Batista On 'Unfocused' WWE Fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Batista.jpg

"
Batista claimed that the fans cheated themselves during his last WWE run, as they were concerned with chanting about things that did not pertain to the entertainment going on in the squared circle instead of watching the show.

"That whole run in particular was just… I mean, it even started with an uphill battle." Batista continued, "but the thing that really frustrated me and confused me was just the crowd, man. I didn't get it. They were just so focused on what wasn't there in front of them that they lost sight of what was there in front of them. And I felt like they cheated themselves. I mean, no matter what was going on, and not even just with my matches, but with a lot of the other matches, it was 'Daniel Bryan' chants and 'yes! Yes! Yes!' and 'CM Punk' chants. And I'm like, 'you're missing some really good wrestling here. This is, like, good stuff, man!'"

Batista called the WWE Universe "unfocused" and it confused him that they would pay to go to a show they were not watching.

"I felt like they were the most unfocused group of fans I ever encountered," Batista reflected. "And it was just really, really confusing to me because I couldn't even understand why they're there. Why are they paying their money to come watch a show that they're not even watching? It just baffled me."

Read More

I am not sure why he was confused by this. There is something that happens in large numbers of people. I am sure there is a word for it but they tend to find something agreeable, enjoyable, or funny and want to take part in it. So when people chant for CM Punk, it has nothing to do with CM Punk, but it is the fans way of saying "We wan't something different" and I guess Batisa don't like hearing that. The "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chants started with Daniel Bryan but the WWE marketed it and now it is no different from Stone Cold's "What?". Just because they chant these things without said wrestler around, doesn't mean they are completely unfocused. Batisa sounds like a self-absorbed tool.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Is this guy that out of touch? Unfocused? They put Dave in as the number 1 face when he’s not the star caliber of the rock, punk, or Cena, and had him win the rumble that way. All the while it clearly needed to be DB’s moment in the sun, and instead we got Batisa... doing his typical lame ass face character, nothing creative.

He eventually turned heel because they realized their dumbass mistake, and sure they chanted some dumb things, but it was mainly because he was being forced into a bad spot, by hunter and Vince, and then scrambled into a a good spot, with evolution, but by then it was too late. People didn’t care, they felt Batisa shouldn’t have comeback the way he did, and it was all handled poorly.

All in all, it wasn’t just the crowd, it was mainly how he was handled. N

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
He was right. Smarks hijacked his return, guy was willing to put anyone over, but didn't give him the time to fully come back. Batista is almost like the casual audience, completely alienated from the current product, with completely different ideas of what makes wrestling entertaining.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
His issues with crowds were the fact they turned into a reddit meet up instead of people watching a show.
I will give this that in the sense that a few smaller groups were pissed to see him so they chanted and then everyone else joined in for the memes.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I always liked Batista and what he represented. Not a mark for himself, roided up and entertaining. Doesn't put on three star classics like Cody Rhodes but is self aware so he does cool moves and taunts like a savage. I can totally see why he's confused about wrestling in its current state. I bet he gets Blue messages like oh you should have a Japanese death match with Yoshioka Hoshino and he has no idea why a fan would want that.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Batista was a great heel in 2014. Even tho people hated Batista winning the rumble. I thought it was unintentionally great story telling. Why would you want Bryan to win a big match like the rumble... Have Bryan go through hell then he finally has that great moment at mania. Don't shoot your loads so soon. way more satisfying what actually happened.

Reactions: Death Walker

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
dude I love Batista but I think he missed the point a bit there because during that whole Bryan era, the crowd wasn't "unfocused", they were anything but that. I'd say they were more focused then ever, just not on what Batista thought they should have, but moreso on getting Bryan into that Mania main event spot, which they achieved, so how come this is still a topic? Everything worked out the way it should have, Batista had a good but short heel run and that's it.

I see a lot of people switching over to Dave's good side now that he's a big actor and all but at the end of the day, not a single person would have agreed to this back when it was relevant. Everybody wanted Bryan to win the titles at that point and Batista's comeback was just unfortunate timing

Reactions: Death Walker

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Batista is cool, but he's right... He was wrestling A+ matches and fans shit on him doing different chants. Often fans are being downright difficult w/ Batista.

WWE just needs to make Batista interesting, including interesting matches or fans will do it again.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Batista is cool, but he's right... He was wrestling A+ matches and fans shit on him doing different chants. Often fans are being downright difficult w/ Batista.

WWE just needs to make Batista interesting, including interesting matches or fans will do it again.
Yeah maybe not A+ matches but there were decent for what WWE were doing with him. I enjoy Batista as well.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Thing is I agree with Batista. You had smarks in the audience who chanted "CM Punk" or "No!" all because they didn't get what they want...

What really pisses me off is when the same hypocritical smarks who hated him so much caused him to leave wants him back now... One min "ah Batista sucks, Bryan should've won" next min "Ah man we need Batista back, we need him to face Lesnar"... If you never booed him out we could've had that match.

After all the great matches they treated him like shit. Those smarks should be ashamed

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so I wasn't around for this...but from what I've seen...

The WWE crowds wanted Daniel Bryan...and chanted for him.
Now I actually agree with Dave about the WWE crowds chanting
for performers who aren't actually in the ring at the time.

I think its disrespectful...but...again...its better the crowd be doing
something rather than sitting on their hands right?

I'm one of the few people who have seen more of Batista as an
actor than a wrestler...as strange as that is to think about.

I still like the idea of him returning for a final heel run with the
Authors of Pain acting as his bodyguards because "Hollywood
Star" but that's just what I think would be cool.

I think @SWL summed it up perfectly...

Everybody wanted Bryan to win the titles at that point and Batista's comeback was just unfortunate timing

Although...you can kind of tell Dave is still bitter about the
entire situation.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Although...you can kind of tell Dave is still bitter about the
entire situation.
I thought it was perfect timing. Why do people look back at Batista's last run as a failure. Just cuz WWE intended it differently. Batista winning the rumble was great. It added fuel to the yes movement. Batista was a great heel. Bryan winning the rumble would be the satisfying sweet moment. But that feeling should have been at WrestleMania. And it was.

Looking back at it now, everything planned out perfectly. Despite WWE having completely intended something different. The whole yes movement unintentionally became one of the best WWE storys in the last 10 years.

Batista doesn't see that tho...

Reactions: Grievous 3D