Batman vs Superman Delayed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Warner Bros. has pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman” movie to the second quarter of this year and it will now be released on May 6, 2016.

The Peter Pan origin story “Pan” is being put in its place on July 17, 2015. “Superman-Batman” will now square off against a Marvel film which Marvel has still not announced.

The film is still in pre-production with Henry Cavill set to star alongside Affleck, and Zack Snyder is on to helm.

In a statement, Warners said the decision was made to “help fully realize the vision.” Warners is still casting the film including the main villain role which sources tell Variety is still in Joaquin Phoenix’s court.

This marks another film to leave what was turning out to be a very crowded 2015 summer, with “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″ and the new “Star Wars” also moving out of the frame.

One continuing moving part is what this means for Affleck and his always busy schedule. Affleck was planning on directing “Live by Night” following production on “Superman-Batman,” with Warners already dating “Night” for Dec. 25, 2015.

It now seems unlikely that Affleck would be able to jump into the director’s chair before the end of 2014, which would put pressure on getting the film done on time in order to meet WB’s deadline.

Batman-Superman” will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

Well fuck this is disappointing. Very long wait and this means we will have to wait even longer for first images even. But I guess on the other hand this is probably a good decision as more polish means a better finished product. Big footsteps to follow with a new Batman and after the Nolan trilogy.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Shocked it does not mention the fact that Batman/Superman and Justice League will be filming back to back, like has been reported.

But, with all this talk of new casting choices, I can understand wanting to take some extra time to make sure you get it right, and don't pull another Constantine or Green Lantern.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
For me its no loss if this never happens, these mash up films rarely work, and Snyder is the last person you want doing it.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
This can only be a good thing as they were just rushing the project to compete with The Avengers. I've also heard they're making this and Justice League back to back with the Justice League making glorified cameos in Batman v Superman. It'll be interesting to see how it all comes about with them not doing any backstory's on the other members. I've also heard Jason Momoa could be the villain or Aquaman. Either way 2015 Summer will be a free for all.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is a complete mess. This isn't how you make movies, it's how you rush trash to the alley before you forget Monday morning. MY GOD! Think this crap through Hollywood.

Quad

Reaction score
It sounds like a real big clutterfuck, and idk that just doesn't appeal to me. I'll still watch it regardless. Let's hope they can pull out another great sequel to a DC comics adaptation.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Shocked it does not mention the fact that Batman/Superman and Justice League will be filming back to back, like has been reported.

But, with all this talk of new casting choices, I can understand wanting to take some extra time to make sure you get it right, and don't pull another Constantine or Green Lantern.

I've hear nothing about them filming anything back to back.

They pushed it back to go head to head with a Marvel movie so I think its a strategy thing not so much a delay.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I've hear nothing about them filming anything back to back.

They pushed it back to go head to head with a Marvel movie so I think its a strategy thing not so much a delay.

It's mainly just a rumor but word is that they'll end BvS with a cliffhanger to lead into Justice League. I guess they're taking pages from Fast and Furious and The Hobbit movies as it makes them more profitable.

I'm fairly certain it's a delay. Why push it back a year to compete with a Marvel Movie? Marvel releases 2 movies a year so they could have just pushed it back a month or two if that were the case and if it was, it's not a smart move considering WB is very uncertain about the whole thing. Gal Gadot is only signed on for 3 movies, BvS, Justice League and a potential stand alone Wonder Woman and that's it. It's a dumb move to sign what should be an integral part of your franchise to only a 3 picture deal. It only shows that they don't have a lot of faith so I doubt they want extra competition to go with it.