• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bayley needs a new gimmick

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've been a Bayley fan for almost three years after she debuted on the main roster a few years ago and she got a standing ovation at first because she was already popular from the NXT stuff (which I must say as a late Bayley fan it does live up to the hype and those were her glory days so to speak) but Bayley hasn't changed anything since then, she wears the same vest and the same tights with the ponytail tied to the side of her head, the same dance techno pop music and the inflatable balloons which is what she's been doing for the last 5 years and it's gotten stale.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
The problem is as Whatculture stated, Bayley in NXT was the smiling naive child. But after her feud with Charlotte which I was there live and it was really good emotion. Charlotte said being NXT Champion is a big responsibility. It's about being a good wrestler representing the brand not hugging people. I yelled no it's not you go from one town to another in Florida. She yelled Be quiet when I'm talking, but Bayley grew from that and her feud with Sasha when she kept her personality but upped her game in the ring and wasn't so naive. Now on Raw she was doing the same until some writer who I guess liked Alexa Bliss decided to fantasy book some wrestling with the hot girl winning and basically killed Bayley's career beyond repair and it's pretty heartbreaking I had a crush on Bayley when I used to go to Full Sail almost every month

Reactions: jminter2698

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Bayley is a character for children, girls specifically. Little girls is Bayleys market, they dont understand wrestling and the ins and outs of storylines, gimmicks, heel/babyface, etc. So really there would be no reason to change Bayley because she is specifically targeted to a particular age and demographic that is just starting to watch WWE and doesnt look into it as deep as we do.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Bayley started on the main roster and within a few months won her first main roster title and her first Wrestlemania. Without introducing her character to the new audience. Really shitty booking.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Bayley can work a different gimmick. She said it numerous times now that this current character is not far off from how she is in real life, it's just a bit more over the top. She's not much of an actor either, so it would have to be something very specific that she knows she could pull off on a microphone.
She's not gonna stay in the same spot until she retires, so eventually things have to change for her but I just don't see in what direction those would go

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think she isn't that bad atm. Her and Sasha ae no longer jobbers in my book. Just have them win the tag titles. See how things go. I really don't see how she is in a bad way.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
How about get rid of her.. Sasha and Bayley contribute nothing to the show.. They have very little star power.. They're a step above Dana Brooke in my opinion. They show up every week and participate in boring segments wasting everybody's time..

Reactions: Crash

Redboy123@

Reaction score
How about get rid of her.. Sasha and Bayley contribute nothing to the show.. They have very little star power.. They're a step above Dana Brooke in my opinion. They show up every week and participate in boring segments wasting everybody's time..
Yet they still got cheered over Ronda Rousey

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Bayley might appear to be marketed towards children, but when she came to the UK with NXT she had massive support from adults that were invested in her story. I think she is still popular and a move to Smackdown could help revitalise her character.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Bayley as booked in NXT had the right amount of layers to her character. She was bubbly, hugged fans and friends, but when pushed against a wall she proved she had bite. Just look at her Takeover matches with Sasha, Nia, and Asuka. She was perfectly great as a babyface.

On the main roster it started fine minus them not doing too much with her until her first Charlotte feud on the main roster. There it had some good, like building up her and Charlotte's contrast, but how she won it on Raw was hotshotting it, especially with Sasha giving her the win and she acted too naive to it. But hey, she won at Mania so not all bad.

Just when it went off the rails was her Alexa storyline which has been ran into the ground. But I think Sasha vs her post-Mania would have frankly cemented her as a upper-card and main event babyface for the Women's division. But they didn't, then they did the whole tease of a feud with her and Sasha and they waited too long, but at least now, ignoring the dumb teasing, her and Sasha have been working as a team.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Crash

Reaction score

I do think it would be better for them to leave WWE and go somewhere else to reinvent themselves. Both gimmicks have been stale for too long with nothing of value to offer anymore.

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
If she's too girly there's always a makeover or just throw her in a cage match with Rousey, that will scare the sugar and spice and everything else right out of her. Or stick to booking her against someone she can really get a grudge on we're talking full out Sasha Banks or Natalya here. Hair pulling and chairs from behind backstage and hair cutting after matches kind of stuff. maybe that's too old school. Whatever she feels best with.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As mentioned, Bayley is meant to get little girls interested and invested in wrestling. It is a small niche group. Boys are more incline to take interest than girls so having someone like Bayley for them works but long term, most will just get burned out on her and I guess the hope here is that they become fans of some of the other women or some of them men in WWE.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley