Batista talks WWE departure and more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
If you ran WWE?

With more,and more crossbrand booking,and talks that brand merging may be permanent...this is going to leave us with lots of unused wrestlers.If you ran WWE who would you deem has not,or will not blossom to full potential?Who would YOU weed out of the vast WWE garden?

My top three canidates for having their roots dug up would be

Eugene

Kelly Kelly

Maryse

What's yours?

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
Maryse plays a vital role on SmackDown! and Kelly is clearly the talented one of Extreme Expose.

You know, i think everyone can be of use to the company in some way or another. Evan Snitsky. Evan with the Brand Split becoming more blurred you'll always need guys to work house shows, dark matchs and put over the latest graduate of OVW. Thats where guys like Val Venis and Funaki come in.

Maryse may be pointless but atleast pointless has a pretty face. Kelly is the star of EE, evan though she is the least talented and least attractive of the three. Aslong as EE is gonna be around they might aswell keep Kelly. Eugene can wrestle and used properly could be a strong addition to the roster. I thought he was hilarious at ECWONS2, it's a difficult character to book but there is life in it.

So, once again, keep everyone. Evan Snitsky.

Chef

Reaction score
if i ran the wwe then iwould take out ecw and start a wcw with the manager eric bischoff and hire evry wrestler that was there before and brock lesner

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
vince hasnt done alot right lately....ecw is a complete disaster(altho its getting better) he is signing more ppl then he can use...idk...if i was vince id just say call it quits and giv it to shane and steph.....

the dark knight

i'd take out umaga and lashley . both are 100% uselless 2 me .

Che_Guevara_Fan

Reaction score
Looking at the Rosters, I'd say take out all the divas who don't wrestle. Bye Bye, Extreme Expose. It use to be good, with the story of the jealous boyfriend and the girlfriend liking C.M Punk.

But come on now it's just a bunch of flipping-flapping around dancing, there's not even any stripping! It's gotta go!

Reaction score
id faint to be honest

but seriosly i would bring in some divas that can wrestle some that could represent a new trish stratus and lita.
I would make the cruiserweight division more exciting woth title defences more often and i would bring back Rebellion , so England get a live PPV again :]

ash1187

Reaction score
If i ran the WWE, i would do the following:

1: Get rid of ECW, it only has 23 people on its rosterbut keep RVD, CM Punk,
Marcus Cor Von, Sabu, Elijah Burke and Lashley and keep all the divas and keep tazz and Joey Styles

2: Get rid of the great khali

3: Give a push to Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro,Chavo Guerrero ,Montel Vontavious Porter, Marcus Cor Von and CM Punk.

4: Bring Back Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman

5: Bring back Booker T gimmick, and get rid of king booker

6:bring back Trish

i know most of these will never happen but that is what i would do.

Starsky

Reaction score
I'd take out Eugene, Val Venis, and Viscera

Agreed. Viscera and Eugene used up any ounce of usefullness long ago and Venis hasn't been relevant in years.

Then there's the likes of the Funaki's and Scotty 2 Hotty's.

But in reality there's a whole host of mediocre (at best) talent on the roster which it wouldn't hurt to lose.

EdgeHead

Reaction score
Fire Khali
Push RVD, CM punk, and Nitro.
Take the belt off Lashley
Showcase the tag team divison on RAW

The Icon

Reaction score
RAW:
WWE Champion: Shawn Michaels (Orton, Edge, Carlito, HHH and Cena as contenders)
Intercontinental Champion: Masters (Nitro, Benjamin, Super Crazy and Umaga as contenders)
Womens Champion: Mickie James (Melina, Maria and Victoria as contenders)
World Tag Team Champions:The Hardyz (Cryme Tyme, The Highlanders, TWGTT and Cade/Murdoch as contenders)
Fire: Khali, Val Venis and Eugene.

SmackDown!:
World Heavyweight Champion: Undertaker (Benoit, Kennedy, Batista and Booker as contenders)
United States Champion: M.V.P (No plans yet)
Cruiserweight Champion: Rey Mysterio (Chavo, Scotty, Miz, Helms and Yang as contenders)
WWE Tag Team Champions: Deuce/Domino (London/Kendrick, Taylor/Regal and Funaki/Noble as contenders)
Fire: Maryse, Daivari and The Boogeyman.

ECW:
ECW World Champion: Rob Van Dam (Sandman, Sabu and Dreamer as contenders)
Hardcore Champion: C.M. Punk (Snitsky, Holly, Cor Von and Knox as contenders)
Vixens Champion: Ariel (Kelly and Trinity as contenders)
ECW World Tag Team Champions: Guido and Striker (Dudleys and The Bashams as contenders)
Fire: Richards, Burke and Lashley

sex&violence

Reaction score
I think there should be mainly cross brand championships

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
WWE Tag team championship
WWE Womens championship
WWE Tag team championship
WWE Cruizerweight championship

Then each brand has its own title

Raw - IC Title
Smackdown - US Title
ECW - TV Championship

-Make all PPV's cross brand
-Bring back KOTR PPV and have it cross brand
-Keep the tradition of gimmick PPV, like survivor series, royal rumber, KOTH, cyber sunday/taboo tuesday, and maybe another one that is simular to survivor series that incorperated a compertition between ECW/Raw/Smackdown
-Fire all divas that are not their to wrestle only have divas that can wrestle and liven up the diva division
-liven up cruizerweight division
-More gimmick/specialaity matches
-fire khali, non wrestling divas and miz
-rehire if possible Jericho, The Rock, Christian and Angle
-make Batista heel again
-Push CM Punk, RVD, Nitro

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Former World Heavyweight Champion Batista was a guest on F4Wonline.com's Wrestling Observer Radio this week to discuss his time with WWE, MMA, the future and lots more. Here are highlights from the excellent interview:

* Batista said he left WWE because he felt like he didn't fit in anymore. He feels like wrestling is in a bad spot right now and has gone down hill since the whole PG direction. Batista said it leaves a bad taste in his mouth and became too unbelievable & hokey. He added that the things he learned from guys like Triple H and Ric Flair, you couldn't do anymore. He said you couldn't use your tools anymore. Batista said he felt like he became disconnected from the business and became unhappy with it. He still believes in WWE as a company but there wasn't a place for him anymore.

* Regarding his most recent run where some felt it was the best work of his career, Batista said he knew he was leaving and basically did what he wanted to do and eventually it worked. He didn't care about pissing anyone off on the pic and just put his thoughts out there more without worrying about upsetting anyone. He said this started to work so Vince McMahon let him work with it. He recalled one promo before his last WrestleMania in San Jose, California where he let it run how he wanted to do it, ripping on several people. When he got backstage, Vince told him that he went too far with the promo and gave him a good earful.

* The spotlight that he was using before leaving WWE was an idea that Michael Hayes came up with.

* Regarding his departure, Batista gave WWE about 7 months notice that he wanted to finish outright. He wanted to go out the right way and give WWE plenty of notice. That 7 months ended up turning into 9 months because they needed him longer. Batista made it clear that Vince left the door wide open for him to come back. He said he enjoys having that opportunity there to go back, if he wants.

* He had reached out to Strikeforce while with WWE and the MMA promotion expressed interest but he didn't actually sit down with them until he left WWE. His intentions were doing a MMA fight when he first left WWE. At one point he had a 3 fight deal with Strikeforce that would have him do a CBS fight, a Showtime fight and then a pay-per-view fight, all leading to a fight against Bobby Lashley. Batista cited scheduling, his movie work and financial differences, among other things, as to why the deals never worked out. They had another deal almost ready to be signed that would have sent him directly to pay-per-view to fight but his manager Cesar Gracie didn't think everything was fair. Strikeforce was bought by UFC and that was that as far as Batista fighting for Strikeforce goes.

* Batista feels that WWE had a huge missed opportunity with Kennedy, now known as Mr. Anderson in TNA, and was shocked when he was released. He feels WWE could have done more with Ted DiBiase Jr. and knew Kofi Kingston would be a top star when he was in FCW. He also says Sheamus has potential and was one of the smart guys who hooked up with veterans like William Regal to learn more about the business. He added that Sheamus took some crap from people for hooking up with the veterans but it was worth it.

* Regarding Mason Ryan, Batista doesn't think the Nexus star is imitating him and if he was, Batista would be flattered. Batista thinks Ryan is a great guy after meeting him in London and is curious to see where his career goes.

* As far as his future in wrestling goes, Batista does not want to have another full-blown run but would like to return to WWE and officially retire with a small run or something like that. He is also interested in working with WWE in some other capacity. He doesn't want to be a full-time actor and doesn't think he will ever be qualified to be one. He is also looking to continue his MMA training and eventually get a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
WWE has seemed to somewhat lightened up on the PG gripe some so I wonder if that will be enough to make him consider a comeback.