I don’t think people need to see me brushing my teeth in the morning, but I think people can see how I feel about an opponent and my stories going forward.”

Although the WWE Superstar enjoys it as a means to connect with fans, there’s a downside to the platform that can hurt though with mental health issues.

“You made a good point about fans and how they can interact and follow you and I think that’s awesome,” Lynch stated. “That is great. But one thing we see with social media … I like to use it for wrestling purposes and further a storyline. I think there’s so much — for people’s mental health, I think it can be bad. I think it can be detrimental. I think people compare themselves to each other. It gives people an outlet to be constantly angry about things, and I don’t think that’s good for the world. That’s Rebecca Quinn’s philosophy on social media.”

Now a parent, Becky Lynch feels like the constant comparison of one another isn’t a good way to grow up.

“Now that I look at everything from the eyes of being a parent, it’s worrying,” Lynch admitted. “People are growing up and there’s likes and dislikes and comparing each other to other people constantly, and I think that can be bad for young people and their mindset on the world growing up.”

During the same interview, Lynch also commented on if her friendship with Charlotte is beyond repair. The two are set to meet in the ring at tonight’s WWE Survivor Series.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/11/becky-lynch-talks-twitter-i-ironically-hate-social-media/

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
She aint wrong.

Pretty much. Granted it is cool to be able to connect with anyone at anytime and build a brand, it can be harsh for your mental health.

Reactions: Doom

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Comparisons have been a thing forever, even before social media. It’s just human nature. You look at yourself, you look at others, you assess. Some take it more seriously than others.

I agree with the mental health part, however, some people go out of their way to seek it. In any kind of business where you will be on some kind of celebrity platform, you’re going to be judged by strangers. They all know this going in to the business. Not saying the shitty comments are acceptable, just saying it’s going to happen and looking for it isn’t a good thing to do, it’s only hurting yourself.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Social Media is for people with anti-social skills. I do agree with her assessment here.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
It's why I advocate for forums over social media. I know you still get negativity at times, but the anonymity is way better. You really only have an avatar and a username. So you're never really comparing yourself to others. I think it's a much more healthier alternative to IRL social interaction than social media is. I tried Twitter for a bit, and I was not a fan. Definitely not good for my mental health.

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I love Twitter for the gaming circle I am in. But it is at the point now that politics is taking over that. I hate talking politics. It is pointless.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I love Twitter for the gaming circle I am in. But it is at the point now that politics is taking over that. I hate talking politics. It is pointless.

Yeah I've always said that social media is just an extension of people lol if you follow shitty people then you're gonna hate it but if you curate your timeline to only be what you want to see them it's great

Reactions: TroyTheAverage

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Yeah I've always said that social media is just an extension of people lol if you follow shitty people then you're gonna hate it but if you curate your timeline to only be what you want to see them it's great

Until the last year or so it was great. But like I said, the politics is starting to creep in. I don't care about politics and don't want to talk about them. I have my own opinions politically but don't feel like sharing them when I want to talk about games.

Reactions: Chris