Batman Arkham Origins announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't go down the same path as Gears of War Judgement, and is simply a cash in, half assed effort game. I doubt it will be that way, and I'm sure I'll like it, but I'm still a little skeptical at this stage.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
They could be going for the cash cow in Deathstroke, Guggenheim did get Manu Bennet(Crixus from Spartacus, Marc Anthony from Xena), in Arrow, and Netherealms got J.G. Hertzler(Martok from Star Trek: DS9) to V/O in Injustice Gods Among Us.

Since the New52, Deathstroke has been one of the major players, being a former teammate of Cole Cash(Grifter), and Amanda Waller(creator of The Suicide Squad), one of Batman's villains in the opening Dark Knight story, and until just last month, held his very own solo title(while his daughter was in a team book at the same time), after showing a mask in episode #1 of Arrow, the fans demanded Deathstroke, who originally wasn't even supposed to be in season 1.

DC is in a moment of trying to expand the names that they can market(which explains the recent use of Talia in TDKR, Scarecrow through all of Nolans movies, the Green Lantern movie, and Arrow). In the case of Injustice, names like Aries, Raven, Cyborg, Black Adam, & Killer Frost are virtual unknowns outside of the comic community, while characters like Aquaman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Shazam, Hal Jordan, & Sinestro are all characters DC is trying to turn into widely accepted names outside of the community, much like Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, Joker, & Harley Quinn.

Reaction score
I demand more of Dick Grayson as Batman but I never get it, but we get Deathstroke instead D=.

I mean if DC can expand the characters they can market, more for it but to me, if they go about it wrong, they might end up doing a Cable with Marvel and just forcing us to have tolerate him in some capacity.

Be interesting if Deathstroke is the main villain and a DLC character, it'd be great playing from opposite perspective but I doubt that. Banking on Deathstroke being a hired gun for props, Penguin and it'll go from there.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Deathstroke definitely fights and looks kinda like Raiden from the MGS games. The trailer definitely has me interested and excited, though I prefer continuity in story lines, versus changing shit up and doing prequels that always end up fucking with continuity.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Liking the storyline I don't think that joker will not make an appearance but the red hood might another storyline could be that he also gets to meet dick Grayson which means the death of the flying graysons and batman vs tony zucco which would be good.

There's also the matter of two face he could be another antagonist friend turned foe.

We also have an appearance from penguin which should be interesting.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Phew.

It's on Windows, thank god.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Akrham-City-SE.jpg

Considering buying this now just for that statue. Looks amazing. I dunno I want it but I'm still kind of skeptical on the game with it being a new developer and all. Should I get it? It does look pretty damn good from the videos but maybe I should wait for a review or two.

This will be available on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Unsure if this edition is being released in the U.S. as I cannot find anything as of yet but prices for UK and Australia are: £79.99, $118.00AUD

Last edited:

Kassidy

Reaction score
if it doesn't come i'll be renting it, just like AC 4; would be a shame to not add to my batman shelf.

740957_10151269698216848_1140682605_o.jpg

Reaction score
I'm tempted to get it... I'm sure it'll look sexy next to my 40 odd Batman Collecteds...

After playing Deadpool, I'm really psyched for this. Two good superhero games in a year, let's hope that's true. At least they've kept the same engine rocksteady used and built on it.

Batman Arkham Origins looks like it might be damn near brilliant.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Black mask, falcone family, death stroke, death shot, penguin, bane, joker, copper head and death stroke seriously these alone have bought my interest and the game play looks good as well.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
CE_Layout_PS3_360.jpg

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers don't have to wait till the next-gen for the next big game, as Batman: Arkham Origins is still on the way for their consoles. Today, Warner Bros Interactive released details about the North America, Australia, and New Zealand edition of the Collector's pack, and it includes quite a bit. The Arkham Origins Collectors' Edition will set you back $119.99, double the price of standard, and is available in limited quantities for pre-order today for PS3 and Xbox 360 only - sorry WiiU users, but like multiplayer, you're left out of this one.

Please remember, some of the new skins for Batman are available only on PlayStation 3, so if you're a cross-platform player, that may influence which direction you go on this one. Full details of the Collectors' Edition including LED adorned statue, art book, posters, exclusive skins, and the DC Comics Villains documentary (blu-ray on PS3, standard DVD on 360), all follow.

The Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:

· Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
· Height: 9"
· Depth: 11.5"
· Width: 13"
· 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
· 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
· Batman Wanted Poster
· Batwing Prototype Schematic
· Anarky logo stencil
· Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
· Wayne Family Photo
· Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
· 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
· Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world's deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
· Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film, which features exclusive interviews with Richard Donner, Guillermo del Toro, Zack Snyder and others.
· The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content

I want it. Ugh. So much content and that LED statue. Awesome.. But it is a bit pricey. I am kind of fine with the other edition us Aussies get.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I still prefer UK statue, Joker does't fit on my batman shelf

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Firefly, Black Mask, Joker, Bane, Copperhead, Penguin, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Anarcky and 3 more assassins to be revealed this could easily be the best game of the batman arkham series and having the whole of Gotham to play with as well will make things real good as well.

I feel though that Dick Grayson should make an appearance as well as Barbara Gordan.