• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Backstage Update on Ric Flair's WWE Return & Possible Angle with The Miz or Dolph Ziggler

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I think the reason Flair is coming back is so Triple H can keep an eye on him and help him not only with the drinking but his money problems.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think the reason Flair is coming back is so Triple H can keep an eye on him and help him not only with the drinking but his money problems.
If that was the case, he would just have him drive Trips and Steph's bus and look after their kids like he was doing before he went to TNA.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

There's better ways to do that than have him on TV weekly though.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ric Flair is wrestling so if he decides he wants to be on WWE every week it should be final. Now fuck puttin' him with The Miz though, I cringed every single time I watched him put on the Figure Four. I have no problem with Ziggler gettin' a manager but WWE uses his style wrong constantly so I think he's a pretty lost cause.

Ric Flair should just get mic time to run his mouth and drool on young ladies in the crowd.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Ric Flair is wrestling so if he decides he wants to be on WWE every week it should be final. Now fuck puttin' him with The Miz though, I cringed every single time I watched him put on the Figure Four. I have no problem with Ziggler gettin' a manager but WWE uses his style wrong constantly so I think he's a pretty lost cause.

Ric Flair should just get mic time to run his mouth and drool on young ladies in the crowd.

That last line though...doesn't he do that anyways? lol. I just cant picture Flair with Dolph, I think it will kill his char even more.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Flair takes all the focus on the mic as Ziggler just stands there with a goofy grin......That'll get him over :dolph:

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Overall I'm just tired of certain legends continuously coming back time and time again... they just lose their luster after so many "returns." But as long as he doesn't wrestle I can deal with it... well that and I hope they scratch the idea of him managing Miz... If Flair wants to work with Ziggler, then just let him work with Ziggler. If it works, great! If not, then oh well they at least tried. We already know that it didn't work for Miz the first time around, so why try again?

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Flair takes all the focus on the mic as Ziggler just stands there with a goofy grin......That'll get him over :dolph:

thats what they are trying to do with swagger, haha. Ziggler doesnt need a manager, he needs more tv time

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Overall I'm just tired of certain legends continuously coming back time and time again... they just lose their luster after so many "returns." But as long as he doesn't wrestle I can deal with it... well that and I hope they scratch the idea of him managing Miz... If Flair wants to work with Ziggler, then just let him work with Ziggler. If it works, great! If not, then oh well they at least tried. We already know that it didn't work for Miz the first time around, so why try again?

Right? I cant stand Slaughter or the HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO guy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah, fuck those old bastards for taking an extra payday in their old age.

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Yeah, fuck those old bastards for taking an extra payday in their old age.

I'm not necessarily bashing them for coming back if they need money, I think there should just be a better way for them to make some money with the company that doesn't really tarnish their legacy or make them seem desperate. Just make it feel more special or make them company spokesmen or ambassadors.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Legacy don't pay the bills.

And a career in pro-wrestling that is started at a very young age as an independent contractor doesn't leave with you with enough skills to just go out and get a regular job. Think of the shit talk that came over Justin Credible and Shane Douglas for taking regular jobs.

Doubt they would care about their "legacies" if someone offered them money for a one night thing.

People like Flair, Hogan, Foley, Slaughter....etc....shouldn't have to be marks about themselves because their fans or haters are.

When are people going to start turning on RVD and Jericho? When they hit age 45?

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I get that, but these days there does seem to be more options within wrestling (more specifically WWE) than being an on-air character. Also, those who tear into wrestlers who move on and get "regular jobs" are just assholes tbh. I also understand that wrestling is all many of these guys know, and it's unfortunate that many of these legends either didn't make as much money as people think they did or that they simply didn't know how to be smart with their money (Flair), but as mentioned earlier they don't always need to come back with an on-air personality.

Just look at guys like Dean Malenko, Billy Kidman, and more recently Mick Foley. They've managed to either find a different means of income via their skill-sets provided from their wrestling careers (Foley and his comedy tour) or they became behind the scenes guys that help with production and help younger talents (Kidman/Malenko).

That's my only real gripe... And I guess my opinion on this matter is more Flair-centered as I used to be a huge fan of his, but the way he's handled his money and ego over recent years has kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Not sure if I'm making sense, but bottom line is I'm fine with bringing legends back as long as it's in a useful and beneficial way.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Flair can't do agent work, he never could piece together a match. He just went out to the ring and called it out there. Most of the all time greats in anything can't teach people what just came natural to them. As for ambassador work? Nah, Hogan is far more trustworthy in that role.

As for Flair not saving his money? Yeah.....That's what made him Slick Rick, he wasn't playing a character, he was/is that guy. The maturity level of pro-wrestlers depends on the age they start on the road. You start out young, and that's all you know....you are going to act that way the rest of your life. Especially if you don't have an other outlet or life outside of it. Flair never left pro-wrestling ever....This is what he has done since he was 18.

The one thing that bothers me about people who use the term "legacy" and I am not directing this at anybody, just see a pattern amongst the IWC is that they are the same people who eagerly shun them and cry about young guys not getting their due, and how they deserve this and that....Like the guys who paved that road they are riding don't deserve anything too. And callously just act like them not doing well financially is all their fault....Like they don't even factor in things like they have to pay for everything...Hotels, rental cars, food, gyms and then have taxes and licences to pay in every state they go, and stuff they have to pay for when they leave the country.

Think the guys in the territory days, or 80s and 90s had financial planners? They didn't even have agents or lawyers to advise them on what how they could plan for the future.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I have no problem with old guys doing whatever they want to make money. But am I not allowed to say I don't enjoy what they do? If some old guy is on my TV taking up time on RAW and I don't find him entertaining, this "He has to make money argument" doesn't mean shit to me. I get why they're doing it, doesn't mean I can't say I don't enjoy it.