Batista Retirement Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
The following news may contain a spoiler in regards to tonight's WWE Extreme Rules PPV main event, read with caution!!!

The word within the WWE locker room in Baltimore, which plays host to tonight’s WWE Extreme Rules PPV, is that Batista will be finishing up with the company this week. Batista is set to challenge John Cena tonight in a last man standing match for the Championship.

Batista made headlines dating back to this past January when he made it known he was ready to retire within the year, after being burnt out and his aspirations to become a movie star. A majority of the WWE crew arrived early this weekend in Baltimore for the PPV and those within the backstage area believe Batista’s career in the WWE will come to an end shortly following the Extreme Rules PPV.

While this all remains speculation, there is great belief that Batista will indeed retire from the Pro Wrestling ring. Stay tuned as we continue to gather information.
-ewrestlingnews.com

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
The WWE will probably give him the belt tonight and a future movie role just to keep him around. Lets face it, he is one of their bigger draws. The WWE isn't just going to let him walk away without a fight.

noumenon

Reaction score
Well I was just kind of hoping that if this was indeed his last run we'd see the title bounce back and forth between Cena and Batista a few times. Ya know, at least give the illusion that this was a battle between the two current top guys in the business, rather than just having Cena shut him down twice.

LKP

Reaction score
If Batista does lose tonight hes gone tonight. If he wins then we know Old cena will win the title back in May.

Reaction score
I can see Batista as a movie star. Maybe not a leading star, but in a supporting cast kind of way. Sort of how Jesse Ventura supported Arnold back in the '80's in a couple of movies.

nation

Reaction score
Fucking great. Batista right now is easily at his best. He's been awesome as a heel. Hopefully he just takes some time off and gets in a long run as the badass heel he's been when he returns.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^I don't he'll be coming back and if he does, you know it will be as a face.

...god...

Reaction score
Called it. But I thought about it, and I kinda hoped he'd put someone over before he left. Maybe even Kofi, as much as I hate him, Batista could do a lot for him. And even more wishful thinking would be MVP or Christian.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Not good news for WWE, especially after the loss of Shawn Michaels to retirement. Hopefully the writers can find a way to make some new stars fast because this roster is going to need it

Reaction score
Looking back on Batista's career, I have to ask - has he helped build up any of the newer generation? I can't think of any at the moment.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Batista isn't a veteran. He is like Orton in where he needed a lifer to help him get to ME status.

Reaction score
I can see Batista as a movie star. Maybe not a leading star, but in a supporting cast kind of way. Sort of how Jesse Ventura supported Arnold back in the '80's in a couple of movies.

Jesse had some talents that Batista obviously doesn't. Not knocking Batista, but he is barely learning to become effective as a talker, Ventura got through wrestling with the gift of gab. Batista will be on some straight to video releases or as a giant beefed up monster on a superhero movie, where he doesn't have to talk much.

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
Jesse had some talents that Batista obviously doesn't. Not knocking Batista, but he is barely learning to become effective as a talker, Ventura got through wrestling with the gift of gab. Batista will be on some straight to video releases or as a giant beefed up monster on a superhero movie, where he doesn't have to talk much.

5615.jpg
:footinmouth: :clap: